/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi glad to be here

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey IB
My name is carl i`m a non muslim,i recently brought the `meaning of the quran` book,and an `introduction to islam`.I`m interested by islam.I must be honest, and i hope you understand,but i used to dislike islam,i used to view it as an evil religion,because of the way animals where sacrificed, and with the typical media brainwash with all those extremists recruiting muslims.I now however am close to being a muslim.Although i used to dislike islam i used to have a love for mosque artitecture,i used to and still do admire them.
Anyways, i joined on here, as i have a few questions to ask,and i just want to join abusy/active islam forum.

Peace to you all.

P.S I know now that slitting an animal throat is ahumane thing to do, if done right.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Hi Scorpian ! how are you ?
Welcome to the Forum. Hope you find your stay here enjoyable and beneficial. And hope you find answers for your questions here.
I just wanted to say also that a big number of new muslim reverts used to dislike islam in the past, but when they learned about it from original sources, they loved islam. So that's just natural.

PS: you've got a scary screen name:scared:
;D;D

tango92
07-05-2010, 02:06 PM
salaams bro, may Allah make the path clear for you.

Woodrow
07-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Welcome to the forums Carl. I believe you will find it interesting that many of us here are former Christians and we have faced the same questions and issues you are now facing. Each of us has our own story as to how we came to accept Islam, but for most of us it comes down to love for Allaah(swt) and a desire to truly serve him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-05-2010, 02:41 PM
:welcome: aboard scorpion and enjoy your stay with us...

peace

Masuma
07-05-2010, 02:53 PM
welcome brother carl! May Allah show you the right way! :statisfie

P.S brother, a brilliant reply was given by dr. zakir about "sacrificing animals" but i was unable to find it. :) But when I'll, I'll post it here.

And sacrificing animals is considered a ruthless act by many non-Muslims but why don't they regard killing plants as ruthless too?

Plants too are living creatures! ?) So vegetarians also takes someone's life for filling their stomachs. :)

Banu_Hashim
07-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Hey scorpian,

Welcome to the forum, and feel free to ask away! Any question you have - more often than not some one will have the answer inshaAllah (God Willing).

Peace.

Rabi'ya
07-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to IB. Iam sure you will enjoy your time here and I pray you come closer to Islam and inshAllah will accept Islam soon. :)

Insaanah
07-05-2010, 05:51 PM
A very warm welcome to the forum Carl,

Praise be to Allah that your heart is warming to Islam. We have many reverts here (including many former Christians), who saw the light of Islam.

Please do ask your questions, and we will do our best to help.

May Allah guide you to the straight path. Ameen.

Peace.

Misz_Muslimah
07-05-2010, 06:55 PM
Hope you have a great stay, Carl! :)

Tilmeez
07-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi there,
I'm Tilmeez The Most Friendly Mod around. :D Nice to meet you. And we are happy to have you here. Feel free reading and posting around.

So far only one post? Oh I see you are a brother:X

Questions? No worries at all post them and they will receive the answers, Inshallah.

Wish you a nice and beneficial stay here.

PS: I hate pigs :Evil:

aadil77
07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Welcome :shade:

glad you understand that our way of animal sacrifice is humane, I don't know why animal rights organisations call it barbaric lol

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey all
Wow!!! so many replies :-D.I¬m shocked ot have gotten so many replies for an intro,i only get like 5 max haha.Thanks for all the nice replies,i feel welcome already.I did post some topics that were waiting moderator approval.But they`ve now been accepted :-D.I just noticed i got reputation,how do i give people rep?

Thank you all and may allah bless you all.

P.S I did prey last night that allah,angels and helpers etc help me to understand the quran,and islam.

Rhubarb Tart
07-05-2010, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

glad you understand that our way of animal sacrifice is humane, I don't know why animal rights organisations call it barbaric lol

Actually some of them dont, it just the extreme ones that think eating meat is wrong let alone sacrifice. Many of them recognise it is quick and easier and they dont feel pain.

Salam brother carl

welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your stay. Dont be Afraid to ask questions....

:)

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

From my experience it`s because, it looks barbaric, i mean the animal might feel the pain,and will struggle for air, and also when the animal dies it twitches,and people misleading think the animal is still alive and struggling,but it isn`t it`s just the nervous system shutting down.I know because i twitch when my body shuts down to go to sleep.
And it`s like if you get a paper cut,it stings, and so it`s kind of similiar to that.But isn`t the same as the animal is already dead.
I`m a HUGE animal lover and one of the reasons/the main reason i dislike islam was because of this slaughter and i thought muslim hated dogs,but i`ve found out other wise now,because i researched it myself(thought i do belive someone on the other side helped me,as i didn`t like any religions and was fed up with the lot of them,but then i for some reason went into the islam section of a bookshop and sat them for a good 30 minutes researching it,and now i`m nelly a muslim, it islam hated/disliked animals i would be here now.)

glo
07-06-2010, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the forum, Carl. :welcome:

h-n
07-09-2010, 09:30 PM
:welcome: to the forum Scorpian,

Just like to say that's impressive that you actually asked Allah to help you understand. That's the best start you can possibly have. :clever:

May Allah help you to have, understand what you want from Islam.

h-n

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!