/* */

PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My Imaan Has Gone

cuezed
07-06-2010, 07:48 PM
aslamualaikum.

i have lost my imaan. i have even missed the daily prayers yesterday for no valid reason. i have been forcing myself last week to pray all 5 prayers and read 10 verses of Quran after fajr. i listen to quran whilst travelling to and from work. i attend islamic talks and watch islamic videos online. but my imaan dont seem to improve.

problem is i am not very socialible and dont have any friends to help me keep my imaan up. my wife trys to help me but i get annoyed with her.

what should i do? i really miss the days i used to have imaan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Masuma
07-06-2010, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cuezed
aslamualaikum.

i have lost my imaan. .......
Walikum As Salam Wr wb!

Dear and respected brother,

I know sometimes in our life we may feel distressed and broken; guilty for the past crimes which we did' no matter how much forgiveness we asked, we still feel the need for more, but it doesn't mean that we can't do anything!

If your iman is gone, try to get it back! :) That's what we ALL do. We fight, we struggle!

And do you know according to one hadith, it seems like your iman is not yet gone. This is because you are FEELING BAD about the sins you did and this definitely is a sign of Imaan! :statisfie

Salahudeen
07-06-2010, 08:58 PM
aslamualaikum.

i have lost my imaan. i have even missed the daily prayers yesterday for no valid reason. i have been forcing myself last week to pray all 5 prayers and read 10 verses of Quran after fajr. i listen to quran whilst travelling to and from work. i attend islamic talks and watch islamic videos online. but my imaan dont seem to improve.

problem is i am not very socialible and dont have any friends to help me keep my imaan up. my wife trys to help me but i get annoyed with her.

Attend Islam circles where the remembrance of Allah takes place, I see you are from Birmingham, Green Lane Masjid is having a big conference towards the end of the month try and attend inshallah, I will also try to attend if I manage to push my self out the house.

Salahudeen
07-06-2010, 09:12 PM
some 1 else posted thread with similar problem

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ml#post1345586

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
07-06-2010, 09:26 PM
aslamualaikum.

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu

Hope you and yours are doing fine... :)

from what i see brother you are over burdening Yourself... you talked about FORCING yourself to pray 5 times... and have made up your mind to read atleast TEN Verses of Quran in Fajr. You listen to Quran from home to work and from work to home. You watch Islamic Talks and Videos most of the time.. .. i am thinking do you even give time to your wife and kids ??

(22:78) And strive hard in God's cause with all the striving that is due to Him: it is He who has elected you (to carry this Message), and has laid NO hardship on you in (anything that pertains to) religion...

Narrated Abu Huraira (r.a) The Prophet (Saw) said "Religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion, will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good news that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by offering the Salah in the mronings, afternoons, and during the last hours of the nights." (Bukhari)

Many of us Muslims, many times, suddenly become religious and think that by just following Islam at all times and most of the time, like in your example, read Quran after prayer, then listen to Quran during driving, then listen to Quran while coming back, then watch Videos Islamic Lectures... then if i am some one who does not pray regular and i have decided i suddenly start praying 5 times..... all of these things are overburdening you brother....

Its like this... you don't know how to swim and you jump in the Ocean thinking you will learn as soon as you start to swim... NO... you would drown... its better to start learning how to swim from shallow waters... once you have learned THEN jump in to the ocean, become expert at the lower level 1st..... Islam is the Same.... you over burden yourself you would confuse yourself and in the end you would go away from the Whole of it... i have seen many friends do that... so my advise is go slow...

Even in regards to the Reciation of Quran Allah (Swt) says...

(73:20) ....He has shown mercy to you. So now recite as much of the Qur'an as you can.

.. brother if i was you i would recite, One Verse if i was a beginner, and try pondering over it as much as i can... and go slow... every Human's nature is different ... some people pick up things fast some pick up slow... some people learn how to swim fast, some people learn how to swim slow...

Allah (swt) knows your nature better than you yourself know.. and he rewards based on Intentions ..

FS123
07-06-2010, 09:34 PM
aslamualaikum.

First, relax. happens to many people, it is not your imaan has gone or you wouldn't be here asking.
Second, like education, work, and other relevant things in life, they need discipline, so does religion. You need to work on yourself to pray on time, etc... Like somebody said good company helps, it will make you do things that you might find difficult to do on your own until you can do them easily on your own.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-07-2010, 02:48 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
one of the worst things you can leave off is prayer. you have no excuse so pull yourself together and get praying. no-one can help you unless you help yourself first...iman isnt always about the people around you, if there is nothing in the heart to begin with, then no amount of people can help. iman is a matter of the heart and not a matter of the limbos...

cuezed
07-07-2010, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by An33za
Walikum As Salam Wr wb!

Dear and respected brother,

I know sometimes in our life we may feel distressed and broken; guilty for the past crimes which we did' no matter how much forgiveness we asked, we still feel the need for more, but it doesn't mean that we can't do anything!

If your iman is gone, try to get it back! :) That's what we ALL do. We fight, we struggle!

And do you know according to one hadith, it seems like your iman is not yet gone. This is because you are FEELING BAD about the sins you did and this definitely is a sign of Imaan! :statisfie
i am barely holding onto my imaan.

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Attend Islam circles where the remembrance of Allah takes place, I see you are from Birmingham, Green Lane Masjid is having a big conference towards the end of the month try and attend inshallah, I will also try to attend if I manage to push my self out the house.
i attended the whole series of lectures 10 days ago at greenlane masjid "taste the sweetness" and my imaan did increase. i will definitely (inshaAllah) be attending the big conference end of this month.

format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu

Hope you and yours are doing fine... :)

from what i see brother you are over burdening Yourself... you talked about FORCING yourself to pray 5 times... and have made up your mind to read atleast TEN Verses of Quran in Fajr. You listen to Quran from home to work and from work to home. You watch Islamic Talks and Videos most of the time.. .. i am thinking do you even give time to your wife and kids ??
i force myself to pray 5 times a day because it is obligatory. the one to leaves the salah is a disbeliever. the first thing we will be asked about in the grave will be in regards our salah. i havent read the quran since last ramadhan, and last week after attending the conference at greenlane masjid i set myself target to read atleast 10 verses a day with translation. is this too much?

also i listen to quran recitation whislt driving. i can try listening to lectures/talks instead, or just do zikr etc.

i dont watch islamic talks/videos most of the time. maximum 10 minute video. i find many over 30 minute good videos online but cant watch it due to distraction from family. i spend enough time with wife and kid.

i need to attend masjid more, but dont have a car with me. the nearest masjid is 1 mile away.

format_quote Originally Posted by FS123
First, relax. happens to many people, it is not your imaan has gone or you wouldn't be here asking.
Second, like education, work, and other relevant things in life, they need discipline, so does religion. You need to work on yourself to pray on time, etc... Like somebody said good company helps, it will make you do things that you might find difficult to do on your own until you can do them easily on your own.
you are right. i need to take it easy and do things one at a time. also i need to set myself straight before ramadhan.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
wa alaykum us-Salaam
one of the worst things you can leave off is prayer. you have no excuse so pull yourself together and get praying. no-one can help you unless you help yourself first...iman isnt always about the people around you, if there is nothing in the heart to begin with, then no amount of people can help. iman is a matter of the heart and not a matter of the limbos...
the salah is the only thing i am striving to perform daily. i know i cannot stop performing the daily prayers no matter what happens. this is why i made this thread because after 2 years of seeing my imaan slip slowly now i have managed to miss my prayers without a valid reason, which is a major problem.

Salahudeen
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Make dua to Allah to renew your emaan, because I remember hearing that the prophet pbuh would do this. something to do with rust or something.

Muslimeen
07-07-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't think your imaan is gone. If your imaan was gone you would not have been making intentions to do any good deeds and it would have not bothered you, though your imaan may not be the strongest. You have become the victim of shaitaan and your nafs (desires). You need to fight them, and realise that good deeds don't just happen, you have to make an effort for it the same way you make effort for everything else.
The sign of a true believer is that he feels grief when he disobeys allah, it makes him uncomfortable, he becomes restless and feels disgusted with himself. This discomfort is so great that he just cannot allow himself to be disobedient to allah. His life starts revolving around the fulfilment of allah's commands, nothing is dearer to him than obeying the command of allah and his Rasool Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam. When this happens a person has attained a very high level of imaan.

syed_z
07-07-2010, 10:53 AM
i force myself to pray 5 times a day because it is obligatory. the one to leaves the salah is a disbeliever.
Hope your doing fine brother.. :)

When i talked about Prayer, i never said LEAVE it.. what i was referring to was go slow... is it better that you start praying One Salaah or 2 Salaah everyday and then gradually move up one or 2 more and one day be able to pray 5 and never leave ... OR do you think is better that you try praying and forcing yourself to pray straight 5 times Salaah everyday... and NOT be able to succeed for a very long time ... ? choice is yours bro...

btw could you please provide me Explain me from QUran and Sunnah.... as to How does a Person who is not able to perform 5 times Salaah... and is TRYING his/her best to keep 5 times, becomes a Disbeliever (A kafir ) ??

Leaving Salaah as in to have intention to Leave Salaah for good is different... and leaving Salaah like not be able to pray 5 times, but a person tries to adapt to 5 times and struggles every day and/or has intention and/or pray 2 or 1 or 3 at times... are 2 TOTALLY opposite things bro.... the latter does NOT make one a disbeliever!

Even if a Muslim who does NOT pray 5 times, is still a Muslim... he is Siner (Gunahgaar) BUT he is NOT a disbeliever... a kafir.. because he Believes in One Allah, One Rasool (saw), Kabah is where he turns to, he believes in everything but does NOT do Salaah.... is NOT a Kafir... just trying to clear it for you because many of us are influnced by Fatwas which have made Islam difficult for us...

Iman in the heart takes place slowly and not by increasing the amount of rituals..

cuezed
07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Hope your doing fine brother.. :)

When i talked about Prayer, i never said LEAVE it.. what i was referring to was go slow... is it better that you start praying One Salaah or 2 Salaah everyday and then gradually move up one or 2 more and one day be able to pray 5 and never leave ... OR do you think is better that you try praying and forcing yourself to pray straight 5 times Salaah everyday... and NOT be able to succeed for a very long time ... ? choice is yours bro...
i've been praying the 5 daily prayers since 2001 alhamdulillah. now that my imaan feels weak, i can't start to pray any less. i gotta keep strong. read quran and hadith to remind me about Allah and His Jannah, etc. i appreciate your guidance. i accept your method is necessary for those who don't pray or pray very little to start off slowly. for example pray 1 a day, then 2, then 3 etc.

btw could you please provide me Explain me from QUran and Sunnah.... as to How does a Person who is not able to perform 5 times Salaah... and is TRYING his/her best to keep 5 times, becomes a Disbeliever (A kafir ) ??

Leaving Salaah as in to have intention to Leave Salaah for good is different... and leaving Salaah like not be able to pray 5 times, but a person tries to adapt to 5 times and struggles every day and/or has intention and/or pray 2 or 1 or 3 at times... are 2 TOTALLY opposite things bro.... the latter does NOT make one a disbeliever!

Even if a Muslim who does NOT pray 5 times, is still a Muslim... he is Siner (Gunahgaar) BUT he is NOT a disbeliever... a kafir.. because he Believes in One Allah, One Rasool (saw), Kabah is where he turns to, he believes in everything but does NOT do Salaah.... is NOT a Kafir... just trying to clear it for you because many of us are influnced by Fatwas which have made Islam difficult for us...

Iman in the heart takes place slowly and not by increasing the amount of rituals..
i believe that abandoning the salah is kufr, because of the following hadiths:

Jabir bin Abdullah says: I heard the Messenger of Allah (SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) saying this: The difference between a man (Muslim) and shirk and kufr is the abandoning of salaah.
(Sahih Muslim: Kitab ul Iman: Book 001, Number 0147)

Prophet Muhammad (SallAllah-u-Alaihi-wa-Sallam) said: The difference between us and them (Kuffar/Non-Muslims) is that of salaah so whoever abandons salaah certainly commits kufr.
(Tirmidhi, kitab ul Iman, Declared Sahih by Imam Tirmidhi, Imam Nasai and Allama Iraqi, Minhaaj ul Muslimeen pg.80)

glo
07-10-2010, 04:11 PM
It sounds like you are still strong in faith and in discipline, cuezed - and certainly determined!
Can you describe a bit more clearly what 'imaan' really means to you?

I think it is very natural for faith to sometimes increase and decrease during our lives. Sometimes it depends what else is going on in our lives at the time.

I am sure that God sees and knows your struggles, and that he appreciates the effort you are making.

I hope your faith continues to grow.

FS123
07-10-2010, 04:52 PM
i've been praying the 5 daily prayers since 2001 alhamdulillah. now that my imaan feels weak, i can't start to pray any less. i gotta keep strong. read quran and hadith to remind me about Allah and His Jannah, etc. i appreciate your guidance. i accept your method is necessary for those who don't pray or pray very little to start off slowly. for example pray 1 a day, then 2, then 3 etc.
Ups and downs are part of life, just work on it and you won't miss prayers. Salat is gift from God just remember that and keep working on making it a routine to pray salat.

Snowflake
07-10-2010, 05:01 PM
:sl:

I agree with the others. Your imaan is there al hamdulillah. Sometimes, the heart feels dead, and at times like that the best thing to do is ask Allah to help you. Allah is especially merciful to the believers. When I go through a low phase, I talk to Allah a lot. I talk to him with a 100% conviction that He knows what I'm going through and that I am only asking Him to help. I tell Allah that. I tell Him that even though my imaan is weak, I am turning to no one but Him and I love and worship Him alone. Of course I know Allah already knows. But Allah loves His servants to ask Him for their needs. Do it inshaAllah and see. Ask Allah openly to help you with xyz, and tell him how you feel, and how you hate it and want to better for His sake. The most important thing is that you want to be stronger in your deen for the pleasure of Allah. As long as that is the case, Allah will help you. Apart from tahajjud, include making dhikr in seclusion during the night sometimes. Nothing pushes out the duniya from the heart than the voluntary rememberance of Allah. Spend a few hours alone with your Creator, praising and worshipping Him and you will emerge with your heart and soul feeling like they have been washed of all the filth of this duniya.

Give sadqa, zakaah, and keep your tongue engaged with dikhrullah - subhanAllahi wa bihamdihi subhanAllahil adheem is loved by Allah subhana wa ta 'ala and inshaAllah this tasbeeh alone will weigh heavily on the scales on the Day of Resurrection.

:wa:

Muslom
07-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Bism Allah AlRahman AlRaheem,
May Allah Ta’Ala help you and pave you an easy path out.
As for your situation, you’re not alone and you’re not the only one. But, let me tell you something important, change is a normal part in the world that Allah created. You can’t expect to have your spirituality highly uplifted all the time, as well as you cant expect to be healthy all the time and financially wealthy; thus we can conclude that change, is a normal form in our lives. There was a blessed companion who asked the prophet Muhammad about an issue regarding the similar situation of Imaan that you bought up into discussion; the Prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him replied that if we were to be high in Imaan the whole time, Angels would have saluted us in the pathways and that it’s a normal part of a believer to have ups and downs in Imaan.

The second point I want to make very clear is that Allah Subhana’h wa Ta’ala’ had said in His Noble Book:
In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful,
‘Alif Lam Meem.
. Do people think that they will be left alone on saying, we believe, and they will not be tried?
. Certainly We have tried those before them, and surely Allah knows those who are true, and He knows the liars.’’
Verses1 to 3 from
Surat al­'Ankabut ­ , The Spider

From this you can anaylise that trials are decreed upon every soul, weather it be a believer or a hypocrite. The geniune of these tests is to proof the strenghth and validity of your faith. For instance, take a car as an example, when its been constructed it goes through a test to see wheather its as it might seem or not, a truly strong car would manage to stay still throughout the strong test, but a weak car would devastate in the sudden; an such is a poor, I admit, parable of a believer and a hypocrite when they are put into trial by Allah; a believer manages to suceed and the hypocrite , who only shows off iman for worldly gains and to be praised by others , will undoubtly crash and devastate. When you read in the Noble Qura’n you will come through Verses in the Qura’n that tell us how the believers , although they feel very shooken, still have that faith in them when they are put in a test, and the contrasts of the hypocrites who mock the believers and mock Islam and everything that has to do with it at times of trial, and like they say; the true intentions of a person spill out when they are afflicted. Ponder on this Authentic Hadeeth in where the Prophet Muhammad excellently describes this all:

Allah's Apostle said, "The example of a believer is that of a fresh tender plant; from whatever direction the wind comes, it bends it, but when the wind becomes quiet, it becomes straight again. Similarly, a believer is afflicted with calamities (but he remains patient till Allah removes his difficulties.) And an impious wicked person is like a pine tree which keeps hard and straight till Allah cuts (breaks) it down when He wishes." (See Hadith No. 558, Vol. 9.)

The other point is that , yes its hard what you’re going through ( it wouldn’t be called a trial otherwise) , especially at the beginning, because I’ve also been there, as well as other Muslims here, but believe me that when you seek help and support from Allah in your everyday life, Allah will never ever let you down, and through time you’ll get used to it. Not only that, you will actually apreciate that Allah gave you the opportunity to do this greater Jihad, as called by the Prophet, and that is Jihad Al’ Nafs. Because through time you will feel pleasure by this striving and it will help you Insha’Allah attain piety because you will feel as though every sin is counted against you and may be this will improve your relationship with your relatives , family and particualrly you r wife who , from the notion of your tone, you seem to sometimes get harsh on her. You will come to relise that the more sins you do, the more your Iman will feel down because your iman is in your heart and sins stain the heart and iman cant stay on a sinful stained heart. The same way, the more you do acts of worship, charity work( do a lot of it), extra fasting, volunteering, and even housework, even the meal you put in your wifes mouth, whatever good deed it is ,ask Allah the Most Generouse to allow you to take part in it and make it easy for you to do the good deeds and abstain from evil deeds and more importantly ask Him for support and that He makes all your deeds intended for His pleasure, indeed He is Merciful Lord to his slaves. * Don’t forget that the most Duaa the Prophet used to supplicate is:

اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلوبنا

“O Allah, the Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Thine obedience.”
That’s because he informed us that :
“Verily, the hearts of all the sons of Adam are between the two fingers out of the fingers of the Compassionate Lord as one heart. He turns that to any (direction) He desires.”

The last point is, and please pay attention to it, is that it may be that there is perhaps a chance that you are undergoing a side effect of some magic work or black magic. Please don’t under estimate it because, personally I know a very young relative who had black magic on her and some of the side effects she expiremented is what you could call low Iman, and that has to do with evil possession of Jinn. So beware especially of persons who are known for their evil or envy- and take note that some people hide their hostility. For further details on this I advice you to check out this urgent article that I’ve posted called on the general section of the forum, its written in Arabic.

Another very important advice I conclude this post with is for you to be careful and make sure to stick with the good believers in congregation because shaytan will find it hard to stray a group rather than an individual, and remember this Hadeeth:

Narrated AbudDarda':
I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If there are three men in a village or in the desert among whom prayer is not offered (in congregation), the devil has got the mastery over them. So observe (prayer) in congregation), for the wolf eats only the straggling animal. Sa'ib said: By the word Jama'ah he meant saying prayer in company or in congregation.
May Allah The Most Merciful The Most Glorious protect us and all the muslims in the world and make for them an easy path to Jannah and make us take part in every good deed and abstain from every bad deed. Ameen Ya Rab Ala’lameen.
Fe Aman Allah

Muslom
07-11-2010, 09:01 PM
تأمل مع حديث المصطفى صلوات الله وسلامه عليه (( مثل الذي يذكر ربه والذي لا يذكره مثل الحي والميت ))مشتمله فوائد الذكر

{الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُمْ بِذِكْرِ اللهِ أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ}.

ان القلوب تصدأ كما يصدأ الحديد وطلاء القلوب ذكر الله -
داوم علي تلاوة القران الكريم واسال الله الكريم ان يعينك علي الحفاظ علي ورد يومي وان ييسر لنا جميعا ذالك وان يجعل القران العظيم ربيع قلوبنا وشفاء لما في صدورنا و ضياء ابصارنا وجلاء همومنا وغمومنا

احيانا قد نكون غافلين عن العوامل والمسببات لضعف الايمان
انتبه من الوقوع في اثام ومثقلات القلوب من الذنوب فقد يكون السبب الغيبة والنميمة واستحقار الناس اوتوجيه الاساءت للناس خاصة الذين وصانا الله ان نعاملهم بلحسني وذالك يتضمن الوالدين وذى القربي والجيران واليتاما والمساكين,, وتذكر وعظ نبينا الكريم:
اتق دعوة المظلوم فان ليس بينها وبين الله حجاب
فاحذر الظلم كافه ولا تظلِم نفس مسلمة او غير ذالك
ولا تظلِم روح انسان او دون ذالك
ولا تقرب الظلم او نحو ذالك

انصح نفسي قبلكم فانا اولى بذالك
ونستعين بالله في اصلاح الامور كلها وان يوفقنا لما يحب ويرضي فانه وليٌ ذالك

دمتم في رعاية الله

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!