/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan

__follower
07-16-2010, 01:17 PM
as ramadan is near ,i just wanted to knwo what all the users here on this forum go on with their life.
do you work in ramadans especially those engaged in hard physical work , like construction or professionals in sports.
how do students manage to wake up in the early mornings,while going to schools ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
07-16-2010, 03:06 PM
I am really excited about ramdan I am Inshallah going to make this ramadan the best of all . Alhamdullilah, our school changes its timings as ramadan starts .Our school normally starts at 8:45 am and in ramadan 8:00 am after praying fajr we read Quran for almost half an hour and then go to our school.

S<Chowdhury
07-16-2010, 03:30 PM
^^^ Same Sister :) Can't wait for Ramadan best time of month out of the whole year. Back to the question unfortunately the school times don't change so you have to get up early in the morning and do late night Tarabi, i don't know about everyone else but i find Allah gives you the strength to do it and as long as you eat and drink plenty of fluid before you start your fast inshallah you'll be fine :)

M.B
07-16-2010, 06:57 PM
:sl:

8.00 is abit early ! inshallah i will be focusing on my quran for this month to make very strng inshallah for taraweeh inshallah i will try to make it my best ramadhan inshallah.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-16-2010, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=S<Chowdhury;1348656]^^^ Same Sister :) Can't wait for Ramadan best time of month out of the whole year. Back to the question unfortunately the school times don't change so you have to get up early in the morning and do late night Tarabi, QUOTE]

you mean Taraweeh

Asiyah3
07-16-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm also really excited for this Ramadan. I don't find waking up during Ramadan any different than at other times. I hope this Ramadan will go better than the previous ones insha'Allah.

p.s. As a reminder try to not to fill your stomaches at Iftaar.

~Raindrop~
07-16-2010, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**

p.s. As a reminder try to not to fill your stomaches at Iftaar.
Excellent advice, one which most of us sadly forget.
The only teeny thing about this month is that seeing as I was born on the 17th of Ramadhan, I know exactly what my real age is. Which happens to be a whole year older than if I went according to the Gregorian calender :ermm: On the other hand, I must have been a very blessed baby lol:statisfie
That aside, i can't wait for Ramadhan and its vast rewards. I wish it would hurry up a bit...
Thankfully, we've stretched our summer holidays so they end after Ramadhan, which means I should have more time for personal Ibadah with school and teaching out of the way:statisfie

Misz_Muslimah
07-17-2010, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Thankfully, we've stretched our summer holidays so they end after Ramadhan, which means I should have more time for personal Ibadah with school and teaching out of the way:statisfie
Yeh same here..most of Ramadhan will be during the school holidays alhamdulilah :statisfie

Asiyah3
07-17-2010, 04:30 PM
^I personally find fasting much easier during school times.

جوري
07-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Ramadan is about discipline amongst many other things, how you as a human being can take control of your body and your environment-- I don't find it different than regular days since I wake up that early anyway and then you get busied by the events of the day until it is break fast time- perhaps the only time one perceives a difference is on the weekend because you are trying to rest and not busy yourself with things so you are then made painfully aware of the hours.. in my humble opinion one should utilize that time to memorize Quran or help others in some way insha'Allah...

tw009
07-17-2010, 11:02 PM
A friend posted this on fb so I thought I'd share it here with you all...

1.Eat, drink and be moderate
Almost all of us do it - once Iftar time hits, we just keep plowing food and drink into our mouths till it's hard to move afterwards. And those of us who do it know this is totally contrary to the spirit of Ramadan, through which we're supposed to learn self-control not self-indulgence. Let's try to stick to the Prophetic rule on eating: fill our stomachs with one-third food, one-third water and one-third breathing space, even in Ramadan.

2.Give a dollar a day in charity...or five or ten
The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was always generous but even more so in Ramadan. Let's open our hearts and dig a little deeper in our wallets this year. Even less than a dollar a day adds up. Whatever you can give, it's the intention that counts.

3.Go to Tarawih prayers
Post-Iftar, the first urge is to sleep after an exhausting day. But try your best to head out to the mosque for Tarawih prayers. Praying alone is wonderful, but doing it in congregation is fantastic. The community spirit is part of Ramadan's blessings. Don't miss it this year. If going every day is not possible, try going at least one week.

4.Go on a technology diet
Even if you work in the IT industry, you can do this. Avoid checking personal email and surfing the web during your fast. After Iftar, instead of plopping yourself in front of the screen, go to Tarawih. The same goes for the television. The point is to try to give our full attention to spiritual elevation this month.

5.Read 5 minutes of Quran a day...just five, not more, not less
Even if you feel you've got absolutely no time, set a timer or the alarm on your cell phone and find a relatively quiet place. You can read the first page of the Quran you open or follow a sequence. The choice is yours. The point is simply to connect with God through His revelation in the month of the Quran.

6.Forgive everyone who has hurt you
Still got a festering wound from the fight with your friend last year? Still upset about something your spouse said during a heated argument? Or are you still bitter about the way your parents sometimes treated you as a kid? Let go of the anger and pain this Ramadan and forgive those who have hurt you. Forgiving someone is not only good for the body, but it's also great for the soul. And in Ramadan, ten days of which are devoted to Allah's forgiveness, shouldn't we lesser beings forgive too?

If you find it very difficult to forgive everyone, forgive at least three people.

__follower
07-18-2010, 04:05 AM
nice one tw009
and sry for my mistake in introduction was typing fast and i dun know how to edit posts , and da fact dat my English is not reli gud

Tyrion
07-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Usually I just go on with my day the same way I would if it wasn't Ramadan... But this year, I have two finals during the first week, so.... That should be fun.. :P

__follower
07-18-2010, 08:52 AM
gud luck with it tyrion
jus wondering any1 here works in construction industry or sports .
it will b reli hard for ppl in those fields as it will b very hot this year .
may allah make it easy for all of us

ardianto
07-18-2010, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by __follower
gud luck with it tyrion
jus wondering any1 here works in construction industry or sports .
it will b reli hard for ppl in those fields as it will b very hot this year .
may allah make it easy for all of us
In Indonesia, national football competition is off during ramadhan. Also other sport events.

Misz_Muslimah
07-18-2010, 02:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009
A friend posted this on fb so I thought I'd share it here with you all...

1.Eat, drink and be moderate
Almost all of us do it - once Iftar time hits, we just keep plowing food and drink into our mouths till it's hard to move afterwards. And those of us who do it know this is totally contrary to the spirit of Ramadan, through which we're supposed to learn self-control not self-indulgence. Let's try to stick to the Prophetic rule on eating: fill our stomachs with one-third food, one-third water and one-third breathing space, even in Ramadan.

2.Give a dollar a day in charity...or five or ten
The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was always generous but even more so in Ramadan. Let's open our hearts and dig a little deeper in our wallets this year. Even less than a dollar a day adds up. Whatever you can give, it's the intention that counts.

3.Go to Tarawih prayers
Post-Iftar, the first urge is to sleep after an exhausting day. But try your best to head out to the mosque for Tarawih prayers. Praying alone is wonderful, but doing it in congregation is fantastic. The community spirit is part of Ramadan's blessings. Don't miss it this year. If going every day is not possible, try going at least one week.

4.Go on a technology diet
Even if you work in the IT industry, you can do this. Avoid checking personal email and surfing the web during your fast. After Iftar, instead of plopping yourself in front of the screen, go to Tarawih. The same goes for the television. The point is to try to give our full attention to spiritual elevation this month.

5.Read 5 minutes of Quran a day...just five, not more, not less
Even if you feel you've got absolutely no time, set a timer or the alarm on your cell phone and find a relatively quiet place. You can read the first page of the Quran you open or follow a sequence. The choice is yours. The point is simply to connect with God through His revelation in the month of the Quran.

6.Forgive everyone who has hurt you
Still got a festering wound from the fight with your friend last year? Still upset about something your spouse said during a heated argument? Or are you still bitter about the way your parents sometimes treated you as a kid? Let go of the anger and pain this Ramadan and forgive those who have hurt you. Forgiving someone is not only good for the body, but it's also great for the soul. And in Ramadan, ten days of which are devoted to Allah's forgiveness, shouldn't we lesser beings forgive too?

If you find it very difficult to forgive everyone, forgive at least three people.
Jazaakalahu khayr for sharing..May we all benefit from this inshallah..

__follower
07-18-2010, 03:04 PM
it is much easier in muslim countries i believe ,but in countries like china or Europe are hard

__follower
07-18-2010, 03:05 PM
it is much easier in Muslim countries i believe ,but in countries like china or Europe are hard

__follower
07-18-2010, 03:05 PM
sry double post but i dont know how to delete
any1 can help ?

Misz_Muslimah
07-18-2010, 03:09 PM
^ I think you have to have at least 50 posts..I'm not sure though :hmm:

ardianto
07-18-2010, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by __follower
it is much easier in Muslim countries i believe ,but in countries like china or Europe are hard
Especially in Muslim countries that located on or near equator where the length of the days always same in every month.

Ramadhan
07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
The difference during ramadan at my office is that we are allowed to arrive at work an hour late or leave office an hour early because essentially we lose what is usually our lunch hour :)
although we still use it for sholat dhuhur and ashr anyway :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!