/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Nose Job Capital of the World

espada
07-20-2010, 11:31 PM
:sl:

What's the nose job capital of the world?

Iran

Thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
07-21-2010, 12:06 AM
thoughts = digusting!

Asiyah3
07-21-2010, 12:22 AM
:wa:

Plastic surgeries for beauty purposes is utterly pathetic and disgusting. Ironically, the outlook is mostly worse. They say brains are very handy for people. :)

Salahudeen
07-21-2010, 12:30 AM
004:119] `And assuredly I will lead them astray and assuredly I will arouse in them vain desires, and assuredly I will incite them and they will cut the ears of cattle; and assuredly I will incite them and they will alter ALLAH's creation.' And whoever takes Satan for a friend instead of ALLAH, he certainly suffers a manifest loss.

nothing more than puppets of shaytaan.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
07-21-2010, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
thoughts = digusting!
Thoughts= My sentiments exactly +o(
And changing the form of the Creation is supposed to be a good thing is it? It's sickening.

Ramadhan
07-21-2010, 02:35 AM
I actually already read a very good article in Vanity Fair magazine around 8 years ago exposing this disgusting practice among Iranian women, and the article also claimed that Tehran had far more rhinoplasty than any other city in the world. It was really surprising for me because I thought Iran was a muslim country (granted, my knowledge of islam was not very good then).

Rabi Mansur
07-21-2010, 02:51 AM

$1500.00 for a nose job? Wow, that is pretty cheap. :shade:

They should offer a deal on airfare and people from all around the world would flock to Tehran. ;D

Funny stuff.

~Raindrop~
07-21-2010, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi Mansur

$1500.00 for a nose job? Wow, that is pretty cheap. :shade:
Maybe because there's so much demand for it, thus increasing competition between the surgeons.

Salahudeen
07-21-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't the arabs consider a portruding nose as a sign of beauty? I know they're not arabs but just wondering.

__follower
07-21-2010, 11:04 AM
is it haram ?

Ramadhan
07-21-2010, 11:12 AM
From Islamqa:

Ruling on cosmetic surgery
I want to ask about cosmetic surgery on the nose – is it haraam, especially since it causes me psychological distress and affects my life, and the doctors have also said that I need surgery?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Cosmetic surgery may be divided into two categories:

1 – Essential surgery:

These are operations that are done to remove faults, such as those that result from sickness, traffic accidents, burns, etc. or to remove congenital defects with which a person was born, such as to remove an extra digit or separate fused digits, etc.

This kind of operation is permissible. There is evidence in the Sunnah to indicate that they are permissible and that the one who does them does not intend to change the creation of Allaah.

(i) It was narrated from ‘Arfajah ibn As’ad that he lost his nose in the battle of al-Kulaab during the Jaahiliyyah, so he wore a nose made of silver but it became putrid, so the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told him to wear a nose made of gold. Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1770; Abu Dawood, 4232; al-Nasaa’i, 5161. This hadeeth was classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel, 824.

(ii) It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursing those women who pluck their eyebrows and file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and change the creation of Allaah. Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to the phrase “those who file their teeth”, this refers to those who did that for the purpose of beautification and looking younger. This indicates that what is haraam is that which is done for the purpose of beautification; but if it is needed for medical treatment or to correct a fault in the teeth and so on, there is nothing wrong with it. And Allaah knows best.

2 – The second type of cosmetic surgery is that which is done for the purpose of beautification.

These are operations that are done to improve the appearance in the eye of the beholder, such as making the nose look more beautiful by making it smaller, or making the breasts look more beautiful by making them smaller or larger, or facelifts, and so on.

This kind of surgery is not for any necessary reason, rather the purpose is to change the creation of Allaah and tinker with it according to people’s whims and desires. So this is haraam and it is not permissible to do it, because it is changing the creation of Allaah. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“They (all those who worship others than Allaah) invoke nothing but female deities besides Him (Allaah), and they invoke nothing but Shaytaan (Satan), a persistent rebel!

118. Allaah cursed him. And he [Shaytaan (Satan)] said: ‘I will take an appointed portion of your slaves.

119. ‘Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allaah’”

[al-Nisa’ 4:117-119]

The Shaytaan is the one who tells people to change the creation of Allaah.

See: Ahkaam al-Jaraahah al-Tibbiyyah by Shaykh Muhammad al-Mukhtaar al-Shanqeeti.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

What is the ruling on cosmetic surgery? What is the ruling on learning the science of beautification?

He replied:

Cosmetic procedures are of two types:

1 – Those which are done to remove a fault resulting from an accident etc. There is nothing wrong with that because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave permission to a man whose nose had been cut off in battle to wear a nose made of gold.

2 – Those which are unnecessary and are not done to remove a fault but rather to increase beauty. This is haraam and is not permissible, because the Messenger of Allaah (S) cursed women who pluck eyebrows, those who have their eyebrows plucked, those who fix hair extensions, those who have hair extensions done, those who do tattoos and those who have tattoos done, because that is done as an enhancement and is not done to remove faults.

With regard to the medical student who learns about cosmetic surgery during the course of his studies, there is nothing wrong with him learning that, but he should not do that in haraam cases, rather he should advise those who ask for that to avoid it because it is haraam. Perhaps if this advice comes from the lips of a doctor it will have more effect on a person.

Fataawa Islamiyyah, 4/412.

See also the answer to question no. 1006.

In conclusion:

If there is some defect in the nose and the purpose of the cosmetic surgery is to remove that defect, then there is nothing wrong with that.

But if the purpose is simply to make it more beautiful then it is not permissible to do this surgery.

And Allaah knows best.

Snowflake
07-21-2010, 11:37 AM
Iranians aren't muslims anyway.

In conclusion:

If there is some defect in the nose and the purpose of the cosmetic surgery is to remove that defect, then there is nothing wrong with that.

But if the purpose is simply to make it more beautiful then it is not permissible to do this surgery.
Islamqa allowed a woman with a broad nose to have surgery. That is not a defect. It's simply not a nose shape that's considered attractive in most cultures, hence she was given permission to 'beautify' it -because if a broad nose is a fault, then so is a long, beaky, or bulbous one too. Talk about contradicting fatwas. How much is the ticket to Iran? jk

Rhubarb Tart
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Iranians aren't muslims anyway.
Salam

I rather you did not generalise Iranians. :heated:

Salahudeen
07-21-2010, 05:36 PM
A defect would come under a medical condition would it not? such as it's affecting your breathing? How can an undesired shape be classed as a defect? That is weird.

Misz_Muslimah
07-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Subhanallah..May Allah (swt) guide these people

~Raindrop~
07-21-2010, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
A defect would come under a medical condition would it not? such as it's affecting your breathing? How can an undesired shape be classed as a defect? That is weird.
Does that sort of op even change the shape of the nose? My cousin had it done a few weeks ago and he looks just the same :ermm:

aadil77
07-21-2010, 05:59 PM
iran is a filthy hypocritical country

Al Mu'minaat
07-21-2010, 06:07 PM
There is none worthy of worship except allah.. what is the world comin too..?
ohh my goshh.. whats the next thing they're gonna doo.. :(

cat eyes
07-21-2010, 06:18 PM
men don't really care about whether a woman has a big nose or not. again its just the society we are living in brainwashing people

cat eyes
07-21-2010, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
iran is a filthy hypocritical country
there more western then the west lol the only difference is there hiding underneath those abaaya's

Snowflake
07-21-2010, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Salam

I rather you did not generalise Iranians. :heated:
They are shi'ites. This is their shahadah with the mention of Ali (ra) added on:

THE SHAHADAH: THE DECLARATION OF FAITH
La iláha il Alláh, Muhammadan Rasúl Alláh, Alíyun Walí-Alláh, Wasíyu Rasulillah, wa Khalífa tuhu bila fasl. There is no god but Alláh, Muhammad is the Messenger of Alláh, 'Alí is the Friend of Alláh. The Successor of the Messenger of Alláh And his first Caliph. :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
I know.. doesn't make sense.

M.I.A.
07-21-2010, 06:45 PM
its a confidence thing yeah?
most likely people get less snide remarks about there features after surgery. probably.

espada
07-21-2010, 10:50 PM

Two things:

1. Seems like the intention is to look like Western "Barbies". Yet how do they know that inside those same Western women aren't beasts (not trying to generalize)? The intention, at least mentioned by the one young lady, is what disturbs me.

2. How many people in the West (mainly America) have any clue about this side of Iran? Not many i suppose.

cat eyes
07-22-2010, 02:11 AM
if every one looked the same it just would be extremely boring like looking at different people with the same features eeewwwwwww weird:heated:

iranian women are beautiful the way they are.

__follower
07-22-2010, 05:58 AM
so are shias regarded as muslims ? if irani r shias then y not muslims ?

Ramadhan
07-22-2010, 07:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by __follower
so are shias regarded as muslims ? if irani r shias then y not muslims ?
There have been some threads dedicated to explain this particular issue. You just have to search it.

You don't want to start discussion about shias in this thread, or it will get deleted. :)

__follower
07-22-2010, 08:02 AM
oh i am sorry
i didint know about it

S_87
07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
really pathetic. the nose? who even looks so strongly at a nose n its shape??

Salahudeen
07-22-2010, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
really pathetic. the nose? who even looks so strongly at a nose n its shape??
Teenage kids who are looking to make mockery of the creation of Allah whether it be a nose or excessive fat or a big forehead. Adults couldn't care less I think.

Cabdullahi
07-22-2010, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
men don't really care about whether a woman has a big nose or not. again its just the society we are living in brainwashing people
exactamundo!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!