/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questioning religion all togeather, Test of faith.

RockDude
07-16-2010, 03:33 PM
I am a Muslim, Was born a Muslim, And IA will die as one.

My question is this, I myself am quite an analytical person, just by my very nature. And I cannot prevent myself from questioning my faith which at times i have attained so much strength from.

My question is two fold.

How many people here, have ever questioned religion? and if so, how did/do you deal with it?

In essence we all we have is blind faith, is that enough? for me yes, i like the fact that the good things i do will be credited, andthe bad deeds punished, in essence this make society a better place if we all are held accountable for our actions.

But how do you deal with that small thought in the back of your head that says " what if?"

Adios for now

RD

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
07-17-2010, 04:47 PM
I personally wasn't a practicing Muslim at all until 911.. and when that event happened I questioned Islam all together, and started buying books to understand what was going on.. it was a turning point for me, reading some hateful nasty things about Islam which was a shock at first has forced me to look into the ugliest things kaffirs concoct against Islam as well forced me to search whether there was any truth to it, and if there were any justification to it if it were true..

sob7an Allah.. I think we all need to re-establish our covenant with God.. Islam isn't a birth right.. we are not 'saved' merely for being born into a religion and having parents baptize us, we fashion and choose our own path and we are accountable for it..

to me Islam is a thinking wo/man's religion.. and Allah swt asks us repeatedly throughout the Quran to question, to contemplate to reflect and to seek knowledge.. I can't imagine anyone understanding Islam and not believing it the true religion that has always been and always meant to be unless they are not being truthful to themselves and prefer to yield in to the lower desires of the souls rather than walk aright the path that Allah swt intended for us..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

RockDude
07-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the reply, But it still dosn't asnwer my question, Am I a bad person for questioning my religion, becasue as much as i don't want to, i cant help it at times, Not just my religion but all religions, Hence the reason my joining this online comunity. What can I do to stop myself from questioning it? It dosn't happen everyday but often enough.

aadil77
07-17-2010, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RockDude
Thanks for the reply, But it still dosn't asnwer my question, Am I a bad person for questioning my religion, becasue as much as i don't want to, i cant help it at times, Not just my religion but all religions, Hence the reason my joining this online comunity. What can I do to stop myself from questioning it? It dosn't happen everyday but often enough.
errm you'll have to study islam, see the reasoning behind many things - this will eventually build up your faith and then you'll actually believe in what you know instead of just follow

you have to build up your imaan (faith), through getting closer to Allah, studying islam, praying your salah etc, eventually Allah will place certainty in your heart then you'll truly accept the beliefs of islam and you'll no longer have doubts

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-17-2010, 05:19 PM
I think it is healthy to question, I mean how else will you arrive to faith? everyone questions.. as for being a bad person, my personal opinion is that it is normal.. aside from that only Allah swt knows our nafs even better than we do.. the best way to combat doubt or fear in my opinion is to continue on pursuing and learning..

:w:

Alpha Dude
07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
In essence we all we have is blind faith, is that enough? for me yes, i like the fact that the good things i do will be credited, andthe bad deeds punished, in essence this make society a better place if we all are held accountable for our actions.
I don't believe all we have is blind faith. There are many weak faithed somewhat superficial muslims but there are believers out there that have very strong conviction.

Allah has said (as mentioned in hadith, words to the effect): Anyone who bears enmity with my friends, I declare war against him. The most valued worship of My bondsmen, seeking My nearness, Is the one I have imposed on him; and My servant continues to draw nigh Me through voluntary deeds, until I love him. And when I love him, I am his ears so that he hears by Me, and his eyes, so that he sees by Me, and his feet so that he walks by Me (not in the literal sense but signifies perpetual Divine guidance and favor). When he raises his hands in supplication I grant his requests, and when he seeks refuge in Me. I protect him. I do not hesitate in what I intend to do, as I hesitate to take the soul of My faithful servant; he hates death while I hate for any harm to come to him.” Bukhari related this Hadith.

See, when a believer has true sincerity and is mindful of Allah at every waking moment and engages in optional worship, Allah draws him near and gives him firasa (spiritual insight). This believer has strong conviction in Allah and unshakable faith. Far from being blind.

While many other people will require 'proofs' of Allah and the veracity of Islam this spiritually aware believer that is aided by Allah would never waver, even despite there being the world of evidence against Islam's truth.

Have you ever consciously tried to talk to Allah? Properly with full attention and ever even had the desire to be his friend?

Try being conscious of Allah throughout your day. This is the Islamic message anyway. With most day to day actions there's a Prophetic dua. For example, before eating, before sleeping, before entering the bathroom, before wudhu and many more. Not forgetting the simple 'bismillah'. This is a means of bringing consciousness of Allah into our lives. Unfortunately we tend to make these acts into a routine and the spiritual essence of them becomes lost. It's very easy to fall into this trap. We need to strive to be conscious and sincere whenever we think of Allah.

Get rid of all useless distractions in life and fully turn your attention toward Allah. Have the desire to be one of his favoured servants. Allah will guaranteed inshaAllah strengthen you and give you conviction.

Shouldn't, upon understanding the Islamic message, we all want and desire the blessing of being near to Allah? If we don't have this desire, then there is something wrong with us.

Woodrow
07-18-2010, 11:35 PM
:sl:

I believe healthy and sincere questioning is a valid part of our faith. We are obligated to read and study. This is our incentive to read and study. We are to question and find valid answers as we alone are responsible for our decisions and if we make an error in our faith we can not use the excuse that we were mislead. We have a duty to verify what we believe is true. We do this validation by sincere questioning.

RockDude
07-19-2010, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I believe healthy and sincere questioning is a valid part of our faith. We are obligated to read and study. This is our incentive to read and study. We are to question and find valid answers as we alone are responsible for our decisions and if we make an error in our faith we can not use the excuse that we were mislead. We have a duty to verify what we believe is true. We do this validation by sincere questioning.

Yes i totaly agree like, I have been reading through various threads n stikys on here, and the reason i cam one here was to learn more and fnd out how to become closer to god.

And since iv started trying to become a better person and incoprate more Islam into my life, Bein a better person becomes easier, Although i still strugge with personal problems.

Woodrow
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Yes i totaly agree like, I have been reading through various threads n stikys on here, and the reason i cam one here was to learn more and fnd out how to become closer to god.

And since iv started trying to become a better person and incoprate more Islam into my life, Bein a better person becomes easier, Although i still strugge with personal problems.

We all struggle with our own personal problems and face our own private demonic ideas. Often our inner thoughts are comparable with facing shaytan.

Often it seems it is much easier to die as a Muslim than to live as one. Yet, if we learn to be true servants of Allaah(swt) life can be very enjoyable and rewarding. We need to understand that it is our own doings and desires that can make life a greater trial then what it actually is.

We humans tend to like to complicate things and take control of that which we have no right to control. Seek to live as a Muslim and do not worry about what is beyond human ability or care.

RockDude
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Intresting, some great views. I read somehwere today that to be true to our faith it must be unshakable. How can one be commited 2 his faith, yet sstated below, it says to question is to be human? Also,

How true is the phrase " God is always with us?" And " God will never give us more than we can handle" I ask becuase today i had some particulary dificult news and my week has been very testing, I somehow find solace and peace in these phrases above, and they give me strength.

Hamza Asadullah
07-31-2010, 12:40 AM
I am a Muslim, Was born a Muslim, And IA will die as one.

My question is this, I myself am quite an analytical person, just by my very nature. And I cannot prevent myself from questioning my faith which at times i have attained so much strength from.

My question is two fold.

How many people here, have ever questioned religion? and if so, how did/do you deal with it?

But how do you deal with that small thought in the back of your head that says " what if?"

Adios for now

RD
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my brother we must realise that knowledge is crucial in order for clarification and gaps in our understanding to be fulfilled. Once you start gaining more and more knowledge then these little questions in your head with which shaythan is trying to confuse you about wil dissappear. So join local Islamic classes in your local Masjids and sit with scholars as they are lights for us in order to get out of the darkness.

Gaining knowledge will answer all of your crucial questions and knowledge will ensure you will NEVER question your own faith otherwise when we have little knowledge then shaythan has more ammunition against us and can easily confuse us and make us question certain aspects of Islam.

Get a good Tafsir and english translation of the Qur'an and read what Allah has written and contemplate on his words for he tells us numerous times in the Qur'an to ponder and contemplate on his most beautiful words.

Once you have truly comprehended and understood what Allah is telling us in the Qur'an then you will realise that it all makes complete sense. It will all fit in for you like a jigsaw puzzle and you will NEVER question your faith again but you will realise without a doubt in your mind that Islam is the ONLY true and right path to eternal success and you will begin to feel the sweetness of faith.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!