/* */

PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTIANITy vs ISLAM !! HELP !! NEED ANSWER

VisibleGaming
07-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Salamualaykum brothers and sisters.

I will save the introduction to not waste time and ask a simple question.

?-It is said that christianity was 600 years before Islam and im not sure if this is fact or fiction, and my problem is, the quran can possibly be qoutes from the bible, seeing that in the bible it talks about the day of judgement as:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 ESV / 20 helpful votes

But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 ESV / 20 helpful votes

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord.

and in the quran it says nearly the exact same thing, im lost in my religion [Islam] and loosing faith rapidly because of this fact, and need a quick answer before i loose all hope PLEASE.

-jazaku'allahukhair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
07-22-2010, 11:27 PM
We believe the previous scriptures that Allah revealed are now corrupted, but you will find some truth in them and some of it may be similar to the revelation in the Quran

There are many things you will find in the Quran that are not in the bible

so whats the problem?

VisibleGaming
07-22-2010, 11:45 PM
i agree with alot of things in the quran being in instead of the bible but what about the sighns of judgement day, there all said in the quran, but yet also in the bible, and the bible came first...

subhanallah im lost..

جوري
07-22-2010, 11:53 PM
here have a try with a few of the failed prophecies of the bible before giving it precedence:

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Damascus is still inhabited today with over a million people, and hardly a ruinous heap.
Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
The river mentioned here is the Nile. The Nile is still one of Egypt's greatest natural resource.
Isaiah 19:18 In that day shall five cities in the land of Egypt speak the language of Canaan, and swear to the LORD of hosts; one shall be called, The city of destruction.
The Canaanite language has never been spoken in Egypt, and is now an extinct.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
There are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem even today.
Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.
Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.
Amos 9:15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.
Many times, Jews have been pulled up out of their land. The ownership of their land is still being fought for.
Jonah 3:4 And Jonah began to enter into the city a day's journey, and he cried, and said, Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown.
Nineveh was never overthrown. Why? Because God changed his mind in verse 3:10, despite what Malachi 3:6, Numbers 23:19 and Ezekiel 24:14 says about God never changing his mind.
Jonah 3:10 And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
Zechariah 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
Christians say that this prophecy is was fulfilled when Judas received 30 pieces of silver for betraying Jesus. Matthew 27:9 recites this verse, but incorrectly credits Jeremiah with the prophecy.
Matthew 1:22-23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
Again, Jesus is never referred to as Emmanuel (Immanuel).
Matthew 2:23 And he came and dwelt in a city called Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophets, He shall be called a Nazarene.
Nowhere in the Old Testament is such a prophecy found, so how could such a one be fulfilled?
Matthew 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
There is no passage in the Old Testament that can be attributed to what Jesus is saying here.
Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Jesus states that all the signs marking the end of the world in Matthew 24 would be fulfilled before his generation ended. That generation ended 2000 years ago, and the world has not come to an end, neither has all those signs been fulfilled.
Matthew 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value.
This prophecy was never spoken by Jeremiah.
Matthew 26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.
Jesus tells the high priest that he would see his second coming. The high priest is long dead, and Jesus hasn't returned yet.

I found your post rather silly but figured it was an easy refutation.. if there were no Islam in the world, then the world would be better off as agnostics, christianity offers nothing, no textual integrity, no proper sequence of events, no fulfilled prophecies, no coherence etc. etc.

Also, I'd recommend you read the Quran and show us how it copies the bible, and who translated it into perfect poetic tongue that made it inimitable and transcendent of time, culture and events...

all the best

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Brother why are you so confused? Allah has told people about judgement day wayy before the bible (torah, injeel) were around

People have known about judgment day and the signs since the first man on earth

The Quran is not the only revelation Allah has sent, there were many previous scriptures that Allah has revealed to mankind through the 124,000+ prophets that He sent

parts of the bible were also revealed by Allah so why are you suprised that it contains similar information? right now we do not trust the bible and other previous scriptures because they have been corrupted by man, the Quran is uncorrupted

Muslim Woman
07-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Salaam

brother , all original holy books came from Allah . So , surely messages are same . Wha'ts the problem . The difference we see now , it's because of the men made corruptions. If being the first is the criteria to u , then Taurat came before Bible . lol I guess , u will try to become a Jew now ?

Also , Quran does not say that : the dead in Christ will rise first.

Also : Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command......to my knowledge , Quran does not say it either .

Woodrow
07-23-2010, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by VisibleGaming
i agree with alot of things in the quran being in instead of the bible but what about the sighns of judgement day, there all said in the quran, but yet also in the bible, and the bible came first...

subhanallah im lost..

One error is the thinking of the bible as being a single book. It is a collection of books, revealed to many Prophets(PBUT) and repeated over a very long period of time, some of which have been compiled into what has been become known as the bible. Looking closely you will find that each book has similarities to earlier ones, does that mean each is simply a copy of earlier books? It is obvious that Allaah(swt) has revealed the same message to all nations at all times. It has always been one message just worded appropriately for specific people of specific times. It is also obvious that people keep failing to preserve the message and it had to be frequently repeated.

The Qur'an came as our last hope and for the final time revealed the message along with restoring what has been lost and this time in a form for all people. It certainly contains the truth of what was revealed in the past, so if something true is still retained in what remains of the old books, we should be able to find the same in the Qur'an. Which we do. In my opinion this serves as validation of the Qur'an.

Ramadhan
07-23-2010, 04:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
One error is the thinking of the bible as being a single book. It is a collection of books, revealed to many Prophets(PBUT) and repeated over a very long period of time, some of which have been compiled into what has been become known as the bible. Looking closely you will find that each book has similarities to earlier ones, does that mean each is simply a copy of earlier books? It is obvious that Allaah(swt) has revealed the same message to all nations at all times. It has always been one message just worded appropriately for specific people of specific times. It is also obvious that people keep failing to preserve the message and it had to be frequently repeated.

The Qur'an came as our last hope and for the final time revealed the message along with restoring what has been lost and this time in a form for all people. It certainly contains the truth of what was revealed in the past, so if something true is still retained in what remains of the old books, we should be able to find the same in the Qur'an. Which we do. In my opinion this serves as validation of the Qur'an.
I cannot rep you for a while yet, but I have to say that this is one of the best and simplest and most concise explanation about the bible in relation to the Qur'an I have ever read.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!