/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marrying From A Foreign Culture . ,,

Zaynab
07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Asslamu alikum brothers and sisters ..

I've started this thread because i want to know your thoughts and your opinions about this issue ..

People from one culture usually marry people from that same culture, with some exceptions though. I guess that a sense of a shared culture and a sense of identity is what makes people marry each other, and because of their close proximity to one another. However, there isn't anything really foreign or exotic about such a circumstance, you basically understand your partner to a very sensible degree because you share the same cultural/ethnic background.

However, if you married someone from a different culture, you would have something more interesting to talk about and share with your partner, things wouldn't probably nearly that monotonous. You could learn about a different culture entirely. Maybe it is just my thoughts .

I believe that there's nothing wrong if you found someone good to marry whether he/she is from a different culture and i believe that Islam doesn't forbid anybody to marry whom he/she wants to marry as longs as this person is good and religious ..

So , what do you think about marrying a person from a foreign culture ? do you agree with this marriage ? do you think this marriage works in many cases ?

Thanks .

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flower1111
07-09-2010, 06:58 PM
Asalam Alaikum
Yes i absolutely believe it can work. No problem as long both are muslims its fine and allowed. Sometimes it can happen though that u miss to talk to ur husband for example who is frm other culture and nationalty, to speak to him in ur own language etc, which makes u feel most comfortable. But this is such a minimal thing that it doesn make any difference. I myself inshaAllah if Allah wants , will marry smone frm total other culture but he is muslim.
Wa Salam

Rhubarb Tart
07-09-2010, 10:39 PM
But would either of your parents let you...

I find people on the internet say “yes” they would marry someone outside their race to be politically correct, this hardly reflect reality or their families view tho...

My parents would not mind, as I am a product of interracial marriage. They do have particular dislike toward Arab men or Arab culture I think.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!