/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Seek help from Kuffar!

Brasco
07-22-2010, 09:10 PM
Bismillah!

As salamu aleykum wr!

A Muslim father and his daughter (living in the west) are being threatened with beats by a person who has to pay them money back. Is it permissible for them to report this to the police? And if so, what if the opponent is a muslim? Please do not post except with scholarly evidence!

Jazakum Allah kheir!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-31-2010, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco
Bismillah!

As salamu aleykum wr!

A Muslim father and his daughter (living in the west) are being threatened with beats by a person who has to pay them money back. Is it permissible for them to report this to the police? And if so, what if the opponent is a muslim? Please do not post except with scholarly evidence!

Jazakum Allah kheir!
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, according to Sheikh Mufti Ebrahim Desai:

Safety and security is an integral part of any country, Muslim or non-Muslim. Even Muslims residing in a non-Muslim country are in need of protection by the state.

Therefore you should seek the help of the police if there is a danger of harm upon you and your daughter.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Muslim Woman
07-31-2010, 02:16 AM
Salaam Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco

...A Muslim father and his daughter (living in the west) are being threatened with beats by a person who has to pay them money back. Is it permissible for them to report this to the police?
I don't understand ....why ask such question ? Is there any ayat or hadith that prohibits Muslims to ask for help from state's secutiry when they are in danger ?

Brasco
07-31-2010, 03:04 AM
The problem is the opponent is a Muslim too. And there are actually lots of evidences that one should not do that and lots of scholars said according these evidences that the one who seeks the help of kufar against a Muslim is himself a kafir. I'll post them later on. This is not an easy thing. But I already asked two scholars and they said it's permissible under the condition that there is no other way to solve this problem. Necessity makes haram halal. Anyway jazak Allah kheir for your answers and to make you not feel worry, it's not my daughter. I'm not yet married, but this inquiry was on behalf a muslim father (whom I met in the mosque) who's 70 and wanted to have scholarly advice, so he asked to help him. And Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!