/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Children Need HHUGS. Pre-Ramadan Fundraising Dinner. Sunday 1st August

HHUGS.
07-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Children Need HHUGS
A fundraising dinner in support of HHUGS at the renowned TKC restaurant in Southall
Sunday 1st August 2010
3pm - 8pm

"Tomorrow is my eighth birthday. I want my Dad back. I want to see how it feels to hug my Dad. I want to go shopping. I want him to buy me toys. I feel upset to see that my Dad cannot pick me up after school like others. I want to meet Barack Obama and ask him to release my Dad because I feel sorry for him.?

Faris Aamer is the youngest son of Shaker Aamer, the last Londoner held in Guantanamo Bay. He has never seen his father.

Have you ever thought about the Children who have been terrorised by the 'War on Terror'?
Have you ever thought about the innocent little boys and girls whose fathers have been arrested and detained?
Have you ever thought about the sadness that fills the hearts of these children? These children who only yearn to play with their fathers, to be hugged by their fathers, to enjoy Ramadan and Eid with their fathers.
Their tears soak their little pillows every night, their cries fill the room but are we listening?
Isn't it time we remembered our children? Isn't it time we supported HHUGS? Isn't it time we fulfilled our obligation?
Bring a little happiness to the Children this Ramadan.
Join us for an inspiring afternoon/evening at the remowned TKC Restaurant in Southall.
Understand our obligation towards the children of detainees held under the 'War on Terror', listen to first hand accounts of brothers detained under UK anti-terror legislation and the impact on their wives and children, and find out how you can help this Ramadan.
And to top it all off, come and enjoy a delicious 3 course meal while listening to Nasheeds by the famous artist Abdullah Rolle.

Speakers:

Ustadh Murtaza Khan(Graduate of Usool ud-Deen, Islamic Univerisity of Islamabad)
Ustadh Uthman Lateef (Director, Hittin Institute)
Rizwan Hussain(Barrister, Presenter on Islam Channel and Channel S)
Faraj Hassan Alsaadi (Former detainee in Long Lartin Prison and control order detainee)
Kaleem Cerie Bullivant (Former control order detainee)
Ramiz Ibraheem(Co-founder of DiscoveringYourPotential, Freelance Counsellor)
Nasheeds by Abdullah Rolle

Venue:
Chaudhry's TKC Restaurant, 161-163 The Broadway, Southall, Middlesex, UB1 1LR

Tickets:
Adults: £20
Children Under 8's: £10
Children Under 2's: Free

Fully segregated

For further information contact: Sisters: 07401046066, Brother: 07401123339

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!