/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Expressing arguments on non-Muslims

Samiun
07-10-2010, 12:50 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters,
Has any non-muslim bother you before? Because of your ways of praying or maybe how you treat the opposite gender differently?

I live in a multi-racial country and have many races and religion mixed together. We have Christians, Catholic, Buddhists, Islam, Malay, Chinese, Indian, Ibans and so on so forth. Mostly the Muslims are Malays so sometimes they're culture would mix up with Islam. Moreover, every time one of these races has they're annual tradition ceremony or rather celebration they would visit each other and sometimes join them(usually in open-houses) to "strengthen their ties with other races" which I find a little distressing(Shouldn't we be peace with them but not so close to them until we bring ourselves to their celebration?) I'm no scholar but aren't we sinning by doing this? I'm a little confused.

Anyways, I am trying to start giving dakwah to my friends at school but without hurting them or getting kicked out of the school(I'm studying in a catholic school). I remembered when I started giving to this friend of mine and I said his 'gods' are not real and etc. In the end, he starts ignoring me then starts telling people how I disrespect or discriminate his religion. Finally, I start to apologize to him about the mess I cause and said that it was 'okay' to worship other gods(Subhanallah, I was still naive during that time. I think I commited shirk). In conclusion, I want to listen to an opinion from any brother/sister about how to give dakwah in the non-muslim school and argue(refute) with the Atheists and Christians who thinks Islam is the 'wrong' way of life.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
07-10-2010, 01:03 AM
Lead by example. If they're interested they'll ask you questions. No need to pick faults or cause trouble.

Rhubarb Tart
07-10-2010, 01:20 AM
If they ask questions and you are not capable of answering the question in polite manner. then take them to your local iman or scholar or someone who is more knowledgeable then you that knows how to deal with them.

Trumble
07-10-2010, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
In conclusion, I want to listen to an opinion from any brother/sister about how to give dakwah in the non-muslim school and argue(refute) with the Atheists and Christians who thinks Islam is the 'wrong' way of life.
If you'll listen to a little advise from a non-muslim, I'd concentrate on argument and not 'refutation'! The latter is only possible from your perspective, not theirs, and trust me there is nothing that turns people off talking about other religions quicker.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-10-2010, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel

I remembered when I started giving to this friend of mine and I said his 'gods' are not real and etc. In the end, he starts ignoring me then starts telling people how I disrespect or discriminate his religion.
:sl:

You have learned from experience. Now you must learn from Qur'an.

"And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair seeming to each people its own doing; then to their lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do"
(Qur'an. Al-An'am 108)

Remember, do not ever insult other religions again.

Samiun
07-11-2010, 01:33 AM
:sl:
Lead by example. If they're interested they'll ask you questions. No need to pick faults or cause trouble
I'll try to, thanks.

If they ask questions and you are not capable of answering the question in polite manner. then take them to your local iman or scholar or someone who is more knowledgeable then you that knows how to deal with them.
I don't know any local imams yet and I've never come across a scholar here. Inshallah, I'll try to find one

You have learned from experience. Now you must learn from Qur'an.

"And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair seeming to each people its own doing; then to their lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do"
(Qur'an. Al-An'am 108)

Remember, do not ever insult other religions again.
Well said brother, I am not going to now. But it just bothers me when the non-muslims say Islam is a wrong way of life and start putting subliminal messages when I'm having a little chat with them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!