/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teeth

Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh

I'm lazy to dig into the book Riyad as Salihin about women and teeth.

It's a complex subject. However, I know it is not haram to do fillings, becasue you're making it back into the original blah blah..

I cannot go to a dentist until I know whawt exactly that hadeeth and or Islam forbids.

JazzakAlalhu Khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sister Unknown
07-21-2010, 02:35 PM
My question: What is haram for a female dentist to do to the teeth of a women?

~Raindrop~
07-21-2010, 04:16 PM
To file teeth and to create a gap between them is forbidden.
It used to be a custom in Arabia at the time, women would file their teeth to straighten the edges for cosmetic purposes. Also, they would create a gap between the front two teeth, again for the sole purpose of beautifying themselves.
Doing this and having it done has has been strictly forbidden in the Ahadith.

ardianto
07-21-2010, 04:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Unknown
My question: What is haram for a female dentist to do to the teeth of a women?
Making tattoo on the teeth.

Sister, is not haram if you do something to woman's teeth like dentists normally do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
07-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Ruling on correcting previously filed teeth

I am a 27 year old unmarried woman. My front teeth are filed at the bottom, and I would like to correct them further. Is this regarded as altering the creation of Allaah?.

Praise be to Allaah.
If the filed asked about is regarded as a blemish or deformity then there is nothing wrong with correcting the teeth in that case, and that is not included in the hadeeth of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: “May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and the women who have them done, the women who pluck eyebrows and the women who file their teeth, altering the creation of Allaah.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4886) and Muslim (2125).

Filing teeth was done to make the woman look younger or make the teeth look more beautiful.

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

As for the words “women who file teeth for the purpose of beauty”, what this means is that they do that with the aim of beautification. This implies that what is forbidden is that which is done for the sake of beautification. But if it is needed for medical reasons or to correct a fault in the teeth and so on, there is nothing wrong with it.

And Allaah knows best. End quote.

See also the answer to question no. 47694.

And Allaah knows best.

Sister Unknown
07-22-2010, 11:06 PM
JazzakAllahu Khayr all, especially ukht Sents of Jennah. I'll seek more explanation from the shaykh, if he respnds.........

May Allah reward you all.

ardianto
07-23-2010, 02:58 AM
Oops, I just realized. You were talking about your teeth.

I thought you were talking about ruling for the dentists.

Muslimeen
07-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Ever thought of using miswaak? it is the best thing you can do for your teeth, and it is a sunnah ofcourse. You get the best of both worlds.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!