/* */

PDA

View Full Version : islamic heaven?

Jedi
07-06-2010, 05:04 PM
What form will islamic heaven be?

What form will the believers be in the islamic heaven?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-06-2010, 05:12 PM
The best of form!

and all the best to you!

aadil77
07-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Definition: Heaven in Islam, described in the Qur'an as an eternal afterlife of peace and bliss, where the faithful and righteous are rewarded. They will be restful in the presence of God, in "gardens beneath which rivers flow." Jannah comes from an Arabic word which means "to cover or hide something." Heaven, therefore, is a place which is unseen to us.
The Qur'an describes that Jannah is "...a beautiful place of final return – a garden of eternity, whose doors will always be open to them" (Qur'an 38:49-50).

People who enter Jannah "...will say, ‘Praise be to Allah who has removed from us (all) sorrow, for our Lord is indeed Oft–Forgiving, appreciative; who has settled us in the house of lasting residence out of His bounty. No toil nor sense of weariness shall touch us therein" (Qur'an 35:34-35).

Believers will be in the form of humans

Jedi
07-07-2010, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Definition: Heaven in Islam, described in the Qur'an as an eternal afterlife of peace and bliss, where the faithful and righteous are rewarded. They will be restful in the presence of God, in "gardens beneath which rivers flow." Jannah comes from an Arabic word which means "to cover or hide something." Heaven, therefore, is a place which is unseen to us.
The Qur'an describes that Jannah is "...a beautiful place of final return – a garden of eternity, whose doors will always be open to them" (Qur'an 38:49-50).

People who enter Jannah "...will say, ‘Praise be to Allah who has removed from us (all) sorrow, for our Lord is indeed Oft–Forgiving, appreciative; who has settled us in the house of lasting residence out of His bounty. No toil nor sense of weariness shall touch us therein" (Qur'an 35:34-35).

Believers will be in the form of humans
As believers are to be in human form, does this mean as we are now, flesh and blood?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimeen
07-08-2010, 10:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jedi
As believers are to be in human form, does this mean as we are now, flesh and blood?
Yes as far as I know. They will not age nor will they get sick or feel any discomfort.

Asiyah3
07-08-2010, 12:10 PM
“(It will be said to them): Salaam (peace be on you) — a Word from the Lord (Allaah), Most Merciful”

[Ya-Seen 36:58].

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah says: ‘I have prepared for My righteous slaves that which no eye has seen, no ear has heard and it has never crossed the mind of man.’ Recite if you wish: ‘No person knows what is kept hidden for them of joy as a reward for what they used to do’ [al-Sajdah 32:17 – interpretation of the meaning].”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3072; Muslim, 2824

“Surely, Allaah wastes not the reward of the Muhsinoon [those who do good]” [al-Tawbah 9:120].

Jedi
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
Yes as far as I know. They will not age nor will they get sick or feel any discomfort.
That's interesting, becasue as you probably know hindus and others believe in reincarnation and christians believe as I understand it, that the saved will be become spirit beings like angels!

So if as islam says that the believers will be still in human form(flesh&blood).
Where will heaven,jannah be?

Zafran
07-08-2010, 02:40 PM
That's interesting, becasue as you probably know hindus and others believe in reincarnation and christians believe as I understand it, that the saved will be become spirit beings like angels!

So if as islam says that the believers will be still in human form(flesh&blood).
Where will heaven,jannah be?
Nobody said that the human form is going to be (flesh and blood)?

جوري
07-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Jedi
07-09-2010, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Nobody said that the human form is going to be (flesh and blood)?
Well, this was posted in answer:

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen

Zafran
07-09-2010, 06:38 PM

Ultimatley the human form will be different from this (earthly) form eg we wont feel any discomfort or sickness. So when you say flesh and blood what do you mean by it?

aadil77
07-09-2010, 06:45 PM

We don't know for certain if we'll be made up of flesh and blood, but what we do know we've already said, our bodies will be in perfect form, in terms of beauty, strength, health, we will not give off any waste, we'll never feel hunger or thirst, we'll only eat for pleasure, we won't even need to sleep but can if you want, there won't be any saddness or anything negative - thats about all I'm aware of

Jedi
07-10-2010, 05:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Ultimatley the human form will be different from this (earthly) form eg we wont feel any discomfort or sickness. So when you say flesh and blood what do you mean by it?
I meant, as we are now, our earthly bodies!
And Musilmeen seemed to imply that?
"Yes as far as I know. They will not age nor will they get sick or feel any discomfort."
Although I accept that we could be at cross purposes or I misunderstood!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!