/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hazrath Uways Al-Qarni (Radiallahu Anhu)

syed_z
07-11-2010, 03:42 PM

Asalaam o Alaikum... this is Story of Hazrat Owais Al Qarni (r.a0 who is included as one of the Companions of Muhammad (Saw)... he never met Muhammad (saw) but because of his pious nature and character Muhammad (saw) blessed him and prayed for him and foretold to his Companions in Madinah that a man named Owais would join them one day after his (Prophets) death....

also please search on Google his story is famous and very different from many people who accepted Islam at the time of Muhammad (Saw).... my purpose of posting this story is because there are many threads on this Board which say it is okay to say whatever one wants to their Parents, reply back, "its your right" etc... and so this story is a good one for them to learn a lesson... as to how important parents are, specially MOTHERS..and it also gives us the lesson that only those people are pious and true worshipers who are Humble and not rebellious with the people around them, specially their parents which also becomes a cause for them to earn Allah's proximity...

Hazrath Uways Al-Qarni (Radiallahu Anhu) And His Mother.

The great Saint Uways of Qaran! Was presented the blessed cloak of Rasulullah (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam) on the Holy Prophet (salla' llaahu'alaihi wa sallam)'s instruction. It is preserved in Istanbul, Turkey. He reached his Spiritual status due to obedience to his mother.

Uways (Radiallahu anhu) was from the village of Qaran, in Yemen. He had asked his mother's permission to visit Allah's Messenger, and she said: "You have my permission to go, see him once, and come straight back. If the Messenger is at home, you may meet with him; if not, come straight back here." Uways made a journey of three months on foot, from the Yemen to Madinah the Illuminated. When he reached Rasulullah (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam) 's house, he knocked on the door and Hazrath Aisha (Radiallahu anha), wife of the Chosen Prophet and Mother of the Believers opened the door. She told him that Rasulullah (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam) was in the Masjid.

Uways (Radiallahu anhu) remembered his promise to his mother and replied: "Please convey my salaams to my Beloved Rasulullah (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam). Kindly inform him that Uways came from the Yemen, did not find him at home, and is returning to the Yemen, since he does not have permission from his mother to meet him in the mosque."

When the Rasul (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam) came home from the mosque, he found the radiance of Uways in his house. Hazrath Aisha (Radiallahu anha) told him what had happened, and conveyed Uways's salutations. His blessed eyes looked towards Yemen and the blessed Prophet said: "The fragrance of our friend is reaching us." The noble Companions asked: "If Uways is your friend, why did he not stay to see you?" Rasulullah (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam) replied: "He complied with a promise given to his mother and he is serving her."
The Holy Prophet (salla' llaahu'alaihi wa sallam) said "Uways will come back to Madinah the Illuminated, to meet me, but we will not meet physically, for I shall then be united with my Lord "

Rasulullah (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam) said that when Uways (Radiallahu anhu) came back to Madinah he was to be given his cloak, and asked to pray for the Community of Muhammad (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam). He also mentioned that a light was visible on one of Uways's hands.

During Hazrath Umar (Radiallahu anhu) 's Caliphate, a number of Yemeni's visited Madinah the Illuminated and Hazrath Ali and Umar (Radiallahu anhu ajmain) approached them and enquired about the Saint, Uways (Radiallahu anhu), from the village of Qaran. The Yemenis said they knew of no such saint, but they did point out that a camel herd from that village, who seldom mixed with other people, preferring to spend his time in worship, alone among the camels. Hazrath Ali and Umar (Radiallahu anhu ajmain) then approached Hazrath Uways (Radiallahu anhu), greeted him, conveyed the greetings of the Messenger, and presented him with his blessed cloak. But he was reluctant to accept. "Surely there is some mistake!" he exclaimed, in his desire to hide himself. Seeing the light upon his hand, however, they cried: "You are the saint described to us by Allah's Messenger, for he told us about the light on your hand." They also reported to him the wish of the blessed Messenger that he should pray for the Community of Muhammad.

Hazrath Uways (Radiallahu anhu) rubbed the blessed cloak over his face and eyes and kissed it. Then he asked to be left alone. When he was alone he held the cloak and began to pray: "0 Allah this cloak is the cloak of Your beloved Messenger. He has presented it to me, but I refuse to wear it unless You pardon the Community of Muhammad (Salla'llahu'alaihi wa sallam) ." He then repeated his prayer in exactly the same words. As he was about to repeat his prayer a third time, Hazrath Ali and Umar (Radiallahu anhu ajmain) came beside him. He cried: "Oh, you came too soon! Upon my first supplication, Allah granted me forgiveness for one third of the Community; on my second, He forgave two-thirds of the Community. In my third request I was pleading for pardon for the entire Community of Muhammad - then you came along!"

As with people in every age, the Yemenis were unaware of the presence in their midst of such a saint, whose prayers were accepted. They imagined him to be an ordinary camelherd. The Friends of Allah, do not seek fame, and as such hide themselves away from other people.

Those who serve their mothers with love will be resurrected with Hazrath Uways (Radiallahu anhu). Those who are good to their parents will be happy in this world and the Hereafter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!