/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Animal Sacrifice/Halal Question.

Scorpian
07-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I recently watched a video on youtube,where this camel is sacrifice.I found it rather distressing, it wasn`t the actual slaughter,it was the fate there was a large noisey crowd an a camel was in the middle.Surely the camel would be scared.
I`ve read in my book and on the net,that animals being killed should be done,as comfortably for the animal as possible.So why then was there a crowd? Is it ok for animals to be slaughtered/sacrifice,in front of a large crowd,and with a lot of noise going on?

Thanks

Scorp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rhubarb Tart
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
It would be interesting to see what people say. I would like to know the answer to this question!
In Somalia, few people do it outside the garden. There isn’t any crowd as such and no one was making noise. I did not watch it, as I felt sick to my stomach. But I did eat it though
:p

BUMP!!

marwen
07-05-2010, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scorpian
Is it ok for animals to be slaughtered/sacrifice,in front of a large crowd,and with a lot of noise going on?
1) Eating animals is a human need, unless you are a pure vegetarian. It may seem cruel for some people to see an animal killed (When I was a kid I used to be sad and disgusted to see my father slaughtering a little sheep). But sometimes we need to forget about our emotions if we need to do the correct thing.

2) Islam has not invented animal slaughtering. Humans used to eat meat before Islam. Non muslims also eat meat. Meat is a blessing from Allah, and in the sacrifice feast (eid al idhhaa), we are ordered to sacrifice an animal and address this sacrifice to Allah to show Him we are grateful for the blessings He gave us. In the sacrifice day, Allah just wanted us to eat from the slaughtered animal meat and donate(if we want) a part of it to poor people, to spread the blessing of Allah over the whole society.

3) the slaughtering operation should be in the best and in the most comfortable way for the animal,it so quickly and comfortable so the animal don't feel anything. Because our purpose is not to torture the animal, but to eat and fill our need, and help other poor people with sadaqah, and of course to obey Allah's orders and follow our Prophet Salla Allahu Alayhi wa Sallam.
Of course we are recommended to not make a crowd and noise around the animal being slaughtered because that will hurt the animal and scare him, and this is against Islam.
May be some people don't see every day a camel being slaughtered, so they will gather around to see this event. But it's not recommended.

Muslimeen
07-06-2010, 10:06 AM
As far as I know, you should do your utmost to keep the animal calm, obviously not slaughtering in front of other animals and don't leave any signs of an animal that was slaughtered there before, like washing away blood and removing skins etc. Keep the knives out of sight until the animal is ready for slaughter. We often slaughter Oxen on the farm, when this happens people naturally all gather around either to help or witness the slaughter, when there's a crowd there is going to be noise. However we try to ensure it is as humane as possible. However I must stress it is not for the faint hearted. Lastly most people forget the main criteria, HAVE A SHARP KNIFE. I have witnessed some real horror stories on the farm, now days, I just stay away from the slaughter bays as far as possible. May allah guide us. Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scorpian
07-06-2010, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
1)
Of course we are recommended to not make a crowd and noise around the animal being slaughtered because that will hurt the animal and scare him, and this is against Islam.
That`s what i thought.

Thanks for the help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!