/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Day & the Soul

Scorpian
07-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey IB
On Judgement day, as Insaan Insane said in my previous and i saw in my book, the soul is meant to go back in the body.I can`t see how this`ll work, i mean how can a dead person/skeleton, rise from there graves and talk to allah in the next life?
I`m confused,please help.Also i read in my book the bad soul, is left in the grave.How odes this work i mean no offense but it sounds kinda out of this world i mean there`ll be no room for the soul to move and if it is in the body it`ll just die.

Please enlighten me thanks.:nervous:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
07-10-2010, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scorpian
Hey IB
On Judgement day, as Insaan Insane said in my previous and i saw in my book, the soul is meant to go back in the body.I can`t see how this`ll work, i mean how can a dead person/skeleton, rise from there graves and talk to allah in the next life?
I`m confused,please help.Also i read in my book the bad soul, is left in the grave.How odes this work i mean no offense but it sounds kinda out of this world i mean there`ll be no room for the soul to move and if it is in the body it`ll just die.

Please enlighten me thanks.:nervous:
Firstly, as you've already read a little about Islam, you will know that Allah, our Lord, is our Creator. He created us, when we were nothing, and we became human beings. He created the whole world.

"Does man not remember that We created him before, while he was nothing?" (Qur'an 19:67)

Your question is not a new one. I wander if you've read these verses in the Qur'an?

"And they used to say, "What! when we die and become dust and bones, shall we then indeed be raised up again?" (56:47)

"'When we die and become dust and bones, shall we indeed receive rewards and punishments?'" (37:53)

If Allah created you when you were absolutely nothing, you didn't even exist, and you became a human being, talking and walking on the earth, and if He will cause you to die, do you think that He can't bring us back to life again? Indeed bringing us back to life the second time should be easier as the dust and bones will already be there.

Allah will reform our bodies on the Day of Judgement, put the soul back into it that was extracted at death, and judgement will begin.

As to being in the grave or not, you have to realise that Allah can make whatever happens in graves that He wishes, He can expand them and turn them into mini paradises for good people, or contract them into tight little hell-holes for bad people.

If you believe there's a God, you have to believe that He's fair and just, right?

Supposing someone's been good all their life, helping the poor etc, and another person is a hardened criminal, who remained uncaught. Do you think its fair that after their death they both go to the same place or disappear into nothingness. Is that fair?

As an example, if Hitler killed 6 million Jews, and if he was caught, what's the worst they could have done? Put him to death in the same gas chambers? But that will be punishment for the killing of only one Jew. What about the other, 5999,999? What kind of justice is that? That's not just. Only Allah is Just and Fair. If Allah wishes, He can incinerate Hitler 6 million times in the hereafter in the hell-fire:

"As often as their skins are roasted through, we shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty - for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise." (4:56)

And as for good people, no one can truly reward them on this earth. In paradise Allah will reward them with delights that our minds in this world can't comprehend, and that we can't even begin to picture in our minds.

And Allah has promised us that nobody shall be dealt with unjustly, not even of the measure of the tiny spot on a date stone.

Hope that makes it a little bit clearer.

Peace.

Scorpian
07-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the reply Isane insaan.Funny enough u should mention those quotes cause i read them about an hour ago lol.
I still can`t see how this can happen though,don`t get me wrong i do belive in allah and he can make whatever happen,but putting a soul back into a body i dunno,cause i mean the soul is suppose to be like alive on the overside ain`t it? and if it ain`t what does it look like?
No disrespect to the Quran but until someone convinces me otherwise i`m gonna stick to my view of life after death.
Thanks for the help and any other posts welcome.

Insaanah
07-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Isane insaan.Funny enough u should mention those quotes cause i read them about an hour ago lol.
I still can`t see how this can happen though,don`t get me wrong i do belive in allah and he can make whatever happen,but putting a soul back into a body i dunno,cause i mean the soul is suppose to be like alive on the overside ain`t it? and if it ain`t what does it look like?
No disrespect to the Quran but until someone convinces me otherwise i`m gonna stick to my view of life after death.
I hope you don't mind my pointing this out, but you've contradicted yourself with what you said that I've highlighted in bold.

As I've said in a few of my posts, if He can put the soul into us the first time, and if He can remove it, then certainly He can put it back in again.

That makes perfect sense to me, but if it isn't making sense to you, then maybe I'm not doing a good job of explaining things to you, hopefully others will be able to explain it a bit better.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
07-11-2010, 05:00 PM
logically, creating the universe with everything in it including life is (much much much much)^infinity more difficult than putting back soul into body, and yet Allah SWT did it with "kun fayakun"

Unless you don't believe Allah SWT created the universe, it is very strange how you cannot think that Allah SWT is able to put the soul into the body, both of which He created.

Caller الداعي
07-11-2010, 05:47 PM
i think through modern technology we are starting to understand these ideas more easily.
especially nowadays where we have mapped out the whole of the DNA and can regenerate dead tissues and make them grow back.
i mean if cloning was mentioned a few hundred years ago, what would the publics reaction have be?
similar the soul is something we dont have full understanding about and thus need to be more open minded.

syed_z
07-12-2010, 09:56 PM

(39:42) It is Allah Who takes away the souls (Nafs) of people at the hour of their death, and takes away at the time of sleep the souls of those that have not died. Then He retains the souls of those against whom He had decreed death and returns the souls of others till an appointed time. Surely there are Signs in this for a people who reflect.

That is why i am sure we all have heard the saying... Sleep is the Brother of Death...

When death we go in to the Unconscious state for good, permanent but when we sleep we go in to such state temporarily... and so in order for us to exactly know what is the Soul ? Or what is Soul made of or what is its nature ? ... unless we do not experience the actual phenomena we cannot know with certainty.....

...such Spiritual truths cannot be observed through the Physical Senses or through external observation.... and therefore there is much about the Soul and our actual reality, which is not physical as it dies as time passes... so there is much which cannot be known unless we actually experience it....

and so Muhammad (Saw) said "Every Son of Adam will decay and eaten by the Dust, except for his root. with this he was created and with this he will be recomposed." (Hadith)

So it is our root , which is our Nafs (soul) which is connected to higher realities, is why when we lay asleep we walk in to those dimensions of our soul connected to higher existence and higher realities....and we see dreams and different states of our Soul... good or bad dreams etc but thats another topic... just for you to understand better... read this Verse...

(7:172) And recall when your Lord brought forth descendants from the loins of the sons of Adam, and made them witnesses against their ownselves. asking them: 'Am I not your Lord?' They said: 'Yes, we do testify.' We did so lest you claim on the Day of Resurrection: 'We were unaware of this.'

It is the first state of our existence, which was beyond physical in the Spiritual world, which took place, where our actual Self (Soul, Nafs) accepted that Allah (Swt) is One and we all believed in Him... that is why every born person in a Hindu House, Christian House, Budhist family.... is born of pure Nature, he is born sinless and every child is born Sinless and is Muslim by Nature i.e Muslim is the One who Submits his/her will to Al Mighty and attains peace.....

Muhammad (Saw) said..."Every person is born of natural disposition , it is their parents, who turn them in to a Jew Christian or Magian." (Bukhari and Muslim)

so every soul recognizes their Lord Al Mighty God, but since they are brought up in a an environment, contrary to their Souls acceptance, they are made to believe the views of their parents, family, etc...

...so basically it is that existence in the Spiritual world which had taken place and God took a covenant from them - the taking of the covenant was to allow them to later recognize what had been woven in to their nature, and it is this covenant which helps us recognize our Lord whenever Prophets came with the Message of God or whenever people received the Message of Allah (Swt) through His subtle means.... just like how your recieving almost every day :)

So... the root is still connected at the Higher existence and it is that permanent existence, which makes us travel in to a different/spiritual world when we are unconscious, during sleep or when we die... and even though our bodies are dead, and turn in to dust, because of our Actual Existence beyond material world, we still exist and it is through that same connection we arrive back , when its time to be resurrected.... hope you understand....

The only way to understand is by understanding from Quran and Hadith and some experience we have while we enter another world at the time of dreaming.... however to know exactly, there is no way unless you die and go and find out... it cannot be understood in words, as these are all metaphysical truths ...

:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!