/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Means of halal entertainment..

mistyfire
07-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Assalamualaikum everyone..

My vacations are going on and I am looking for means of halal entertainment. I watch movies but some movies involve fitnah n all so I feel guilty about watching them. I read Quran and other Islamic books in free time. Please suggest me some halal means of entertainment. As they say "An empty mind is a devil's workshop", I dont want to give into the Shai'tan. imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-19-2010, 10:21 PM
'Halal entertainment' won't be enough to fully occupy yourself, try finding some 'halal' part-time work, do some gardening at home, listen to islamic lectures online, try learning arabic, get some excercise, go out with your mates, try finding some islamic workshops/lectures for women in your area and lastly.......................... work towards gettin married (if you're not married already)

marwen
07-19-2010, 10:29 PM
just some suggestions :

1) do some sport.

2) learn new languages.

3) read books/novels.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
.. work towards gettin married (if you're not married already)
Tell us How to do that ? :p :popcorn: I may do it too ;D

Ramadhan
07-20-2010, 07:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen

I second this

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-20-2010, 11:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
just some suggestions :

1) do some sport.

2) learn new languages.

3) read books/novels.

well since you're a brother its not as easy :D

Ummu Sufyaan
07-20-2010, 11:21 AM
wa laykum us-Salaam
there are loads of things you could do. do some googling to get a rough idea and just modify any ideas you get off the net to an Islamic standard.

- read books
- hang out with a righteous crowd
- hang out with your siblings/family.
- do some baking/sewing/craft
- gain Islamic knowledge
- paint, draw etc
- go on a holiday.
- write a story/poem
-start some kind of mini business.

Cabdullahi
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
start beatboxing

mistyfire
07-20-2010, 03:46 PM
thanks for all the suggestions.. inshallah i'll try to work on it.. n do pray for me :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!