/* */

PDA

View Full Version : files deleted

Ummu Sufyaan
07-06-2010, 09:37 AM
:sl:
when i was trying to save some files unto the USB drive, they seemed to have not saved properly and now i cant find them. i cant retrieve them off the computer either since i deleted them from the folder they were saved in as well as the trash can since i moved that folder into there when i *thought* i had save them onto the USB.

is there any way i can get these files back? is it possible that they are still on the computer without me realizing it...? did i save them in the wrong folder thinking that i was saving them on the USB.

these files were originally saved unto a computer that has windows XP. is it possible that when i put in the USB drive into a computer with Vista that there was some type of glitch, such as some sort of imcompatability between the 2 types of windows?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
07-06-2010, 11:40 AM
You can get these files back, wait I will get you link to the programme but DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE OR COPY ANYTHING TO UR USB OR SAVE ANYTHING ELSE. because it might over write the deleted files so you won't be able to recover them.

Salahudeen
07-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Here is a free programme you can use to recover the deleted files. http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Ummu Sufyaan
07-07-2010, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
You can get these files back, wait I will get you link to the programme but DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING ELSE OR COPY ANYTHING TO UR USB OR SAVE ANYTHING ELSE. because it might over write the deleted files so you won't be able to recover them.
that's the thing, im not even sure if they got saved on the USB to begin with.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
07-07-2010, 03:35 AM
You can use the recuva on the Hard drive too but DO NOT do any file operation on the drive otherwise the file marked as deleted will get overwritten and you will not be able to recover it. When you delete a file even from the recycle bin the file is not physically deleted but marked as deleted in the file system and as you do some file operations it gets overwritten and the data is destroyed, :hmm: 17 hours ago, you can get your files back if you have not done any file operation. Use recuva or O&O Disk Recovery the latter one is a commercial software (but it is worth the price):hiding:

Salahudeen
07-07-2010, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan

that's the thing, im not even sure if they got saved on the USB to begin with.
Give it a try, as abdul majid said you can recover from computer harddrive also, just don't do any file operation cos they might get over written.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-07-2010, 10:20 AM
im still abit confused.
i can recover the files/folder as long as i haven't deleted/saved any files since the deletion of the other files/folder?

Salahudeen
07-07-2010, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
im still abit confused.
i can recover the files/folder as long as i haven't deleted/saved any files since the deletion of the other files/folder?

yes, that is correct. even if you have deleted/saved some files it's still worth a try to recover them you never know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!