/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My relationship toward my sister's husband

Sister Unknown
07-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Assalamu Alykum wa Rahmatu Alalhi wa barakatuh

I've been lazy to reasearch Islamic QA. Uh.. can he be any kind of mahram? Do I have to speak to him when it is only a necessity? He doesn't live wiht my family... Does he fall under the same ruling as otehr men? For exapmle, if we are all sitting eating, or drinking coffee, should I separate myself?

JazzK Allahu Khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister Unknown
07-20-2010, 11:50 PM
And he is my sister's husband-just so its clear for those who have not read the title (smile).

Sister Unknown
07-20-2010, 11:54 PM
I know I can't be alone....

marwen
07-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Well, he sure is not a mahram for you. So you should consider him as a stranger man.

P.S : you can put a smiley :D instead of writing (smile), lool J.K.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 12:02 AM
I knew that.

JazzakAlalhu Khayr

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Ok, fine, a stupid question. Of course you separate yourself. Although, I haven't done that-harami.

Asiyah3
07-21-2010, 12:13 AM
:wa: wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

He's a non-mahram. The same rulings apply as with other non-mahram men.

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 01:35 AM
Baraq Alalhu Fiqhum

Muslim Woman
07-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Salaam Sis ,

U must maintain hijab in front of sister's husband . Never stay with him alone in private .

In my country , recently a sis commited suicide with 2 kids. She brought her cousin at home to look after the kids and her husband fall in love with cousin and they got married secretly.

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Y ahabibti, of course I MUST OBSERVE HIJAB WHEN HE IS OROUND! I would never like him, ewwwwwwwww

ziyad
07-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Stay away from these guys, brother in laws and sister in laws are trouble if pardah is not observed, you are more in danger from him than the ordinary man in the streets. This guy gets to check you out every time he comes home and nobody minds, plus if you speak to him regularly and sweetly, he might start liking you, then this attraction will get stronger and stronger and then uncontrollabe, then one day when you are alone and nobody is watching, he might just pounce on you. :omg:

ziyad
07-21-2010, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Unknown
Y ahabibti, of course I MUST OBSERVE HIJAB WHEN HE IS OROUND! I would never like him, ewwwwwwwww
You say that now, but shaytaan can make you do funny things!! ewwwwwwwwwww!!+o(

JoeMemory
07-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Nice post! I appreciate it!

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 01:47 PM
JazzakALalhu Khayr

Danah
07-21-2010, 01:57 PM
:wa:

From Islamqa.com

Can she uncover her face in front of her sister’s husband?

My sister’s husband sleeps in our house sometimes and sometimes he stays all day, and I cannot cover my face in front of him. Am I sinning thereby? What is the solution?.

Praise be to Allaah.
Your sister’s husband is a stranger (non-mahram) to you, and you have to cover your face in front of him and not be alone with him. Similarly it is haraam for him to look at you or to be alone with you. Unfortunately people are careless in their homes with regard to the in-laws, even though sharee’ah speaks strongly concerning them more than others, because people mix freely with them in their houses and the family members trust them.
It was narrated from ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of entering upon women.” A man from among the Ansaar said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what about the in-law?” He said: “The in-law is death.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4934; Muslim, 2172.
The in-law is the husband’s relative.
We notice here that the Sahaabi wanted to make an exception in the case of the husband’s relatives, but the ruling was re-emphasized in the strongest terms, because no one regards it as strange if he enters the house.
Al-Nawawi said:
With regard to the Prophet’s words, “The in-law is death,” what this means is that the fear in his case is greater than in the case of others, and evil is expected on his part and the fitnah (temptation) is greater, because he is able to reach the woman and be alone with her with no one denouncing him, unlike the stranger or non-mahram. What is meant by the in-law here is the husband’s relatives, except for his father/grandfather and sons/grandsons.His father/grandfather and sons/grandsons are mahrams of the wife and it is permissible for them to be alone with her; they are not described as “death”. Rather what is meant here is the brother, nephew, uncle, cousin and others who are not mahrams. People customarily take things lightly with regard to them, so a man will often be alone with his brother’s wife. This is what is described as death and it is more important that he be stopped than a stranger, for the reasons we have mentioned above. What I have mentioned is the correct meaning of the hadeeth… Ibn al-A’raabi said: This is something that the Arabs say, as in the phrase al-asad al-mawt (the lion is death), because meeting it is like dying. Al-Qaadi said: What is meant is that being alone with the in-laws leads to fitnah (temptation) and the destruction of one’s religious commitment, so this is described as being akin to the destruction of death.
Sharh Muslim, 14/154.
We advise this sister and others to fear Allaah and strive to wear proper hijaab in front of non-mahram men.
Please see also questions no. 13728, 6408, 13261
And Allaah knows best.
Praise be to Allaah.
Your sister’s husband is a stranger (non-mahram) to you, and you have to cover your face in front of him and not be alone with him. Similarly it is haraam for him to look at you or to be alone with you. Unfortunately people are careless in their homes with regard to the in-laws, even though sharee’ah speaks strongly concerning them more than others, because people mix freely with them in their houses and the family members trust them.
It was narrated from ‘Uqbah ibn ‘Aamir that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of entering upon women.” A man from among the Ansaar said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what about the in-law?” He said: “The in-law is death.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4934; Muslim, 2172.
The in-law is the husband’s relative.
We notice here that the Sahaabi wanted to make an exception in the case of the husband’s relatives, but the ruling was re-emphasized in the strongest terms, because no one regards it as strange if he enters the house.
Al-Nawawi said:
With regard to the Prophet’s words, “The in-law is death,” what this means is that the fear in his case is greater than in the case of others, and evil is expected on his part and the fitnah (temptation) is greater, because he is able to reach the woman and be alone with her with no one denouncing him, unlike the stranger or non-mahram. What is meant by the in-law here is the husband’s relatives, except for his father/grandfather and sons/grandsons.His father/grandfather and sons/grandsons are mahrams of the wife and it is permissible for them to be alone with her; they are not described as “death”. Rather what is meant here is the brother, nephew, uncle, cousin and others who are not mahrams. People customarily take things lightly with regard to them, so a man will often be alone with his brother’s wife. This is what is described as death and it is more important that he be stopped than a stranger, for the reasons we have mentioned above. What I have mentioned is the correct meaning of the hadeeth… Ibn al-A’raabi said: This is something that the Arabs say, as in the phrase al-asad al-mawt (the lion is death), because meeting it is like dying. Al-Qaadi said: What is meant is that being alone with the in-laws leads to fitnah (temptation) and the destruction of one’s religious commitment, so this is described as being akin to the destruction of death.
Sharh Muslim, 14/154.
We advise this sister and others to fear Allaah and strive to wear proper hijaab in front of non-mahram men.
Please see also questions no. 13728, 6408, 13261
And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Islam Q&A

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/40618

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 02:06 PM
Baqaq Alalhu Fiqhum

ziyad
07-21-2010, 02:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Unknown
Baqaq Alalhu Fiqhum
What does that mean, sorry I am trying to learn all these new things, Wa Iyaki - means Its a pleasure, just trying to add to my vocabulary. Is that arabic by the way??

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 02:13 PM
I am terribly sorry because I do not know either. I think it is Arabic.

JazzakALalhu Khayr means mAY aLLAH GRANT YOU GOOD IF i AM NOT MISTAKEN.

Muslim Woman
07-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by ziyad
What does that mean, sorry I am trying to learn all these new things, Wa Iyaki - means Its a pleasure, just trying to add to my vocabulary. Is that arabic by the way??

Attachment 4128

Abu Zainab
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
^ Barakallaahu Feekum - May Allaah bless you (in plural)

Wa Iyyakee - To you (female) as well - This is usually said after someone says Jazakallaahi Khairan (May Allaah reward you with good)

ziyad
07-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Barakallahu Feekum, for the all the replies. A day not gone in vain. I have learnt something new.

ziyad
07-21-2010, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Zainab
^ Barakallaahu Feekum - May Allaah bless you (in plural)

Wa Iyyakee - To you (female) as well - This is usually said after someone says Jazakallaahi Khairan (May Allaah reward you with good)
What do you say for a male??

Abu Zainab
07-22-2010, 10:18 AM
^ To a male: Wa iyyaak

To a male or female with respect (as with elders): Wa iyyaakum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!