/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and Beards

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey all
I`m just wandering why do alot of muslim wear beards? Do you have to have one to be a muslim? The majority of muslims i`ve seen have beards, is it a personal choice?

cheers

Scorp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-05-2010, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scorpian
Hey all
I`m just wandering why do alot of muslim wear beards? Do you have to have one to be a muslim? The majority of muslims i`ve seen have beards, is it a personal choice?

cheers

Scorp

There is a difference of opinion as to if the Beard is Fiqh (required by Law) Sunnah (Preffered but not obligatory) or if it is simply Halal to have one.

Most of us see it as being an obligation and view it as being the male counterpart to the hijab.

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
There is a difference of opinion as to if the Beard is Fiqh (required by Law) Sunnah (Preffered but not obligatory) or if it is simply Halal to have one.

Most of us see it as being an obligation and view it as being the male counterpart to the hijab.
Would i have to have one,because i feel scruffy with one.or atleast can i have it short, and not long like,yusuf estes etc?

Salahudeen
07-05-2010, 10:17 PM
You wouldn't have to have a long one, as long as you have something that is recognised as a beard you would come under the prophets commandment "let your beards grow and trim your moustaches" Of course having a long one is better and more preferable as this would be closer to the example of the prophet and his companions however having something that can be called a beard still means you fall under the prophets command to "grow the beard and trim the moustache".

Scholars differ on the the length of the beard.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tango92
07-06-2010, 03:57 AM
^ yes, for now keeping the beard is the obligation done. after that the length is sunnah. or so ive heard.

it looks good bro, let it grow fairly thick and it looks nice. otherwise you look a little kid out of puberty.

Muslimeen
07-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Would i have to have one,because i feel scruffy with one.or atleast can i have it short, and not long like,yusuf estes etc?
I have recently heard in a bayaan by Ml Suleiman Moola, that the beard should be atleast one fist length. He also mentioned a story of some christians who came to meet Rasullulah Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam they were clean shaven and had long mostaches. Rasullulah Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam turned his face away from the and disliked looking at them. We are talking about Christians here. Do you think the Nabi of Allah is going to look at a muslim without a beard on the day of Qiyamah??
Please see below link.

http://www.islam.tc/beard/beard6.html

Scorpian
07-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Ok thanks all, i`d sooner have short one.

Dirt 101
07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
And, did you hear/read this one?

If the beard is not trimmed daily, there is a danger of it becoming more glorious than the hair on top of one's head!

Means... daily prayer is mandatory to keep things properly "in check", as it were...

Salahudeen
07-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Ok thanks all, i`d sooner have short one.
That's fine. check this vid.

AabiruSabeel
07-07-2010, 07:13 AM
:sl:

Please read:

What Islam says about the Beard?

and

The Beard of a Muslim and its Importance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!