/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Simple grammar rules

jayrag123
07-10-2010, 02:26 AM
In order to speak any language you need to know a few things about the language in order to speak and read and write it.
But you don't need to get overwhelmed with grammar........all you need is a few basic concepts.

In the arabic alphabet you need to learn about the letter "ayn' and "hamza".
And you also need to learn how to form sentences in written classical/fuSHa arabic.
And in spoken dialect arabic you have less gramatical rules but they do have a few.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
jayrag123
07-10-2010, 02:58 AM
One basic rule is for 'the' or "al".
"al" is used a lot in arabic.
you have "al shamsiyya" the sun letters and "al Qamariyya" the moon letters.

sun letters you drop the lam in "al", and you double the constanant. so a word like "al shams " is pronounced as "ash shams".

jayrag123
07-10-2010, 04:43 PM
You reallly dont need to much grammar to speak Arabic. Arabic grammar was created mainly to ensure the accuracy of the Qur'an.
You only need a lot of grammar to read and write and study the Qur'an and other written materials.

I mainly focus on the Alphabets ......read, write and pronoune the letters as accurately as possible.
I also try to build up my vocabulary with as many new words as possible.

jayrag123
07-11-2010, 02:46 AM
In Arabic nouns are masculine or feminine. Most words that end with a constanat are masculine and the nouns that end with an "a" sound are feminine.

example for masculine = bayt - house kiTaab - book

example feminine = sayarra - car madrassa - school

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jayrag123
07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
arabic has an alphabet consisting of 28 letters. most words are made of 3 or 4 constanants, which is considered the root of the word.

jayrag123
07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Arabic is no harder to learn than any other language. what makes arabic seem diddicult is the writing and reading in arabic script. But the vocal part of arabic isn't difficult.

I first tried teaching and learning arabic from written materials but as I found out you need to really become good at reading alphabets.
Now I mainly learn arabic from cds and mp3 downloads. I recommend .........arabicpod,,,, good site for MSA and shams dialect arabic.
I also use pimseleur east arabic course which is shams and lebantine dialect on cds, but its expensive.

best way to learn arabic for me is to learn words and alphabet, don't worry about grammar for now.

jayrag123
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM
ibboard wont allow me to post any links to the sites I use to study arabic.

jayrag123
07-29-2010, 02:05 AM
who needs grammar all you need is to build up your vocabulary and learn the alphabet

marwen
07-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Jazaka Allahu khayran Brother for this beneficial thread.

أحمد
07-30-2010, 02:03 PM
:sl:

You need grammar to know and understand any language correctly.

Grammar is the set of logical structural protocols to any system of language; be it human spoken language, computer machine code, or any other form of intelligible medium.

By using a language; by default you pick up on certain aspects of its grammar. In any case; academic or informal study, you'll always come across learning a language through its usage. This method by no means cancel's out grammar. On the contrary, it uses grammar to increase knowledge of grammar.

Arabic reading and writing is simple; the only complication is the method applied by many teachers, which turns out to be less effective. The blame is on the lack of teacher training provided; this is especially the case in the west. Top universities in the middle east, and top western universities do quite well in Arabic studies. The problem lies in many schools and colleges, which fail to teach the basics.

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
This Thread is very useful Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing your information

Muslim Woman
07-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Salaam Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by jayrag123
ibboard wont allow me to post any links to the sites I use to study arabic.
why ??

Thanks for trying to teach Arabic grammer , I need to learn ; wish I had enough patience and intelligence :(

أحمد
07-30-2010, 04:06 PM

You don't need much to get started; just one grammar dictionary, QAF Basic Quranic Arabic (By Dr. Ibrahim Surty) and basic knowledge of reading. If you need to learn reading first; learn the alphabet, learn about letters, sounds and basic properties. Now you're ready to get started!

If you need a teacher; there's a few here.

~Raindrop~
07-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Am I the only one that really enjoys Arabic grammar because I think it's like a puzzle? All the words have a specific purpose, and they have to slot into the sentence, for it to make sense. :statisfie

أحمد
07-30-2010, 05:09 PM

Arabic grammar's more like a garden full of a variety of fruit trees; each has its roots (3, 4, 5, 6 is rare). Streams flow to different parts of the garden, through its soil; watering every plant in their way, then join into flowing rivers. The whole structure from letters, vocabulary and sentences comes together to form two forms of grammar, the flowing water of nahw نحو and the deep rooted trees of sarf صرف.

~Raindrop~
07-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Wow. That's an amazing example!

نشيج الروح
08-29-2010, 05:06 PM
بارك الله فيك ... شرح بسيط ورائع

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!