/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How Much Sleep?

Scorpian
07-16-2010, 10:46 PM
I read earlier in an islamic book, think it was an hadith one but ain`t sure,that the body should only get 5 hours sleep.Any more than that and it`s bad for your health.So i`m just wandering how much sleep do people get on here?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Salaam

never heard of this hadith. Normally i sleep for 8 hours.

Asiyah3
07-16-2010, 11:02 PM
I normally sleep around 9 hours. (I'm 17) I haven't heard of that hadith before.

~Raindrop~
07-16-2010, 11:06 PM
:sl:
Do you have a source for it? It's always best to be absolutely positive about Ahadith.
If I'm lucky, I manage 7 hours. Otherwise, anything from 4-6.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caller الداعي
07-16-2010, 11:08 PM
8 hrs i think sumtimes less thats before and after fajar

Scorpian
07-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Ok thanks all.Like i said i can`t remember wether it was an hadith i know it was by muhammed(PBUH)/in a book to do with muhammed(PBUH) though.

marwen
07-16-2010, 11:26 PM
Hi Scorpian ! Happy to see you around !

concerning the question :

There is nothing in sharee’ah to suggest that a Muslim has to sleep at a certain time and wake up at a certain time, and Islam does not tell the Muslim to sleep a certain number of hours
read more : How many hours is it permissible for a person to sleep? .. [IslamQA]

جوري
07-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Never heard of it either but I personally only get 4~5 hours except on the weekend unless on call there too, and can tell you that I am two steps from death every day I feel so bloody tired and unwell.. not sure the body is meant for this type of lifestyle.....

:w:

Zafran
07-17-2010, 02:37 AM
salaam

I dont think there is any hadith on that but I've heard 8 hours sleep is good for you.

peace

glo
07-17-2010, 03:25 PM
I think general health advice (non-Islamic) is to aim for 7-9 hours sleep per night.
People have individual sleep patterns and varying need for sleep, but I think there is some evidence which suggests that ongoing lack of sleep can have a negative effect on ones health.

Perhaps you can find the hadith which mentioned 5 hours sleep and post it here? People might be interested.

Caller الداعي
07-17-2010, 06:28 PM
i dont think specific hours would be mentioned in hadith as clocks were invented much later!

aadil77
07-17-2010, 07:39 PM
what the hell, how do people only sleep for 5 hours? its impossible for me to wake up unless I've a good 8 hours, on weekends atleast 10 hours

~Raindrop~
07-17-2010, 07:45 PM
^^ some of us don't have much of a choice, you see. Just last year, I used to sleep for at least 12 hours on Sunday, with a Fajr break in between.
Now, miraculously, I can survive on 2 or 3. Something I would have thought impossible.

aadil77
07-17-2010, 07:50 PM
^how? you must be dead throughout the day, a walking zombie

~Raindrop~
07-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Two Words: Red Bull.

lol I also walk 4 miles a day. That sounds pretty impressive when it's written like that :statisfie

aadil77
07-17-2010, 07:59 PM
but why, do you just not have the time to get some sleep?

living off caffiene sounds unhealthy

~Raindrop~
07-17-2010, 08:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
but why, do you just not have the time to get some sleep?
After I've finished marking, lesson planning and preparing for the next day's class, I want some 'me-time' before my brain goes bust. Unfortunately, it's pretty late by then.
living off caffiene sounds unhealthy
True. It's not very healthy for my wallet either lol.
But desperate times call for desperate measures.

Rabi'ya
07-17-2010, 08:36 PM

I usually get between 6-7 hours. i feel grateful when I get this amount of sleep. but on some days I get only 4 hours. The joys of being a working mother/housewife I guess.

yahia12
07-18-2010, 10:55 PM
i cant sleep more then 6- 7 hours. i have heard that research says 8 hours is limit. only 5 hours? i would need couple of espressos to manage stay up.. :)

aadil77
07-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I'd hate to live a lifestyle where you can only sleep 5 hours - that would be depressin

Salahudeen
07-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I'd hate to live a lifestyle where you can only sleep 5 hours - that would be depressin
I know brooo, I need 12 hours!!! is it true you age if you don't sleep as much as you should? sleep sometimes feels like a nice escape where you can just forget about the world and all your problems.

You know something interesting hit me, how many hours do you think the Sahabba survived on?? I mean if they were waking up every night to pray tahajjud and Isha was late then they can't have had much sleep. There's a good lecture on this by Muhammed Al Shareef callied "in the middle of the night" I think.

Muslim Woman
07-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Salaam/Peace

those who sleep only for 4/5 hours at night , pl. try to take rest at least for 20 minutes at noon / after noon.

I read that if u sleep less , u will start feeling frustrated / angry . I Also read, as our Prophet pbuh offered extra salat at night and did not sleep all night , he took a short nap at noon.

جوري
07-19-2010, 12:03 AM
If I take a noon nap aside from the impossibility of that if I am still at work, is that it will screw me out of night time sleep.. When I hit the pillow at night I am so incredibly drowsy I can sleep with laptop on the bed, phone in my ears etc. because I am so tired by then and incoherent ..

Muslim Woman
07-19-2010, 12:27 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I am so tired by then ..
:omg: imsad :uuh: :eek: :( ooo sis , go to bed early .

جوري
07-19-2010, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

:omg: imsad :uuh: :eek: :( ooo sis , go to bed early .
Have to wait for isha'a insha'Allah which is in 8 mins..
have to tell you I am really not looking forward to tomorrow.. every day I hate my life more than the day before if that is at all possible.. al7mdlillah I don't want to seem ungrateful for Allah swt's blessings.. so strange how life to me is about survival .. I find no joy in it whatsoever =(

maybe your du3a can take me to better places..

Muslim Woman
07-19-2010, 08:34 AM

... every day I hate my life more than the day before if that is at all possible..
oh no :(

I guess , toooo much work & pressure and less sleep are responsible for ur this kind negative thinking sis . Take a short leave and sleep , sleep ,sleep . InshaAllah u will feel better :)

You are in my dua :statisfie

جوري
07-19-2010, 09:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

oh no :(

I guess , toooo much work & pressure and less sleep are responsible for ur this kind negative thinking sis . Take a short leave and sleep , sleep ,sleep . InshaAllah u will feel better :)

You are in my dua :statisfie
awwwww.. Jazaki Allah khyran sis.. well I am actually off to work, I am running late lol..

Argamemnon
07-20-2010, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scorpian
I read earlier in an islamic book, think it was an hadith one but ain`t sure,that the body should only get 5 hours sleep.Any more than that and it`s bad for your health.So i`m just wandering how much sleep do people get on here?
As long as you can think straight, if you can perform your daily tasks, you will be fine I guess. But regardless, it's terrible to be chronically sleep-deprived.

Argamemnon
07-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Never heard of it either but I personally only get 4~5 hours except on the weekend unless on call there too, and can tell you that I am two steps from death every day I feel so bloody tired and unwell.. not sure the body is meant for this type of lifestyle.....

I'm amazed that you can still continue doing your job, masha'Allah. Lately, I 've been thinking about what the perfect working hours would be, from an Islamic point of view.

Argamemnon
07-20-2010, 03:55 PM
If I take a noon nap aside from the impossibility of that if I am still at work, is that it will screw me out of night time sleep.. When I hit the pillow at night I am so incredibly drowsy I can sleep with laptop on the bed, phone in my ears etc. because I am so tired by then and incoherent ..

Have to wait for isha'a insha'Allah which is in 8 mins..
have to tell you I am really not looking forward to tomorrow.. every day I hate my life more than the day before if that is at all possible.. al7mdlillah I don't want to seem ungrateful for Allah swt's blessings.. so strange how life to me is about survival .. I find no joy in it whatsoever =(

maybe your du3a can take me to better places..

This makes me so sad, this can't be the way life was meant to be, I just can't accept it. Yes, we will have to face many trials as Muslims and human beings, but I don't believe that life has to be like this. Oh well, at least you are able to continue unlike me.

glo
07-20-2010, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Oh well, at least you are able to continue unlike me.

Argamemnon, you must go on! What other option is there??
Do you have trouble with sleeping too?

جوري
07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
This makes me so sad, this can't be the way life was meant to be, I just can't accept it. Yes, we will have to face many trials as Muslims and human beings, but I don't believe that life has to be like this. Oh well, at least you are able to continue unlike me.

what do you mean you can't continue? yes there is more to life, but life isn't all that we have to look forward to, it isn't all we are working toward-- our trials here are a part of keeping our faith.. we must temper all of our hardships with the knowledge that life is temporary and that all we do, our life, our love, our work, our family belong to Allah swt.. Br. Alpha told me this once in more beautiful words on a day when I thought I'd die of suffocation.. sometimes we just have to go through the motion and trust that Allah swt will make it better and won't make us loose our hard work whether in this life or the hereafter..

ziyad
07-21-2010, 08:37 AM

You sound like you are in LOVE, common pick yourself up, what's the worst that can happen, you die right. Well we all gonna day some day, we're all waiting patiently in the que, so wait your turn, don't try to jump the que, that's gonna really piss me off :raging:.

All a man has gotta do is wait his turn. Patience, patience, patience.....

__follower
07-21-2010, 01:03 PM
pray to allah everythin will b fine

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 02:24 PM
double post..

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 02:27 PM
My problem is falling asleep and getting up early...

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Argamemnon, you must go on! What other option is there??
Do you have trouble with sleeping too?
Don't worry glo, I didn't mean that I'm going to take my life (although I have thought about it a lot in the past). I mean having a fulfilling life, a job I can hold down etc. I'm struggling with these because of chronic depression and sleeping problems (I realize I must have said this a million times, I hope I'm not annoying anyone!). Yes, not being able to sleep enough is probably my biggest problem.. because it increases anxiety and prevents me from being able to concentrate and perform even the simplest tasks...

Today I almost had a serious car accident while bringing my computer to the shop.. I miraculously escaped, actually twice!! Maybe I should stop driving to places I don't know well. Because this is not my first lucky escape, it happens regularly.. such incidents can easily destroy my (already shattered) self-esteem. I can't even drive a car? I'm a danger on the roads.

Do you have sleeping problems too, glo?

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ziyad
You sound like you are in LOVE
Love? I honestly don't even know what that is (I only know what suffering is, I could tell you more about that).

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 02:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Unknown
My problem is falling asleep and getting up early...
You probably mean not being able to fall asleep and waking up early. Yes, same here, but I also tend to wake up very often.. or just lying awake ALL NIGHT.

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM

what do you mean you can't continue?
i meant holding down a job (i thought you already knew). yes, of course we must continue and have patience, there is no alternative

جوري
07-21-2010, 03:05 PM
i meant holding down a job (i thought you already knew). yes, of course we must continue and have patience, there is no alternative

just start by volunteering in an excellent place, show promise and fortitude and take night classes to finish your degree--
You know if I wrote the story of my life here you wouldn't think we were so much different.. The only thing is I am a strong believer in ''If you don't like something about yourself then change it''-- there is no point feeling bad about how things transpired, it won't change what happened, it will shape your character to avoid similar problems, give you clear perspective, make you wiser, but it won't do more than that.. your own will and drive and hard work is what will eventually take you places..
some things happen, they are disastrous but you learn to pick yourself up and move on..

my mom and brother were in an accident today, my brother's car was totaled, my brother was taking his sha'hada then passed out, the guy on the motorcycle however, I don't know if he made it or not he is in the hospital, the guy who caused the multi car/motorcycle accident had his life change in an instant.. in fact everyone's life changed that instant.. but if you have life then all that can be fixed.. what can't be fixed however is dying, so one must do whatever they can to be at peace with their existence here and the hereafter insha'Allah..

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 03:16 PM

just start by volunteering in an excellent place, show promise and fortitude and take night classes to finish your degree--
You know if I wrote the story of my life here you wouldn't think we were so much different.. The only thing is I am a strong believer in ''If you don't like something about yourself then change it''-- there is no point feeling bad about how things transpired, it won't change what happened, it will shape your character to avoid similar problems, give you clear perspective, make you wiser, but it won't do more than that.. your own will and drive and hard work is what will eventually take you places..
some things happen, they are disastrous but you learn to pick yourself up and move on..

my mom and brother were in an accident today, my brother's car was totaled, my brother was taking his sha'hada then passed out, the guy on the motorcycle however, I don't know if he made it or not he is in the hospital, the guy who caused the multi car/motorcycle accident had his life change in an instant.. in fact everyone's life changed that instant.. but if you have life then all that can be fixed.. what can't be fixed however is dying, so one must do whatever they can to be at peace with their existence here and the hereafter insha'Allah..

yes, im going to do exactly that.. but subhan'Allah! I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's traffic accident, is he in good health insha'Allah? Please let us know. May Allah protect us all.

glo
07-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Do you have sleeping problems too, glo?
I used to have problems sleeping, although at the moment I seem to be doing better.

I try to stick to something called Sleep Hygiene, which I have found very useful.
Occasionally I take herbal remedies for sleeping too - but only when I have to go to work the next day.

Here is some stuff you might find helpful:

Sleep Hygiene Test
Insomnia advice
Tips on Sleep Hygiene - USEFUL!

With regards to work, I agree with Lily that volunteering can be a great way of getting into work.
Firstly, you can often choose what area you want to work in.
Secondly, it is often part-time - so a good way to ease yourself in.
Thirdly, if it isn't for you, it is easy to stop doing it.
Fourthly, it may lead to paid employment.
Fifthly, it gives you a purpose and builds self-confidence.

جوري
07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
yes, im going to do exactly that.. but subhan'Allah! I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's traffic accident, is he in good health insha'Allah? Please let us know. May Allah protect us all.

Insha'Allah khyer, I asked that they take him to the hospital and get a CT scan, but they are being visited by my uncle who is a doctor (they are abroad right now so I am not even sure how the hospital care will be like).. Not sure what my uncle will do for him since he doesn't have MRI vision.. May Allah swt save us and them, he took most of the hit and it was a side hit from my understanding and I am really glad that my mom though in severe shock wasn't harmed from her end, she is elderly and probably wouldn't have survived it..

__follower
07-21-2010, 04:38 PM
those were useful tips and links
thx

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
I used to have problems sleeping, although at the moment I seem to be doing better.

I try to stick to something called Sleep Hygiene, which I have found very useful.
Occasionally I take herbal remedies for sleeping too - but only when I have to go to work the next day.

Here is some stuff you might find helpful:

Sleep Hygiene Test
Insomnia advice
Tips on Sleep Hygiene - USEFUL!

With regards to work, I agree with Lily that volunteering can be a great way of getting into work.
Firstly, you can often choose what area you want to work in.
Secondly, it is often part-time - so a good way to ease yourself in.
Thirdly, if it isn't for you, it is easy to stop doing it.
Fourthly, it may lead to paid employment.
Fifthly, it gives you a purpose and builds self-confidence.
Thanks for your help, I appreciate it. I have not given up on anything, but I know I have certain limitations (which I can't simply ignore, I've tried that many times). And I also agree about having goals, you can't live without goals...

Peace

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 07:10 PM

Insha'Allah khyer, I asked that they take him to the hospital and get a CT scan, but they are being visited by my uncle who is a doctor (they are abroad right now so I am not even sure how the hospital care will be like).. Not sure what my uncle will do for him since he doesn't have MRI vision.. May Allah swt save us and them, he took most of the hit and it was a side hit from my understanding and I am really glad that my mom though in severe shock wasn't harmed from her end, she is elderly and probably wouldn't have survived it..

I know exactly how you feel about your mother. My mother was also in the car today when I almost had a serious accident, I almost killed her too. I don't mind dying in a car accident (if that's my fate) but I could never forgive myself if I hurt my beloved mother. Please let us know when you know more about your brother...

جوري
07-21-2010, 07:23 PM
I just called them five minutes ago, al7mdlillah they are better, just shaken and with a totaled car but it is just a car, all material things can be replaced, not human life..
this isn't the first serious accident my brother has been in, the other one took place over the highway here in the U.S, he was with my sis, and the car spun out of control it was a snowy day, he couldn't take control of it and my sister hit her head, some truck driver (may Allah swt guide him) then pulled his truck horizontally to prevent other cars from passing so it wouldn't be a multi car accident until my brother's car stopped spinning and gliding..when it was finally over and my bro saw my sis unconscious, he said he wanted to kill himself too.. (my brother is very religious) so it really shocked me that was his first reaction.. sob7an Allah.. see how weak in faith we all are when in a dire situation.. May Allah swt be ever merciful of us.. It takes tremendous love and mercy from Allah swt to grant us a life even one that we foresee as boring or not worth living..

Al7mdlillah a million fold for all his blessings..

Argamemnon
07-21-2010, 09:08 PM
I just called them five minutes ago, al7mdlillah they are better, just shaken and with a totaled car but it is just a car, all material things can be replaced, not human life..
this isn't the first serious accident my brother has been in, the other one took place over the highway here in the U.S, he was with my sis, and the car spun out of control it was a snowy day, he couldn't take control of it and my sister hit her head, some truck driver (may Allah swt guide him) then pulled his truck horizontally to prevent other cars from passing so it wouldn't be a multi car accident until my brother's car stopped spinning and gliding..when it was finally over and my bro saw my sis unconscious, he said he wanted to kill himself too.. (my brother is very religious) so it really shocked me that was his first reaction.. sob7an Allah.. see how weak in faith we all are when in a dire situation.. May Allah swt be ever merciful of us.. It takes tremendous love and mercy from Allah swt to grant us a life even one that we foresee as boring or not worth living..

Al7mdlillah a million fold for all his blessings..

Alhamdulillah, I'm happy that they are doing well. I'm tremendously afraid of dying early and meeting my Creator without having done enough good deeds in this life. I accept that I'm still weak in faith..while I'm making some progress, I'm nowhere near my goals.

جوري
07-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Alhamdulillah, I'm happy that they are doing well. I'm tremendously afraid of dying early and meeting my Creator without having done enough good deeds in this life. I accept that I'm still weak in faith..while I'm making some progress, I'm nowhere near my goals.

work toward your goals starting tonight insha'Allah.. the most difficult step is the first one.. the rest just roll once you have the drive..

aadil77
07-21-2010, 09:55 PM
May Allah help us all

جوري
07-21-2010, 10:31 PM
^^ probably one of my favorite suras.. whenever I am distressed I always include this sura and suret ad-duha in my prayers..

al7mdlillah.. Allah swt is generous to have given us the noble Quran..

Bintulislam
07-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Well,I too have nver heard of such a Hadith,but scientifically speaking the normal range for adults to sleep is somewhere between 6-7 hrs a day.

Ansariyah
07-26-2010, 11:17 AM
I usually sleep 9-10 hours at night.

Abdul-Raouf
12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Never heard such hadith.
For me its around 6 hrs...but my work gets extended often and it affects the cycle as well....

One reality of my mind is that... during holidays my body doesnt like to sleep much...and i sleep less than usual..
and its the opposit during working days.....even after getting ready to office...mind says..fall on the bed for some time...and often i fall.

S.Belle
12-27-2010, 05:17 PM
i've never heard of said hadith
but i usually fall asleep between 1-3am wake up for fajr and sleep til 8am-ish then i usually just lay there for a bit/fall asleep til 10.

gohar98
12-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Well, I usually sleep 7 to 8 hours but I haven`t heard this hadith before. I think you should confirm this one.

Re.TiReD
12-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Had 4 hours last night. Not ideal at all.

GuestFellow
12-27-2010, 08:26 PM
what the hell, how do people only sleep for 5 hours? its impossible for me to wake up unless I've a good 8 hours, on weekends atleast 10 hours

LOL

It's not that hard. I used to stay awake all night, catch the bus and train, go to college and come back home. Having a cold shower helps. I do tend to laugh randomly when I don't get any sleep which scared one of my classmates during break time. I would not advise anyone to stay awake all night, especially if you are going to cross the road...you can behave very weird. :/

Anyway, my sleeping pattern is all over the place. Sometimes, I sleep about 2 hours while on some other days I sleep for 12 hours. I sometimes wake up too early or too late.

It has been a very long time since I gotten some good sleep.

Muezzin
12-27-2010, 08:28 PM
This morning I told myself 'Go to bed earlier tonight'.

I say that to myself every day.

GuestFellow
12-27-2010, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
This morning I told myself 'Go to bed earlier tonight'.

I say that to myself every day.

Does it work?

Muezzin
12-27-2010, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Does it work?
Nope.

Anyway, I've never heard of the hadith in the first post.

Beardo
12-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Nope.
ROFL

I personally am trying to sleep by 11, wake up at 5:30. Waking up at 5:30 is going good Alhamdulillah. Its the sleeping that's causing the problem. I end up sleeping around 12/12:30. Please make dua I can improve that before school starts! D; I won't be able to take naps when school starts...

But Alhamdulillah, so far so good. ;D

GuestFellow
12-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Nope.

Anyway, I've never heard of the hadith in the first post.
I am so glad I'm not the only one.

nightingale
12-28-2010, 10:06 AM

I sleep early(around 8:30pm) and wake up early, managing 8 hours of sleep. This has become such a habit that I get a headache if I ever had to stay up late.

Adil
01-01-2011, 07:43 AM
Assalmu Aleikum
For me 5 hours is my max time,usually I go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6 but I try wake up during the night to pray...so I sleep like 5-7 hours but for me 5 hours is enough.
The only thing I know is sleeping too much makes you tired and lazy so I try to avoid that.
Wa aleikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Innocent Soul
01-01-2011, 08:11 AM
I sleep for 7 or 8 hours. I mostly try to sleep at 10:00 pm. I wake up according to the fajar timings.

format_quote Originally Posted by nightingale
This has become such a habit that I get a headache if I ever had to stay up late.
It is really difficult to stay up late. Whenever I stay up late it becomes difficult to wake up for fajar.

rose17
01-01-2011, 08:14 PM
I normally sleep 6 to 7 hours a day...

Musalman
01-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Normally 8 hours.

Woodrow
01-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I also never heard of the Hadith mentioned in the first post. But even if such a hadith it would be difficult to know what length of time was meant by an hour and even harder to know how it would equate to night time. When the ancients first began using the term hour it only applied to the daylight hours. The day was divided into 12 parts from sunrise to sunset. The period of darkness was not measured it was seen as a single unit, called night with no hourly divisions within it.. So it is probably impossible for us to know what was meant in the distant past, in terms of hours for sleep.

I have no set number of hours for sleeping or any specific times. If my eyes are open I am usually awake, if they are shut I am usually asleep. I do not differentiate much between daytime or night time. But I would say I probably sleep about 15 minutes out of each and every hour, 24 hours a day. I seldom lie down in a bed for over 30 minutes at a time, but I do lie down quite often. (Except when I am driving, during which I think I stay awake.)

elina
01-02-2011, 10:33 AM
the amount of sleep i get depends on the shift im on.... if im on early shift i maybe get 6 hours sleep...if im on late shift i maybe get 9 hours.....i prefer late shift :D

Hossam Al-Deen
01-08-2011, 07:55 PM
People also need to take into account what is now known to be called Sleep Deficit (Google it). Which can actually have a big affect on one's normal cognitive functions. I know that I suffer from it, from all of these "all-nighters" for school. That's why I have tried to get my time management on point so that I get things done better and on time so it doesn't effect my sleep.

Xena
01-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Well, I get around 4-5 hours of sleep! I have to wake up extremely early to catch my bus in the morning and stuff xD

Al-Mufarridun
01-31-2011, 03:53 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum,

the secret is napping. such a powerful tool yet so few are aware of it.

Hannah.
01-31-2011, 12:42 PM
I sleep for about 8 hours, and still manage to get bags under my eyes :(

S.Belle
01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
^ every morning/night give yourself an ice facial should see a difference in about 2 weeks

MuslimDownunder
02-03-2011, 07:46 AM
The best sleep is after Ish'a. you can wake up about an hour or so before Fajr and feel refreshed and can pray tahajjud and go to the mosque without it being a burden.

GuestFellow
02-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Salaam,

Had a good night sleep. =)

The key is to have a quick shower before you go to bed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!