/* */

PDA

View Full Version : posting restrictions

Ummu Sufyaan
07-20-2010, 03:38 AM
:sl:
i know that posting restrictions are implemented for limited members as to not risk any gunk being posted, but for the events section where banners/posters need to be posted, can that restriction at-least be modified to a strict moderation of that section?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-20-2010, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
i know that posting restrictions are implemented for limited members as to not risk any gunk being posted, but for the events section where banners/posters need to be posted, can that restriction at-least be modified to a strict moderation of that section?
That is possibly the most difficult area to moderate. Nearly all of the events people want posted are unknown to us, so each has to be personally checked out by a mod to verify it is legitimate. It can prove to be very time consuming and sadly sometimes by the time the event has been checked out it has already taken place.

I do not know of a workable solution to the problem, Perhaps we can limit it to only events that occur in a specific city and assign a mod from that city. But that would not be fair to the members who live elsewhere.

Any suggestions as to how we can handle this would be appreciated.

ziyad
07-20-2010, 02:04 PM
This site is just so restrictive, you can't post in advice and support, you can't post in new members, what a schlep. I hate it. You have to be here busting your fingers 24/7 just to post in all area's of the forum. No wonder so many people just post crap just to get to the membership figures. I can understand no pictures, but the brothers and sisters section, it's like tightly guarded, Fort knox style. I really find that funny. ;D

Woodrow
07-20-2010, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ziyad
This site is just so restrictive, you can't post in advice and support, you can't post in new members, what a schlep. I hate it. You have to be here busting your fingers 24/7 just to post in all area's of the forum. No wonder so many people just post crap just to get to the membership figures. I can understand no pictures, but the brothers and sisters section, it's like tightly guarded, Fort knox style. I really find that funny. ;D

We don't like needing to have these restrictions. But, sadly experience has shown us they are needed. Trolls have become a very big problem on all Islamic forums and some are very persistent in there attempts to get access to posting. However, we are still a bit more lax than some forums I used to belong to one form that required 1000 approved posts before getting full membership. That is a bit extreme and probably the hardest restrictions I have seen. But the fact is to protect all members we find the restrictions needed, we do have them as lax as we find workable.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!