/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has or read this book?

جوري
07-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Authentication of Hadith : Redefining the Criteria (Israr Ahmad Khan)

Item # B10937 Rating
Rate This Item!

if you have, pls. offer me some comments before I venture into purchase..Jazakoum Allah khyran

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-17-2010, 10:54 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
I think the best way to judge books is by looking at the credentials/qualifications/teachers, etc of the author as opposed to just the content. i find this is usually the key to a good book/article/lecture, etc.

جوري
07-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Sometimes people come highly recommended but they are not very scholarly or even good people for that matter (as I have just read a disturbing story in the advise and support section) How many books have I read by 'western scholars' who were nothing more than petty orientalists perpetuating the propaganda of 'moongods' and 'Arab invasions' -- I have always wanted a good book on the science of hadith and I have one called 'On Sachacht's origins of Mohammedan jurisprudence' and as the title suggests Dr. Al 'Azami is just taking on an orientalist, in and of itself is great but I want an excellent book on the compilation in details rather than dealing with orientalist bull which never ends..

Salahudeen
07-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Do you want a book on The Science of Hadith?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-17-2010, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Do you want a book on The Science of Hadith?

Yes I do insha'Allah..

Salahudeen
07-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Check this thread,http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...on-hadith.html

the information is from a book by Bilal Phillips on usool al hadith. Also you can get all the material from this book by enrolling on a free short course at the Islamic Online uni, you'll get access to the book in PDF format, or you can just buy it.

Another good book is Studies in Early Hadith Literature. I haven't read it myself but heard it is good.

جوري
07-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Jazaka Allah khyran, yes I just happened upon your link, well done by the way..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!