/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salat Al Haja (Prayer of Need) ?

marwen
07-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Assalamu Alaycom !

Salat Al haja ? Is there something like that ?
If yes, how to make it ? I mean is there any difference between it and any nafil prayer ? and is there any specefic dua to say ? and Number of raka'at ?
And if possible, is there any hadeeth(or other source) mentioning salat Al haja ?

Jazakm Allahu Khayran in Advance.

PS : I like this smiley : :beard: lol

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Bismillah

Al-jawab billahi at-taufeeq (the answer with Allah's guidance)

Abullah ibn Abi Awfa (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Whoever has a need with Allah, or with any human being, then let them perform ritual ablutions well and then pray two Rakats. After that, let them praise Allah and send blessings on the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam). After this, let them say,

"La ilaha illallahul Halimul karim
Subhanallahi Rabbil Arshil Azim, Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin, Asaluka Mujibaati Rahmatika Wa Azaa'ima maghfiratika Wal Ghanimata Min Kulli Birrin, Was salamata Min Kulli Ithmin, La Tada' Li Zanmban Illa Ghafartahu, Wa la Hamman Illa Farrajtahu, Wa la hajatan hiya Laka Ridhan Illa Qadhaitaha, Ya Arhamar Rahimeen."

There there no god but Allah the Clement and Wise.
There is no god but Allah the High and Mighty.
Glory be to Allah, Lord of the Tremendous Throne.
All praise is to Allah, Lord of the worlds.
I ask you (O Allah) everything that leads to your mercy, and your tremendous forgiveness, enrichment in all good, and freedom from all sin.
Do not leave a sin of mine (O Allah), except that you forgive it, nor any concern except that you create for it an opening, nor any need in which there is your good pleasure except that you fulfill it, O Most Merciful!”

(Related by Tirmidhi and Ibn Maja. The Hadith has some weakness, but it is slight: such Hadiths are acted upon for virtuous deeds (fada’il al-a`mal) by general agreement of the scholars)

The prayer of need is very simple: It is essentially to raise one's need to Allah Most High, by performing ritual ablution (Wudu), praying 2 Rakats, and then making whole-hearted Dua to Allah. If one uses the abovementioned Prophetic supplication, or other similar supplications transmitted from the Beloved Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), it is best. (Al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya; Ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar)

The inward manners of supplication is exhibiting our neediness and absolute slavehood to Allah, consigning one's matters to Allah, and knowing that the only one who gives or benefits is Allah Most High. With this, one should be certain that Allah Most High answers our Duas, but in the way He knows is best for us.

When circumstances do not permit us to pray 2 Rakats, one should still turn to Allah in supplication, raising one’s needs to Him, for He answers our supplications and loves being asked.

Allah Ta'ala Says:

"When My worshipers ask you about Me, I am near. I answer the supplication of the suppliant when he calls to Me; therefore, let them respond to Me and let them believe in Me, in order that they will be righteous."

And Only Allah Ta'ala Knows Best.
Moulana Qamruz Zaman
London, UK

Source: http://www.muftisays.com/qa/question...l-haajat-.html

See also: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543884

marwen
07-15-2010, 11:44 AM
^ Baraka Allahu Fika Akhi AabiruSabeel wa Jazaka Khayra Al Jaza'a.

marwen
03-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Bump . . . . .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!