/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SouthAfrica

SeekingEn
07-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone :)

I am Raees from Cape Town, South Africa, and I call myself a New Muslim even though I'm not Muslim yet. My family is Muslim but they were too relaxed in their upbringing of me so now I don't know what I am. I want to serve Allah but I need help first which is why I'm here! Looking forward to all of your advice!

I'm engaged to a beautiful Islamic woman (Ayaan, we're both 21) and have known each other since we were little. She is a devout Muslim woman, wears the hiqab and so do her sisters and mother. She reads the Quran every night before she goes to bed and prays daily. Before we get married I want to become a true Muslim man so that I can be a proper husband to her the way she deserves. I have only ever read the Quran in bits and pieces from other people's texts before but now want to buy my own decent copy but don't even know where to start!

English is my only language so I'm looking for a translation into English that I can preferably buy online. Don't know what translation is best or what I should be looking for. Really want a nice copy that shows respect for the Holy Quran as well, like one bound in leather or something that will make it last really long time.

Please advise. Not sure what text is the right one for me!

R

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
__follower
07-19-2010, 01:08 PM
sorry mate i cant help u ,but hope others will come n help soon
and gud luck with the change, may allah make it easy for u and give the opportunity to all the muslims to make themselves perfect (including me ) ameen

Muslim Woman
07-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Salaam Bro,

welcome to the forum . Welcome to ' Islam ' :)

may Allah increses u in faith . There are many translations available online. Read and check which one u would like to buy . Here is one link.

http://theislampath.com/smf/index.php

Asiyah3
07-19-2010, 04:38 PM
:sl: Raees,
Welcome to the Forum! I hope you'll find the forum beneficial insha'Allah
May Allah bless you and your wife.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Misz_Muslimah
07-19-2010, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the forum :)

BintAbee
07-19-2010, 06:04 PM
:sl:

Welcome akhi. I suggest you go to your local mosque and ask your Imaam to teach you how to read the Quraan in Arabic. While you learning the recitation, get a copy of the English translation as well. Your Imaam will know best at what point you are in learning Islam, so once again please ask him or any Islamic teacher that's willing to help. May Allah make your task easy and accept from you.

:w:

جوري
07-19-2010, 09:17 PM
:welcome: aboard Raees, I wish you well on your marriage and may your young bride bring you even closer to Allah ...

PouringRain
07-20-2010, 02:51 AM
Welcome to the forum.

glo
07-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!