/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

samsam
07-07-2010, 12:47 PM
:wa:
I do not know whether this is in the right section however my problem is that i would love to go into medicine. I know about how hard it is , everyone has already rammed that into me :exhausted. I know about the requirements at A-levels , conversely i do not know that much about GCSE,s. I am told i need A,s and A*,s at GCSE , which i have not got . i have A,s and B,s , would you recommend i resit my GCSE,s for a year ? I am willing to do whatever it takes.

Jazakallah khair for your help :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-07-2010, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samsam
I do not know whether this is in the right section however my problem is that i would love to go into medicine. I know about how hard it is , everyone has already rammed that into me :exhausted. I know about the requirements at A-levels , conversely i do not know that much about GCSE,s. I am told i need A,s and A*,s at GCSE , which i have not got . i have A,s and B,s , would you recommend i resit my GCSE,s for a year ? I am willing to do whatever it takes.

Jazakallah khair for your help :statisfie
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, jazkallahu khayran for your question. My sister a lot of us have aspirations to get into certain careers particularly in medicine but it is not destined for all of us. We don't always get what we want in life and that is because it is not best for us or Allah has something better for us according to our capabilities and situation in life.

So therefore sister i think it is best that you do Isthikhara a few times especially at tajajjud time or after Isha and ask of Allah that is this best for you to get into or not and whatever is best for you will happen inshallah and if you do end up getting into medicine then know it was good for you and if you don't then know that it was'nt so if it was'nt then look into other careers by speaking to your careers advisor and doing some research. Get into a career that will benefit mankind and earn the pleasure of Allah and ask of Allah to give a career like this.

and Allah knows best in all matters.

samsam
07-07-2010, 10:35 PM
Brother , out of all the advice i have been given this is absolutly the best . Jazakallah khair , i am very thankfull , like really . If it does happen so be it , and if does not happen i will carry on inshallah .
Again Jazakallah khair Brother :statisfie

tango92
07-08-2010, 01:47 PM
i dont think most unis will worry about your gcse's only ur A levels.

the one piece of advice i can give you is only pursue this career if you absolutely love it and if you have very good communicaion skills and if your a likeable person. at interview they will pick up on these things, very very often i hear stories of kids going into interview with exactly the same results (if not some higher than others) and the more passionate one gets in.

so basically getting an interview is the easy bit, once your sat in the chair they will test you in difficult ways. you need loads of work experience, good references, voluntary work. you should have alot of knowledge of current and past medical happenings. eg new drugs, new treatments. so get started now, theres no other way.

finally, be realistic about where to apply. talk to some doctors and get mock interviews, if they think you have an aptitude for medicine then apply. if not i would strongly recommend considering other subjects.

May Allah swt be with you sis.

oh and make sure you include Chemistry and Biology in your a2's

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
07-08-2010, 02:16 PM
it is easy if your willing for the hard work. i have heard of people dropping out or either having to repeat a year, its a long road. i believe a person really have to have a passion to go after something.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!