/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My husband dislikes my family.

anonymous
07-15-2010, 04:43 PM
He hates that my sister contacts me or that I contact her. Should I then stop contacting her? According to this qa a wife cannot even visit her sick father without husbands consent.
So what about the ties of kinship?

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10680...%20a%20husband

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
***deleted***

please get different opinion from another scholar inshallah

AhmadibnNasroon
07-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Actually this is incorrect

Once a woman gets married her obedience is to her husband and that precedes the obedience to her parents.

If her parents are sick she still needs permission from her husband to visit them.

As for the original poster, allaahu'3lam I do not know the answer to your question, perhaps speak with a shaykh/taalib'ul 3ilm

cat eyes
07-19-2010, 12:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmadibnNasroon
Actually this is incorrect

Once a woman gets married her obedience is to her husband and that precedes the obedience to her parents.

If her parents are sick she still needs permission from her husband to visit them.

As for the original poster, allaahu'3lam I do not know the answer to your question, perhaps speak with a shaykh/taalib'ul 3ilm
so if lets say a womans mother has cancer, she needs permission from her husband to see her?and if he does not allow it for what ever reason then what?

I thought a mother status is more important then islam then any one since jannah is at the feet of mother.

PLease show me evidence on this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
07-19-2010, 12:26 AM
If there's a reason he dislikes your sister, perhaps you could do something about it..

Asiyah3
07-19-2010, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
so if lets say a womans mother has cancer, she needs permission from her husband to see her?and if he does not allow it for what ever reason then what?

I thought a mother status is more important then islam then any one since jannah is at the feet of mother.

PLease show me evidence on this.
There is a difference of opinion among the scholars.

The Hanafis and Maalikis are of the view that he does not have the right to prevent her from visiting her parents.

The Shaafa’is and Hanbalis are of the view that he does have the right to prevent her, and she must obey him and not go out to visit them without his permission, but he does not have the right to prevent her from speaking to them or to prevent them visiting her, unless he fears that some harm may result from their visit, in which case he may prevent it so as to ward off harm.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/87834/

cat eyes
07-19-2010, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
There is a difference of opinion among the scholars.

The Hanafis and Maalikis are of the view that he does not have the right to prevent her from visiting her parents.

The Shaafa’is and Hanbalis are of the view that he does have the right to prevent her, and she must obey him and not go out to visit them without his permission, but he does not have the right to prevent her from speaking to them or to prevent them visiting her, unless he fears that some harm may result from their visit, in which case he may prevent it so as to ward off harm.

Source: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/87834/
yes so i was right there is difference of opinion on it i knew i heard it from somewhere. subhanAllah

JAZAKALLAH KHAYR SISTER

Muslim Woman
07-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Salaam sis,

why your husband does not like u to talk to ur sis ? Is there any specific reason ?

I know some women who spend too much time with sisters and other family members and spend money for them but ignore her husband's parents , other members etc. Does ur husband complain that you are neglicting ur duty towards him ?

Try to talk to him when he is in a good mood . In front of him , sometimes call his mom , sis and talk to them also . Then he will understnad u have a good relationship not only with ur own sis but with his family members , too.

May Allah makes hard matters easy for u , Ameen.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-19-2010, 01:59 AM
:sl:
i always encourage sisters to marry a noble person who doesn't feel unjust hatred and jealously towards her family.

i hope your situation eases sister but my sincere advice...well its best to stay quite. im not going to bother give excuses to these types of people.

anonymous
07-19-2010, 03:43 PM
Well he is just paranoid thats all. He generally hates all of my family and he thinks they will turn me against him. I have only recently started regular contact with my family members because i found out the importance of family in islam when i started practising fully. He is not practising so does not understand this. Like i said hes paranoid.
Plus his family are at war with my family in pakistan. Im trying to remain neutral with both sides.

Muslim Woman
07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
his family are at war with my family in pakistan. Im trying to remain neutral with both sides.

why the fighting ? Who is responsible for that ? Try to establish peace between 2 families .

So , there is a reason that ur husband does not want u to talk to ur family members and he is not a paranoid. Try to find a solution so that both ur family members calm down and don't fight over any issue. Also , try to convince ur husband that u are trying ur best to have a good relationship with members of both families. Still if he creates problem , then both of u go to a marriage councellor or Imam .

And Of Course keep praying and ask Allah to help u.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!