/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New member from England

layla1208
07-16-2010, 04:20 PM
As Salamu Alaykum to all my dear Brothers and Sisters.

I joined the forum a couple of days ago and thought I was being a wee bit rude not to introduce myslef so here I am!

I wouldn't say I'm a new Muslimah; I reverted nearly four years ago Alhamdulillah! What I would say however, is that although I'm not a brand new Sister of Islam, I still have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn and that's why I'm here!! Hoping that you'll all be able to help me on my never ending path of discovery. I'm also hoping to get in touch with old and new Muslimahs alike, so please do get in touch Insha'ALLH.

I'm really happy to have found this forum Alhamdulillah, Masha'ALLAH.

Jazak Allah Khair!

Sister Layla.:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
07-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Welcome to the forum, Layla. :welcome:

I hope you enjoy your stay and your journey.

I seem to remember you mentioned in another thread that you have just returned to the UK after being away for some years.
Do you want to tell us your story?

Misz_Muslimah
07-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Wa alaykum salam sis,
Hope you have a great stay inshallah :)

ardianto
07-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Wa'alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Welcome, sister. :welcome:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
layla1208
07-16-2010, 04:33 PM
Salam Sis and thank you for the very warm welcome. I would love to tell you my story, but just now I'm a little bit busy sorry!! Please don't think I'm being rude. Insha'ALLAH when I have more time I will tell all!!!
I'm a complete newbie to all this forum stuff so I need a while to find my way around the site etc. How do I get on to the forum just for Sisters?

~Raindrop~
07-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Welcome to the forum sis!!

This is on behalf of sis **muslimah**. She wishes to say the following as she has reached an incredible 1111 posts!! She doesnt want to upset this number, which is quite understandable...
Here it is:

:wa:

It's great to have you here sis. :) I hope you'll enjoy your stay and learn lots insha'Allah.

I look forward to getting to know you. :)

Abdul Wahid
07-16-2010, 04:34 PM
:wa: my sister.

MashaALLAH. Your still a revert Alhumdulillah.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay and find it as beneficial as I do. Alhumdulillah there are many brothers and sisters with tons of knowledge on this forum.

~Raindrop~
07-16-2010, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by layla1208
How do I get on to the forum just for Sisters?
After you reach 300 posts :)

layla1208
07-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Thank you all for the lovely msgs and for making me feel welcome. I hope Insha'ALLAH that I'll be in contact with you all agian soon.

layla1208
07-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Really!!! 300 posts!!! Insha'ALLAH I'll get there one day. Thanks for the PM Sister Aisha and I'll be in touch very soon Insha'ALLAH. Got to go now, my Mum has just arrived at the house.

As Salamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuh.

Your Sis,

Layla.

layla1208
07-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Jazak Allah Khair Sis Muslimah! Masha'ALLAH, 1111 POSTS!! I hope I can reach that magical number one day Insha'ALLAH. Look forward to messaging you soon. Sis Layla.

layla1208
07-17-2010, 12:22 PM
As Salamu Alaykum Sis Glo! Apologies for not having time yesterday; I do hope you're still interested in learning a bit about my story...
Well, as you already know, I'm back here in the UK-which is where I was born- after a 10 yr period of living/working abroad.
It was at the age of 20-having completed my studies- that I decided I didn't want to be in England anymore (in fact, I think I wanted to be as far away as I possibly could.) An accumulation of things led me to that decision, i.e. parents divorce; not really getting along so well with my family; general discontent with my life here. Of course I now know/believe, that it was my destiny and ultimately the path that would lead me to Islam!
My feeling of wanting to leave the UK, led me to apply to the airline Gulfair for a cabin crew position which I subsequenty took and never looked/came back (apart from holidays) until now!
It was during my 10 year period abroad (4 years in Bahrain, 3 years in Saudia Arabia and 3 years in Italy), that I discovered Islam Alhamdulillah! It took me six years of being in the middle east-surrounded by the Islamic faith and Muslims- before I realised that Islam was the way for me. Although it took six years (or 27 really I guess) to find what I believe is the right path Insha'ALLAh, it was well worth the wait. I believe that I have been blessed with the best gift in life that anyone could ever hope for; a gift that no amount of money can ever buy; a gift that not everyone will be blessed to have even though they may want it so much; a gift that only Allah (SWT) is able to give. I know that no matter what happens in my life, good or bad, I am already so fortunate that Allah (SWT) guided me to this amazing path Subhan'ALLAH! It's not always easy to remember/feel that blessing, especially when things aren't going my way, but it's the thing that always brings me back on track Insha'ALLAH and when I do remind myself of that great blessing that Allah (SWT) has bestowed upon me, it's the best feeling; nothing comes close or compares to it! Oh I could go on all day but I won’t, so don't worry.
What about you Sis? Tell me something about you and your own personal journey. I hope I haven't gone on too much Insha'ALLAH, but Islam is a subject I feel immensely passionate about. I don't claim to know an awful lot about it but I LOVE it all the same and Insha'ALLAH, with each day that I'm blessed with here in this Worldly life, I'll gain more and more knowledge; hopefully a lot will be gained from this site and from all my dear Brothers and Sisters Insha'ALLAH.

glo
07-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Hi again Layla

I realised that you have already posted your story in another thread, so thank you for doing it again here! :)

I cannot really tell you much about my faith journey, as it would go against forum rules. If you are really interested, then PM me. Otherwise I would rather leave it at that.

As for the rest of my life, I was born in Germany and came to the UK in 1985/86 on a gap year. I worked with learning disabled people, and during that year I met the man I am now married to. :statisfie
I loved the UK, the language, the culture, the people, the diversity - so after returning to my home country to complete my training, I came back to the UK in 1990 and have been here ever since!
I have no desire to go anywhere else. This is my home, I believe. :statisfie

Salahudeen
07-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the forum

Ramadhan
07-18-2010, 03:58 PM
:wa:

welcome to the forum, sis Layla.
Allahuakbar you have been led to the path of Islam
you are right, Islam is the greatest gift that anyone could ask for from Allah SWT
It is worth more than the world and everything in it
alhamdulillah

Muslimeen
07-19-2010, 07:36 AM
As Salamu Alaykum to all my dear Brothers and Sisters.

I joined the forum a couple of days ago and thought I was being a wee bit rude not to introduce myslef so here I am!

I wouldn't say I'm a new Muslimah; I reverted nearly four years ago Alhamdulillah! What I would say however, is that although I'm not a brand new Sister of Islam, I still have sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to learn and that's why I'm here!! Hoping that you'll all be able to help me on my never ending path of discovery. I'm also hoping to get in touch with old and new Muslimahs alike, so please do get in touch Insha'ALLH.

I'm really happy to have found this forum Alhamdulillah, Masha'ALLAH.

Jazak Allah Khair!

Sister Layla.:statisfie
Insha allah the doors of knowledge will be opened for you. Don't worry you are not alone, we all have a lot to learn, and hopefully putting into practice the little that we know.

layla1208
07-19-2010, 07:03 PM
ooops!! Sorry Sis! I didn't realise it was against forum rules; I guess I should have read them more carefully before posting what I did. Please forgive me and I do hope I haven't offended you or anyone else for that matter; my sincerest apologies if I have, that was not my intention at all. Thank you for making me aware. I will read the rules again, more thoroughly this time Insha'Allah.
I'm really happy that you had such a good experience here in the UK; good enough to make you want to come back for more! It is a great place and I'm happy to be back here after the ten years away.
I've been a few times in Germany; Frankfurt to be precise, and I absolutely loved it!! I always ate really well in Frankfurt:statisfie
Apologies again if I posted something that I wasn't supposed to.
Your Sister,
Layla.

PouringRain
07-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Welcome to the forum.

layla1208
07-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks Sis! And thank you again also to each and everyone of you that have so kindly sent such warm, welcoming messages my way; it's much appreciated.:statisfie

__follower
07-20-2010, 11:58 AM
welcome to the forum :sl:

Cabdullahi
07-20-2010, 12:02 PM
led me to apply to the airline Gulfair for a cabin crew position which I subsequenty took and never looked/came back SIZE]
salam

cabin crews are dangerous one of them pinched me when i was a child for persisting to not wear the seat belt...i think i still have the pinch marks

layla1208
07-20-2010, 12:17 PM
No!! Really!?!?! I hope it wasn't me;D; only joking! I have to admit though, there were many times when I probably felt like doing the same, Astagfirullah, but Alhamdulillah I never did, so we're not all that bad; anyway, the seatbelt is for your safety! You should have been a good boy and listened to the nice cabin crew who after all, was only trying to do her job; have you always fastened your seatbelt ever since? I hope so Insha'ALLAH. :statisfie

Cabdullahi
07-20-2010, 01:30 PM
You should have been a good boy and listened to the nice cabin crew who after all, was only trying to do her job
it was a he and he was big black african guy kinda like the guy from green mile he's hands were huge masha'Allah in the end i wasnt left with a pinch mark it was more like a wound......i've learnt my lesson Alhamdulilah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!