/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oh, slugs and caterpillars why do you eat my garden?

Rabi'ya
07-22-2010, 05:52 PM
:sl:

So I was thinking this as I watered my plants the other day. I stumbled across this.....

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 41:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet said, "If any Muslim plants any plant and a human being or an animal eats of it, he will be rewarded as if he had given that much in charity."
and it made me reconsider my thoughts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
07-22-2010, 06:47 PM
I will try to think of our slugs and caterpillars in such charitable way, Orchid ... but it won't be easy!

I usually go out after rainfall and gather up the snails to take them out into some field.
Once the plants have grown to full maturity I don't find the thought of slugs, snails and caterpillars taking a little nibble so bad ... but I HATE it when I plant baby plants in the spring and the next morning they have completely vanished!! :mmokay:

PouringRain
07-22-2010, 07:15 PM
All of our parsley is gone to caterpillars. imsad I took them off and relocated them, and a few days later there was a whole new batch of them, so I relocated them again and a week later a whole new batch. By the third time the parsley was completely gone.

SilverOrchid, that is such a nice sentiment! It is a shame I don't have 3 batches of beautiful butterflies flitting around after having eaten their fill. :statisfie

I often have a similar thought when I weed my garden. We get the most horrid of burrs here, several varieties, and some are like thumtacks, and when I weed and the burrs stick in my fingers then I thank God for the burrs in my fingers, because every burr in my finger is one less in the garden.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!