/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Suzeteo!

Suzeteo
07-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Salaam IB!

'Suzeteo' (in New Testament Greek) means to seek or examine together, to discuss, to dispute or to question. As a Christian, I've come here to learn more about Islam and what it means to be a Muslim, to discuss life's most important questions and perhaps some friendly debate about the truth-claims of our respective faiths. I especially love to be challenged about my own beliefs.

A little about me: I am from Southampton, UK, and have just got a new job as a Maths Teacher at a local secondary school (if you ever need some free maths advice give me a shout!). Apart from discussing religion, I love to play chess, play and listen to different types of music, read (especially about theology and the Bible) and explore the beauty of the great outdoors. Please do ask me some questions if you'd like to know more about me!

Suzeteo

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
07-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Assalamu Alaykom!
Welcome to the forum brother Suzeteo.
Hope you find the forum very helpful and enjoyable. We'll be happy to learn from you and share ideas with you.

ardianto
07-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Salam,

Are you math teacher in secondary school ?. My oldest son now in secondary school, grade 7. Maybe I can ask you if he needs an advice. :D

Welcome to IslamicBoard, brother Suzeteo.

Nájlá
07-18-2010, 01:46 PM
:welcome: to the forum

I hope you have a great time here.

I hate Maths! but if i need help I'll sure ask :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr.President
07-18-2010, 01:51 PM
PEACE bro
welcom 2 IB forums

Muslim Woman
07-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Salaam/Peace

Welcome to the forum . Pl. feel free to ask any question u have about Islam.

Misz_Muslimah
07-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the forum Suzeteo

Asiyah3
07-18-2010, 03:29 PM
:welcome: to the forum. I hope you'll learn a lot about Islam.

aadil77
07-18-2010, 03:39 PM
Welcome mate :shade:

you've come to the right place, we have plenty of fellow christian members here learning about islam so make yourself at home

and we have some nice debates going on so feel to join in

glo
07-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Welcome to the forum, Suzeteo :welcome:

Perhaps you can teach me/us a bit of New Testament Greek

Woodrow
07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the Forums. Please feel free to to start or enter any of the debates in the Comparative Religion section. While there are many similarities between Islam and Christianity, there are differences that place us at opposite ends of the spectrum. may seem we spend too much time arguing over those few differences, but those differences are quite major.

The Koin Greek is quite interesting. I prefer the classical Greek(Ancient Greek), but nobody speaks it. I find it interesting as it led to some of the English language formation. Koin Greek for some reason has become the favored Greek of Christians, but I am at a lose as to why.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

I am one of those people who see math as an insurmountable subject, so please forgive me if I seem to avoid any discussions you may have regarding math. Even though most of my adult life required a tremendous amount of math, why I always placed myself in jobs that required Statistics and Calculus I don't know.

Salahudeen
07-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Welcome to the FORUM!! IF ONLY I CAME ACROSS YOU WHEN I WAS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL LOL :(

Suzeteo
07-18-2010, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Salam,

Are you math teacher in secondary school ?. My oldest son now in secondary school, grade 7. Maybe I can ask you if he needs an advice. :D

Welcome to IslamicBoard, brother Suzeteo.
Yep I'm a Secondary School teacher - please do send me a PM if you could do with some help! :)

Suzeteo
07-18-2010, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
The Koin Greek is quite interesting. I prefer the classical Greek(Ancient Greek), but nobody speaks it. I find it interesting as it led to some of the English language formation. Koin Greek for some reason has become the favored Greek of Christians, but I am at a lose as to why.
Koine Greek (koine is Greek for "common") is the original language of the New Testament documents - hence its "popularity" among Christians.

Rabi'ya
07-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Hi!!

welcome to Li. Enjoy your stay here :)

Suzeteo
07-18-2010, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
and we have some nice debates going on so feel to join in
Could you possibly point me towards the ones towards which you'd like more Christian input?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!