/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Atheism=blindness

جوري
07-22-2010, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't usually recommend movies, but this one is an allegorical tale of a virus that sweeps through the western world and renders it blind

a culture so hallow if left to its own devices and stripped of its basic God given senses!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
07-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Have you seen it yourself, Lily?

جوري
07-22-2010, 09:52 PM
not fully, when it got to parts that were disturbing I stopped, but I'd seen enough to know that is exactly what godless society is like!

glo
07-22-2010, 09:59 PM
I cannot stomach disturbing or distressing scenes either!

Is it intended to be an allegory tale of the spread of atheism or was that more your own understanding and comparison?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-22-2010, 10:16 PM
this customer review sums it best:

An Allegorical Tale of Something or Other, July 17, 2010
By T1818

-
This review is from: Blindness (Movie Tie-In) (Paperback)
'Blindness' is about an epidemic of blindness. The blindness is contagious. Society begins to collapse, the blind are interned in concentration camps and an individual who somehow escapes blindness, goes with her husband to the concentration camp and attempts to take care of the blind. 'Blindness' is extremely well written but hollow at it's core. Clearly the tale is allegorical. Times today are times of trouble and only a few have the vision to to lead the world from darkness. How are the insightful ones to do this? Not by reading Nobel prize winning books. As to what is to be done today by the insightful reader 'Blindness' is completely unclear. No clues are given. 'Blindness is an allegorical tale which somehow fails to deliver an allegory as there is no underlying story which is unconcealed. The so called insightful ones of today are left blind as to what to do so as to address these times of trouble. Extremely disheartening is that high culture today as exmplified by Nobel Prizes for literature as well as popular culture today are hollow at the core. With both high culture and popular culture one is left blind. Apparrently the Powers That Be have decided to hollow out Western culture in preparation for the collapse of the West.

PouringRain
07-22-2010, 10:39 PM
It does sound interesting, but what type of disturbing content is there? I can't watch movies with certain types of disturbing things either. Sometimes, if a movie sounds really interesting, I wait for it to come on tv so that all the bad stuff is edited out and I can tolerate it.

Rhubarb Tart
07-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Go watch the trailer to find out.

Cabdullahi
07-24-2010, 06:42 PM
downloading it now woohoo!

perfect quality ....download it using bittorrent

http://isohunt.com/download/57252057/blindness.torrent

Samiun
07-25-2010, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
downloading it now woohoo!

perfect quality ....download it using bittorrent

http://isohunt.com/download/57252057/blindness.torrent
:sl:, are you promoting piracy brother?

Cabdullahi
07-26-2010, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nbeel
:sl:, are you promoting piracy brother?
flippin right i am!

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-26-2010, 02:10 PM
This is much better, Brother Abdullahii, your torrent was a DVD Screener.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4713599/Blindness[2008]DvDrip[Eng]-FXG

I am downloading this, and I am not ashamed of it...;D

Parental Advisory here

Cabdullahi
07-26-2010, 05:05 PM
^ cannot beat the indians at computer stuff :(

Salahudeen
07-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Great movie apart from the disturbing scenes. If one sense was taken away there'd be chaos subhanallah what a blessing we have. I don't think it was realistic in some area's though, if it did happen in real life, a blind man with a gun would not hold so much power I think. And I don't know why on earth the woman didn't kill him sooner I think in real life a woman with sight would not have let that happen and she would've took that scissors killed him took his gun and thats it finished.

The men were too cowardly also I thought, I mean there was 1 gun the blind guy would've probably shot his own people. Men would not have let that happen I think in real life.

جوري
07-27-2010, 09:34 AM
How did that movie end?

Cabdullahi
07-27-2010, 01:01 PM
i closed the media player after about 10 mins into the movie....every movie that is produced must have sexual scenes peppered everywhere in it, cannot we have good movies that contain no immoral behaviour :(

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-27-2010, 01:10 PM
^ Watch this if you haven't. Wake up call, is a documentary movie by Johan Nada

Salahudeen
07-27-2010, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
How did that movie end?
Well you know the camp where they were being held, they eventually got out of it because the whole world became blind so one day the lady who could see started calling the guards and no one came so she unlocked the gate and they got out of the camp, as they ventured into the world there was hardly any people around everyone was blind. She led her husband and a few other main character's who were on her ward back to her apartment and they all lived there. Since she could see she was exploring everywhere for food, she found a shop that had a basement full of food so she and the other people from her ward lived off that for a while.

In the ending you know that chinese guy, the first one to go blind driving the car, well he regained his sight one morning, then they all had hope that they'd regain their sight also. Then it finished.

The jerk from ward 3 got killed by the lady with sight, she stabbed a scissors into his eye while he was behaving like an animal. Then she or someone else (couldn't tell it was too dark), set the ward on fire where the friends of shaytaan were staying. That's when they escaped out of the prison camp cos they were calling the guards to come put out the fire but no one came.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!