/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trouble waking others up for Fajr...

anonymous
07-20-2010, 11:23 AM
:sl:

Lately, I've been having trouble waking my brothers up for Fajr... =_= (one's 17, they other is 13 =_=)
It's always the same thing, I go to one brother and shake him to wake up and he nods his head and says "k k k ....", then I go to my little brother and he turns around and covers himself more with his blanket. :exhausted

At this moment, I'm trying anything. Shaking them, flicking water at them, annoying them. :heated:Sometimes, it works but other times it doesn't.

I don't know if it's because they're tried or their being a bunch of lazy bums... >_<

What should I do? Should I try something else?

May Allah reward you for your help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
07-20-2010, 11:34 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
keep trying even if they dont wake up. dont let it eat at you too much..just do your bit and leave it.

i guess you could remind kindly about the importance of prayer. my mum said something once that her father used to tell her and that was that he (allah yer7amo) didn't bother waking my mum and her siblings up because he was of the opinion that if one is serious about fajr, they would get up themselves...and its dead true if you think about. you would do anything in your power to get up if you were that serious. sometimes relying on people can be a barrier if we want something achieved.

Muhammad
07-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Wa Alaykum Assalaam,

Masha'Allaah, your brothers are very lucky to have someone wake them up for Fajr. Don't give up... even if it seems hopeless, keep trying.

If they're tired, encourage them to go to sleep on time and possibly take a nap during the day.

As for waking up methods - I think you have to be persistent, maybe firm, but not overly annoying, because that might make them resist even more. It may be helpful to remind them of the reward for waking up for Fajr as you are waking them up - huge reward from Allaah (swt), angels being present listening to the Imam's recitation, the blessed time after Fajr, the ayah in the Qur'an mentioning those whose sides part from their beds, feeling energetic for the rest of the day etc.. And you could remind them about the shaytaan, his whisperings, what will happen if they don't wake up, the knots etc. This way, they will want to wake up and feel motivated to fight their sleep.

Make du'aa that Allaah (swt) gives them the strength and instills love for salaah in their hearts.

And Allaah (swt) knows best.

Muhammad
07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
What sister Ummu Sufyaan said is true aswell. You can encourage your brothers to wake up themselves.

But I think it's also good helping them to wake up because sometimes people need that little push and especially the young ones, they can forget and become lazy. Then it turns into a habit and then it's even more difficult to change. It's better to get it into them at an early age so that they can continue it themselves in later life, by the help and guidance of Allaah (swt).

Just my thoughts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Make clear to them the importance of salaah and praying on time, drill it into them that they have to wake up for fajr, that way they'll be more wary about it before they go sleep and they'll wake up much easier.

Basically you have to get them worried about it, make it seem like they have to do something really important next morning (like catch a flight or take an exam) that way your brain stays in a state of consciousness that you have to get up straight away, I've done that to my little brother and now I just tell him to "wake up" and he gets up straight away

Cabdullahi
07-20-2010, 12:05 PM
get a long thin thread and put it in their nose that will wake the up

anonymous
07-20-2010, 04:46 PM
:sl: everyone. Jazakallah for taking the time to reply.

I guess a good reminder will work inshallah. Although, I think it's too early to ask them to wake up themselves. I only wake them because I'm awake and ready to pray. I'll always wake them, but they need to know that I'm not responsible for their prayer.

Yes, I believe a good reminder of the of importance of Salah is needed here, especially with my little brother because I don't want this to become a habit...

I'll try this inshallah. May Allah reward you all again.

get a long thin thread and put it in their nose that will wake the up
:skeleton:

:w:

cat eyes
07-20-2010, 11:14 PM
play qur'an really loud lol they can not ignore the beautiful words of Allah :)

~Raindrop~
07-21-2010, 01:02 AM
^^That's an EXCELLENT suggestion. It's what they used to do at our school at Fajr time lol. It somehow energises the mind :)

Although when i wake my lil brother up, I poke his leg then run out of kicking distance, only to repeat it a few seconds later. Always works. Although the reasons for him getting out of bed may have more to do with feelings of revenge than anything else :X

anonymous
07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
:sl: everyone, jazakallah for the replies.

Well, I have reminded from of the importance of Salah and alhamdulillah it seems to be working.

Also, whenever I wake them, I shake them a bit and say : Assalatu khayrum minan naum (Salah is better than sleep). They wake up right away alhamdulillah. It's hard to ignore and sleep after hearing that, you must wake up.

Again, jazakallah. Your advises have helped me a lot. :)

:w:

Life_Is_Short
07-23-2010, 09:38 PM
:sl:
I usually keep wispering "fajr time, fajr time" in my little bros ear until he wakes up.

A household in my neighbourhood has set Azan on their HiFi system. Every prayer time we hear the azan and it seems like it's coming from a mosque. You can try that but somebody might complain (if you don't live in an Islamic country).

Muslimah4Eva x
07-23-2010, 09:57 PM
1.Maybe play the adhaan right next to their ears.
2.Tell them that the devils trying to convince them not to pray, don't let him fool you.
3.They're going to get held accountable on the day of judgement.

Inshallah one of them works and they start waking up for salat Fajr.
May Allah bless you in abundance for trying to wake them up and inshallah you get rewarded

Walaykum Salam :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!