/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is she trying 2 convert me?

Ansariyah
07-17-2010, 11:40 PM
:sl:

My uncle has recently hired someone in his store for maintenance shes really a lovely lady, very polite friendly mashaAllah. Ive had a few discussions with this lady from religion to anything else you can imagine..The religion discussion is usually one sided (shes the one who usually speaks of her religion). I never found this strange in anyway, infact I admired how much she believed in God. I have a very open personality n tend to speak openly but with her I just listen (I never really get a chance to say anything). Anyway to make this all short shes always going on n on about the holy spirit how the holy spirit will bring you eternal happiness, How it'll set you free. Out of respect I listen n never interupt her in anyway cause shes quite older somwat my moms age, I thought she was just sharing her passion 'her religion'. Well now she asked me to come to one of her churches she works at.

When she suggested I come around, I thought it was a nice gesture but didnt think of it much. I was wondering what I would do there? Today she asked me 'When will you come with me to my church'? I told her after I'm done with my exams etc inshaAllah n that I would let her kno. Then she went on to say 'Our pastor is a ex Muslim u kno'? I told him all about you, he can't wait to meet you' That really struck me, it finally hit me. Omg authubillah shes not only telling me about herself but shes actually 'trying' to save me' to put it in her own words. As soon as she uttered this 'The holy spiri wants you, you need the holy spirit, its calling you through me (as she points to herself):exhausted...'We've met for a reason n the reason is for me to save you:exhausted. I was really surprised that what I once percieved as kindness has turned into this.

I think the truth is finally coming out to shine...she wants to change who I am (which i find so offensive).

I have no problem telling her to leave me alone, but shes so darn nice about it in a psycho way that i'm left speechless. She also claims that God speaks to her lol...I find this part quite amusing n somewat insane:hmm:.

I have also noticed that she prefers to speak to me in private (if she believes what shes doing is soo right why hide about it)?:hmm:

Its sooo hard to actually get a word across once she starts talking...hence why I started this thread to seek help.

JZK.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-17-2010, 11:58 PM
You didn't speak out about islam enough to her, she probably thought you had weak faith thats why she's taken it this far. Personally I would have made my beliefs clear to her and what parts of christianity a muslim will never except, I would have refuted this holy spirit stuff and anything else she'd have brought up.

Turn the tables on her, point out the flaws in christianity, make it clear you have strong conviction to islam and that she will never be able to influence you. Since she's brought up religion, which not many people do, I'd take this opportunity and make her question her own beliefs, ask her how concepts such as the trinity, jesus being divine, original sin and all that make sense to her.

Since you've already accepted her invite to a church, tell her you'll come along if she accepts to go to a masjid with you - this will send her a message. If she accepts arrange for her to speak to some knowledgable sisters, ideally reverts - again sending her another message. When this 'ex-muslim' preist speaks to you, be prepared, he will try preaching to you, I'd say you should have some points ready to drill him on.

Take this opportunity to do dawah to her, atleast let her know you're not some weak faithed muslim

جوري
07-18-2010, 12:03 AM
If I were you I'd get my uncle to fire her, I think she is trouble short and long term..
there is an Arabic adage that goes..

"ilbab ili yijlak mino ar'ree7 sido wa'stree7''

literal meaning '' if a door brings you torrential winds, then shut it''

there is no point to see what the wind will bring just close the door in that witch's face.. I love the whole 'x-muslim pastor thing' is there anything these low lives won't stoop to-- must not be much of a religion if an alleged apostate can work his way up to a pastor while these 'holy spirit' chanters remain minions!

:w:

cat eyes
07-18-2010, 12:07 AM
i agree with sis lily and the fact that she claims god speaks to her is just utterly crazy. tell your dad to hire a muslim inshallah. its better sis its so obvious shes trying to convert u to her beliefs

And read your protective dua's too pet xx

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
07-18-2010, 03:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah

Then she went on to say 'Our pastor is a ex Muslim u kno'? I told him all about you, he can't wait to meet you' That really struck me, it finally hit me.
LOL.
That is one of the classic lies christians use to try to convert muslims.
Really, those christians will do literally anything to convert people including lying (which may be better than genocide they did during the inquisition).
We have no shortage of those kinds of christians, including the ones on board.

Anyway, I tend to agree with brother Aadil's advice.
However, it depends on your depths of understanding of Islam and knowledge about christianity
If you are not too knowleadgeable, it can be unpleasant or even dangerous, unless if she agrees to meet with more knowleadgable sisters (prefereably reverts).

Muslim Woman
07-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Salaam

...'We've met for a reason n the reason is for me to save you:exhausted..

yes , it's clear that she wants u to be ' saved ' . Either stop talking to her about religion or take a religious , learned Muslim with u if visit church or tell her u don't want to go there .

If she is interested , u may give her some books or audio / video CD on Islam .

Salahudeen
07-18-2010, 09:39 AM
LOL bro naidamar forget lying they will even with hold aid untill you convert to their religion and watch you starve untill you say your a Christian. OP Maybe quote her the verses of the Qur'an on Isa ibn Maryam, and play some Ahmed Deedat lectures in the shop, the holy spirit she talks about will get a shock when she listens to pastors getting pwned. You could even play Zakir Naik video's in the shop, if she doesn't revert I think she will just end up quitting the job if you do this ;D

Ummu Sufyaan
07-18-2010, 11:07 AM
^not to mention which of their family members are apostates.

I have also noticed that she prefers to speak to me in private (if she believes what shes doing is soo right why hide about it)?
thats so that she can brainwash you nice and good. anyone else there could pick up on what she is doing but if you are there by yourself you are getting taken in by what she is saying and ignoring how she is saying it and why. another reason is that another person may have the knowledge to refute that you may not.

i agree with skye, get rid of her.

aadil77
07-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I can't agree with anyone who said get rid of her, I wouldn't.

What if you were working at a non-muslim place and you decided to give some dawah? would you feel its right to lose your job just cause you shared your beliefs

If you fire her, it will look bad and it'll show you're weak intolerent muslims who cannot backup their own faith, I'd be reasonable and debate her instead.

جوري
07-18-2010, 04:06 PM
It is the method with which this sneaky woman is offering her religion not that she is offering it, the 'our pastor is an apostate' the talk to her in private about it.. it is just sick.. if you have something positive to say and your religion is admirable then you should be able to do in the light what you do in the dark..

and it is my personal opinion but I never offer da3wah to anyone by force, they have to show interest in my religion in order for me to do so!

Dagless
07-18-2010, 04:23 PM
It's ok since its not too late to politely say to her that you're not interested in conversion since you've already found the truth. If necessary tell her the things about Christianity you have trouble with and why you choose Islam. I liked the idea from aadil77 about asking her to come along to a mosque with you if you go to the church.
I don't think you should fire her! That would be a horrible thing to do, since nothing she has done warrants that. If anything its your own fault for staying silent so long and quietly agreeing to things.

cat eyes
07-18-2010, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I can't agree with anyone who said get rid of her, I wouldn't.

What if you were working at a non-muslim place and you decided to give some dawah? would you feel its right to lose your job just cause you shared your beliefs

If you fire her, it will look bad and it'll show you're weak intolerent muslims who cannot backup their own faith, I'd be reasonable and debate her instead.
bro she is saying that god speaks to her. does this sound like a sane woman to you? and this is also one of there common tricks to get pple to convert to there beliefs

Cabdullahi
07-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Then she went on to say 'Our pastor is a ex Muslim u kno'? I told him all about you, he can't wait to meet you'
JZK.

aadil77
07-18-2010, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
bro she is saying that god speaks to her. does this sound like a sane woman to you? and this is also one of there common tricks to get pple to convert to there beliefs
I've heard many christians claim this, they're either hallucinating or dreaming. Yh this is a ploy used by missionaries, but I wouldn't just back off and fire the woman - I'd take the opp to give her dawah instead and if she dont like it I'd just hammer her down on her own beliefs - atleast that way you can get her to shut up, instead of getting rid of her.

We have to be fair as muslims

جوري
07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
How do these christians know that it is 'God' talking to them and not their subconscious, schizophrenia or something worse? possibly the most insane creatures on earth that I have come across have been Christians!

Ummu Sufyaan
07-19-2010, 02:10 AM
i still agree that you should get rid of her. she sounds like a fitnah tbh and if has deceived you the way she already has, then whose to say she isn't going to deceive your further.

im not sure, these kind of people have a really sneaky and clever way of covering their tracks so even if you did confront her, she may try another means?

i would actually also be worried about other customers she may try to give "dawah" to as-well. i know it sounds unfair since we give dawah aswell, but the thing is you cant risk introducing that fitnah into a place where it may not already exist.

Ansariyah
07-22-2010, 11:16 AM
thanks for the advice jzk means alot!!

Someone said that I shouldn't be a weak faithed Muslim, well I don't really see it that way. Everyone is not the same, I'm not the kind who attacks people with dawah on the spot, sometimes theres wisdom in over'looking imperfections. Insha'Allah when she's out of ammunition I will tell her about Islam. What harm is there in listening? I'm not that easily influenced though I find her lectures very amusing n no way mentally stimulating I have to still show good manners (the way rasululah saw) would inshaAllah.

I don't really want to tell my uncle, I don't want to cause trouble for her. I think we should keep this guest who knows Allah might change her heart.

I'm not threatened by her...nor do I worry for my Islam, I just want to do things the Islamic way, feel free to give me advice jzk.

جوري
07-22-2010, 08:04 PM
^^ you are a very wise young lady, and I love what you do for others.. I have very little patience for Christians and must admit I admire your forbearance with them.. may this work out as well as the girl you defended in the bus... but if it doesn't work out then don't be aggrieved by it..

:wub:

cat eyes
07-24-2010, 02:58 AM
thanks for the advice jzk means alot!!

Someone said that I shouldn't be a weak faithed Muslim, well I don't really see it that way. Everyone is not the same, I'm not the kind who attacks people with dawah on the spot, sometimes theres wisdom in over'looking imperfections. Insha'Allah when she's out of ammunition I will tell her about Islam. What harm is there in listening? I'm not that easily influenced though I find her lectures very amusing n no way mentally stimulating I have to still show good manners (the way rasululah saw) would inshaAllah.

I don't really want to tell my uncle, I don't want to cause trouble for her. I think we should keep this guest who knows Allah might change her heart.

I'm not threatened by her...nor do I worry for my Islam, I just want to do things the Islamic way, feel free to give me advice jzk.
I Admire it too but don't be to easily fooled by how sweet a person is also. my experience in life has thought me this. so i get uncomfortable when a person is to overly sweet.

make it very clear to her your happy with your religion and you don't plan on converting to any other religion but just say thanks anyway.

keep it the way it is but do not get to close to her like keep a distance too don't make an attachment towards her because this is how people manage to con others.

Next minute she'd have you going to church masses and getting u involved with god knows who probably some magician just be careful thats all i'm saying

ive heard of a lot of stories. and there is a lot of religious freaks out there and people who claim to be religious but are actually pure evil and evil is there only intention including muslims too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!