/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fluoride in toothpaste is poison?

Argamemnon
07-20-2010, 03:02 PM
Salam, I hope everybody is doing well insha'Allah.

I was wondering if any of you are using fluoride-free toothpaste. I have found a few brands that are not only fluoride-free, but also gelatine-free (halal), but they are more expensive.

There are also very dangerous substances in shampoo.. yesterday, I was happy to find some cheap "halal" shampoo, but when I checked the ingredients I saw the same dangerous substances, for example SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (SLS) and SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE (SLES) (MSDS).

So does anyone use fluoride-free and gelatine-free toothpaste and what about shampoo? I did find 'healthy' shampoo, but they are far too expensive.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
07-20-2010, 03:19 PM
:wa:

I'm not knowledgeable on this subject. However, I think the fluoride in toothpaste is different from the "professional use only" fluoride that my dentist used on me. She told me this would be poisonous if used often. It had best outcome on my teeth and made me feel the enamel slippery once again after a period of careless negligence al-hamdulillah. May Allah guide her.

Argamemnon
07-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Also, how can something that's harmful for health be branded "halal"? I think halal is just a marketing strategy..

Woodrow
07-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Sodium flouride in toothpaste is interesting. It is a necessary substance for the formation of the enamel on our teeth to minimize tooth decay. yet in excess it is a deadly poison. In the past when people drank well water they received all of the sodium flouride they need from the water. But today most people drink either city tap water of purified bottle water, both of which have had the flouride removed from them along with other needed minerals. So for most people living in cities flouride toothpaste is now a necessity to prevent or minimize tooth decay.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
07-20-2010, 06:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
But today most people drink either city tap water of purified bottle water, both of which have had the flouride removed from them along with other needed minerals.
The majority of tap water in the US already has fluoride added to it (same with the UK).

format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Also, how can something that's harmful for health be branded "halal"? I think halal is just a marketing strategy..
Maybe they believe it won't be harmful in the long run and will help fight tooth decay? Its bad that they force it on you though (in the case of tap water).

Woodrow
07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
The majority of tap water in the US already has fluoride added to it (same with the UK).

Maybe they believe it won't be harmful in the long run and will help fight tooth decay? Its bad that they force it on you though.
Yikes, I did I had forgotten how long it has been since I lived in a city. If that is the case, avoid fluoridated toothpaste. Excessive flouride damages teeth, although it would take a large amount of fluoridated toothpaste to hurt you other wise.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!