/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [Poll] Vegetarian Muslims

Scorpian
07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I started being a vegetarian again, i feel better being a veggie than a meat eater.
I`m just interested to see how many Muslims on here are vegetarians.:nervous:
If you are one please say how long you`ve been one.

Cheers

Scorp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
07-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Nope...I cant be a veggie.........egg, chicken, fish....cannot miss those very easily.

...egg is very frequently....chicken and fish are frequent.

Nájlá
07-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I am not vegetarian but I don't eat meat especially Fish and I don't like veggies either. =D

Scorpian
07-24-2010, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nájlá
I am not vegetarian but I don't eat meat especially Fish and I don't like veggies either. =D
So u a Fruitarian then?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
07-24-2010, 06:02 PM
I am not much of a meat eater but could never give it up.. BBQ's in the summer, a good old fashioned steak smothered with onions with short string fries or mashed potatoes, veal and fillet Mignon.. fish, chicken, quails, ducks, lamb.. Thank God for these delicious meals..

I haven't had meat since July 3rd, but we'll have chicken today insha'Allah..

:w:

Scorpian
07-24-2010, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I am not much of a meat eater but could never give it up.. BBQ's in the summer, a good old fashioned steak smothered with onions with short string fries or mashed potatoes, veal and fillet Mignon.. fish, chicken, quails, ducks, lamb.. Thank God for these delicious meals..

I haven't had meat since July 3rd, but we'll have chicken today insha'Allah..

:w:
+o(
Now when your talking bout food it`s all about the ice cream,and puddings and fruits with lashings of nice cold cream,with loads of whip cream on top,:p hehe
I can`t stand the sight of meat it makes me feel quesy,even just reading beef makes me quesy.
Give me some good old fruit anytime over meat.

جوري
07-24-2010, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scorpian
Give me some good old fruit anytime .
here you go:

Cabdullahi
07-24-2010, 06:54 PM
good old meat =

gladTidings
07-24-2010, 07:01 PM
^ the kiwi at the end of the image really just does it for me !! love fruit <3

I cant eat meat everyday but couldnt give it up either. Alhamdullilah for that which He has made lawful for us.

“O ye who believe! Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you, and render thanks to Allah if it is (indeed) He whom ye worship” (2:172).

Snowflake
07-24-2010, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't feel human without meat. I love fruit too (especially mangoes).

Aayaleh
07-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I've been back and forth with this for a while. I think I'm on the verge of becoming vegetarian. Although it is halal for us, you really don't need it to live. Actually alot of us would be better without nowadays. Besides, the exact same nutrients you obtain from it can be obtained from the same veggie source the animal retrieved it from. Think about it. The same applies about seafood items as well. So cheers! To a meatless option. :statisfie

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't feel human without meat. I love fruit too (especially mangoes).
If you know it is halal habibti, no one has the right to forbid what Allah and His messanger, sall-Allahu alayhi wa salm, have permitted. If you do not know that your meat is halal, it is haram to eat it (what I understood from a shaykh).

Anyways, when you fast, do you love Allah more than meat? Of course you love Allah, azz wa jall, more.

Assalamu ALaykum

Ansarsunnah01
07-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Salam..The Prophet ate meat and it is Halal and Sunnah. The quran forbides us to make Halal things haram on us.

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Salam..The Prophet ate meat and it is Halal and Sunnah. The quran forbides us to make Halal things haram on us.
Wa Alaykum Salam sister

I understand you. However, the hadeeths are vast and we must rely on scholars for understanding of our religion. There is a Sar'i (God's law) way of slaughtering the meat. If it was slaughtered in a wrong way, we are not allowed o eat it. Anyhow, the ruling is not to be generalized on I guess, so I'll paste the fatwa. We are obliged to follow the schoalrs.

an-Nawawi, said :

"The slaughtered meats of the People of the Book are halal whether or not they mention Allah when slaughtering due to the apparent meaning of the verses in the Mighty Qur’an, and this is our madhhab and that of the majority."
- (al-Majmu’’ (9/78))

Sa’id bin Mansur with a good chain from Ibn Mas’ud (may Allah be Pleased with him) that he said: "Do not eat slaughtered meat except from the Muslims and the People of the Book"
- (Tafsir Ibn Kathir’ (2/19))

Qays bin as-Sakan that Ibn Mas’ud said: "You have descended upon a land in which the
Muslims do not hunt, and only has Nabateans and Persians. So, if you buy any meat, ask
them about it. If it was slaughtered by a Jew or Christian, eat it, as their food is permissible for you."
- [ Mussanaf Abdur Razzak 4/487, and the narrators in its chain are those of the two ‘Sahih’s except Qays bin as-Sakan, as he is only up to the conditions of Muslim, and Ibn Hajar said in ‘Taqrib at-Tahdhib’ (2/129): “He is trustworthy.”]

Ibn ‘Abbas said:
"The slaughtered meats of the Jews and Christians are allowed because they believe in the Torah and the Gospel."

- [Majma’ az-Zawa’id 4/36, and al-Haythami said: “This was reported in ‘al-Kabir’ by at-Tabarani, and its chain contains Isma’il bin ‘Umar al-Bajli, who was considered trustworthy by Ibn Hibban and others, and considered weak by ad-Daraqutni.” Also see p. 20 of Ibn Humayd’s ‘Hukm al-Luhum al-Mustawradah.’]

Imam az-Zuhri said: "There is no problem in eating the slaughtered meat of the Arab Christians, and do not eat it if you hear them mentioning the name of other than Allah upon it. If you do not hear them, Allah has made it permissible and Knows their kufr,"
- Fath al-Bari’ (9/636)

an-Nawawi said: "If we find a sheep that is slaughtered without knowing who the
slaughterer was, if it was in a land containing those whose meats we cannot eat, such as the Magians, it is not allowed to eat the meat whether they seclude themselves or mix with the Muslims. This is because of the doubt as to whether the meat was slaughtered properly, and the default is that it is haram. However, it is permissible if the land is free of such people."
- ‘al-Majmu’’ (9/79)

Hashiyat Ibn ‘Abidin’ (6/476): "If one finds a slaughtered sheep in his garden, can he eat it? ash-Sharnablali said that it is not allowed to eat it due to the doubt as to whether the slaughterer of this meat is someone whose meats we are allowed to eat. (Ibn ‘Abidin said) What would’ve been more appropriate to say is that if the location was one in which a Magian lived, it should not be eaten. Otherwise, it can be eaten."

Ibn Rajab said :
"As for what is by default forbidden, such as sexual relations and the meat of animals, these are not permissible unless it is certain that the proper contract and proper slaughter has been performed, respectively."
- ‘Jami’ al-‘Ulum wal-Hikam’ (1/189)

Ibn al-‘Arabi said:
"Our scholars said that the default regarding animals is that they are haram, and they are not permissible to eat except if they are properly slaughtered or hunted. So, if there is any doubt as to the hunter or slaughterer, the meat remains in its default state of being forbidden."
- Ibn al-‘Arabi’s ‘Ahkam al-Qur’an’ (2/546)

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah said
"Sexual relations and slaughtered meat are not allowed when there is doubt as to their status."
- ‘Majmu’ al-Fatawa’ (21/89, 21/100, & 32/190)

Ibn Qudamah said:"The default is to avoid them, and their permissibility is tied to
a condition, which is that they be slaughtered properly by those who are qualified to
do so."
-‘al-Mughni’ (8/571)

THE FATWA
Eating the Meat of Ahl Al-Kitaab (Jews & Christians)
Imaam Ibn Uthaymeen (Rahimahullaah)

Q. Is it permissible to eat poultry which is sold in the markets on the basis that it is meat of the People of the Book...or is it impermissible on the basis that it is a carcass slaughtered by unknown means i.e. was it done by cutting off the head or electrocution or some such means... and are the Ahl-Kitaab today truly to be considered in this ruling [as those of the past]?

A. Yes, eating the poultry is permissible because that which is slaughtered by the Ahl Al-Kitaab today is just as what was slaughtered by Ahl Al-Kitaab in the time of the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam). The Ahl Al-Kitaab are of the Kuffaar (disbelievers) whether they are in the time of the Prophet (saaws) or now.
Allah says in His Noble Book They have certainly disbelieved who say that Verily Allah is Isa Ibn Maryam and the Messiah said "O Children of Israel worship Allah my Lord and your Lord Verily whosoever commits shirk (associates partners with Allah in any way) Allah has made the Paradise forbidden to him and his end will be the Hellfire and there will be no help to the Dhaalimeen. They have certainly disbelieved who say that Allah is the third of three and there is no deity except the single Deity and if they do not desist from what they are saying We will inflict upon those disbelievers a painful punishment.

Allah also says in the same chapter: "Today I have made permissible for you that which is good and wholesome and the food of those who were sent the Scripture is permissible to you and your food is permissible to them."

As far as the methodology of the slaughtering we do not inquire about the method because if an action has occurred min ahlihi [at the hands of those suited to perform such an act] the conditions surrounding that act are not asked about.

We find in Saheeh Al-Bukhari: "It is related by Aisha (raa) that a group of people said to the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) 'Some people came to us with some meat about which we didn't know whether the name of Allah was mentioned over or not' and he replied (saaws) Sammoo [Say the name of Allah] over it yourselves and then eat. She [Aisha - raa] said that these people had just recently been from the Kuffaar [i.e. just became Muslim and the question was not asked as to the method of slaughter].

This rule therefore applies to the Jews and the Christians about whom we don't know whether or not they have mentioned Allah's name or not because their slaughtered meat is halal [permissible] to us.

Q. Please clarify the fatwa - esteemed Sheikh - If a Muslim goes to the markets and eating places in a Christian land and purchases the lamb, beef, of chicken and does not ask about how it was slaughtered?

A. Yes, he does not ask about the method of slaughter.

Q. What if he is informed however that the meat has been stunned by electric shock, or has been choked or shot? What is the ruling for meat slaughtered like this? Is it considered a carcass? [Which is impermissible to eat]

A. It is not permissible if it is known with certainty because it would be considered a carcass.

Q. Can we understand from the hadith of Aisha (raa) which is related in the fatwa that the question which was posed by the people to the Messenger of Allah (saaws) was only in relation to whether Allah's name was mentioned over the animal being slaughtered and it was not about the actual method of slaughter?

A. Yes, they did ask about the mentioning of the name of Allah and not the actual method of slaughtering and it is evident in the hadith that it is not necessary to ask about either.

Q. Is it possible to say that if there are
stores in a city where the Muslim lives and those stores carry meat slaughtered according to the Islamic method - even of it is more expensive - that it is not then permissible to buy the meat of the Christians?

A. No it is not possible to say that because the slaughtered meat of the Christians and the Jews is halal. However whoever leaves it [doesn't eat it] out of a sense of piety [tawar'an], we see no fault upon him. [Tawar'a or wara' is when a person has such piety that they will avoid even that which is permissible to do what is even better from wanting to please Allah and also eliminating any possibility of doing something wrong].

Q. One of the readers asks about a relation from Ali Ibn Abi Talib (raa) in which he reportedly said: "Do not eat the meat slaughtered by Bani Taglab because they adhere to Christianity by drink alcohol." Can this be then used as a proof considering the Christians of today, the majority of who drink alcohol , that it is not permissible to eat their slaughtered meat?

A. I do not know the authenticity of this statement [from the Sahabah] and if it is authentic its meaning would be that they [Banu Taglab] were not actually on the religion of the Christians and therefore they would not fall under the ruling of permissibility of their slaughtered meat.

Q. If it is known that some of the slaughterhouses in this country slaughter sheep and cattle along with swine is it permissible to eat that meat especially when the same instruments are used to slaughter both at the same time?

A. In this case, if we know that the knives are used for both then the meat should be washed and it will be purified through washing.

Q. Is it possible - esteemed Sheikh - for you to address us with a word to the Muslim in the Western countries about the obligation of staying far away from disobedience [to Allah and His Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam)] and haram things and doubtful matters because we are aware of some of them being lax in relation to some major sins such as not praying or illicit sex or drinking alcohol yet he is distressed or makes complicated the eating of meat which is not slaughtered according to Islamic method?

A. My advice to them is to have taqwa and fear Allah's punishment and to remember the Day of Meeting, a day which the excuses of those who wrong themselves will be of no avail. A day when the parent will not afford their offspring anything nor can the offspring do anything for the parent. A day when they will all be raised from their graves barefoot, and naked. We ask
Allah for all guidance and success.

Muhammad Saleh Al-Uthaimeen (rahimahullaah) 2/28/1414

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz (rahimahullaah) discusses meat imported from the lands of the disbelievers
Question: In reference to the meats that are imported from outside (i.e. outside of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), and likewise the frozen chickens, which we do not know about their method of slaughter, since some of the scholars do not support purchasing them?
Answer: If the mentioned meats are imported from the lands of the People of the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians), it is lawful to eat them as long as you do not know something that proves its forbiddance. This is due to the statement of Allaah, far removed is He from imperfections:
"Today the good things have been made lawful for you, and the food (slaughtered meat) of those who have been given the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) is lawful for you, and your food (slaughtered meat) is lawful for them." [Al-Maa'idah (5):5]
The fact that some of the slaughter houses in some of the lands of the People of the Book slaughter animals in a way that is not legislated, this does not neccessitate the forbiddance of the slaughtered meat that is imported from the lands of the People of the Book, until you know that this specific slaughtered meat (that you have) is from the slaughter house that slaughters in a way that is not legislated. Because the basic principle is that the meat is lawful and safe until something is known that contradicts that.

Ash-Shaikh 'Abdul-'Azeez bin 'Abdullah bin Baaz
Source: Al-Fataawaa min Kitaabid-Da'wah, Vol. 1, pp. 250-251.

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz (rahimahullaah) discusses meat of the People of the Book vs. the meat of other disbelievers

Question: Verily I am a Somalian student who studies in China and I face many difficulties concerning food in general and meats in specific. The problems are as follows:
1. Verily I heard before coming to China that the animals that the atheists slaughter, or it is more appropriate to say that they kill them, it is not permissible for the Muslim to eat them. We have a small restaurant at the university for the Muslims and in it are meats, but I am not certain that they have been slaughtered in the Islamic manner, and I have doubt about that, even though my friends do not have doubt like me. They eat from that meat. Are they correct or are they eating something Haraam (forbidden)?
2. In reference to the containers for cooking the food, there is no distinguishing between the containers of the Muslims and the cooking containers of people other than them (i.e. disbelievers). What is required of me to do concerning these matters?
Ibraaheem Alif. Baa. (his initials) - Somalian student
Answer: It is not permissible to eat the animals slaughtered by the disbelievers except for the People of the Book, from the Jews and the Christians. It makes no difference whether those other people are Majians, or idol worshippers, or Communists or other than them from the various types of disbelievers. It is also not permissible to eat whatever is mixed with their slaughtered animals, such as the broth (or gravy) and other than it. This is because Allaah, far removed is He from any imperfections, has not permitted for us any of the slaughtered meats of the disbelievers, except the slaughtered meat of the People of the Book. This occurs in His statement, the Mighty and Majestic:
"Today the good things have been made permissible for you and the food (slaughtered meat) of those who have been given the Book is lawful for you and your food (slaughtered meat) is lawful for them."
This is the fifth verse from Surah Al-Maa'idah. And their food is their slaughtered animals, just as Ibn 'Abbaas and others besides him have said. In reference to the fruits and similar foods (i.e. vegetables, fruit, grains, fish, and so forth), then there is no harm in them because they are not included in the prohibited food. In reference to the food of the Muslims, then it is permissible for the Muslims and other than them, if they (those who slaughtered it) are truly Muslims, who do not worship anything other than Allaah, nor do they call upon anyone else besides Him along with Him, such as Prophets, righteous people, people who are deceased in the graves and other than them from that which is worshiped by the disbelievers.

In reference to the cooking containers, then it is obligatory upon the Muslims that they have cooking containers other than the cooking containers of the disbelievers, which they use to cook their food and intoxicants and so forth. If the Muslims cannot find containers (specifically for their use), then it is obligatory upon the Muslims' cook to wash the containers that the disbelievers use, and then put the food of the Muslims in them. This is due to what is confirmed in the two Saheehs (Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim) on the authority of Aboo Tha'labah Al-Khashanee (radhiyallaahu 'anhu) that he asked the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) about eating from the containers of the polytheists. Thus, the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said to him, "Do not eat from them unless you cannot find anything else, then (if you can't find any other container) wash them (the disbelievers' containers) and eat from them."

Source: Al-Fataawaa min Kitaabud-Da'wah, Vol. 1, pp.249-250.

Al-Imaam Ibn Baaz (rahimahullaah) discusses meat imported from the lands of the disbelievers

Question: In reference to the meats that are imported from outside (i.e. outside of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), and likewise the frozen chickens, which we do not know about their method of slaughter, since some of the scholars do not support purchasing them?

Answer: If the mentioned meats are imported from the lands of the People of the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians), it is lawful to eat them as long as you do not know something that proves its forbiddance. This is due to the statement of Allaah, far removed is He from imperfections:

"Today the good things have been made lawful for you, and the food (slaughtered meat) of those who have been given the Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) is lawful for you, and your food (slaughtered meat) is lawful for them." [Al-Maa'idah (5):5]

The fact that some of the slaughter houses in some of the lands of the People of the Book slaughter animals in a way that is not legislated, this does not neccessitate the forbiddance of the slaughtered meat that is imported from the lands of the People of the Book, until you know that this specific slaughtered meat (that you have) is from the slaughter house that slaughters in a way that is not legislated. Because the basic principle is that the meat is lawful and safe until something is known that contradicts that.

Source: Al-Fataawaa min Kitaabid-Da'wah, Vol. 1, pp. 250-251.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-24-2010, 08:22 PM
Meat has some nutrients you may not find in say fruits or veggies. Allah(swt) made it halal for a reason. Me personally, I can't go without meat lol. Keep a balanced meal...you can have it balanced with all three of those.

Sister unknown, no one is saying they love meat more than Allah nor did anyone mention about eating haram..inshaAllah...the thread is about being a vegetarian and that the brothers and sisters like eating meat :)
In Ramadhan, you give up your desires fisabilillah.

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Sister unknown, no one is saying they love meat more than Allah nor did anyone mention about eating haram..inshaAllah...the thread is about being a vegetarian and that the brothers and sisters like eating meat :)
JazzakALlahu Khayr

That's not what I ment. It was just proof that you can go without mean (smile).

Nájlá
07-24-2010, 08:27 PM
So u a Fruitarian then?
I suppose... I eat more fruits than meat or veggies. I eat veggies like once every month while meat once a year lol.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-24-2010, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Unknown
JazzakALlahu Khayr

That's not what I ment. It was just proof that you can go without mean (smile).
My bad sis lool just thought id clear it up. wa iyyaki wa barakAllahu feeki x

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 08:37 PM
No need for excuses my beloved sister. I understsad you.

JazzakALlahu Kahyr

Aayaleh
07-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Asalaamu Aleikum

My sis/bro, I never forbade anything. I was simply giving my opinion on something I think will be a new approach for myself, but Allah knows best. Everyone is entitled to eat whatever they feel to eat as long as it is halal and hopefully in moderation. When I think of the animal whether it is chicken,beef,lamb,etc I think of it as something that was alive like me, has veins/blood like me,has flesh like me. It kind of bothers me. So it's a personal issue. But since I have options, I think I'll stick with my veggies/fruits which are also halal to us.

Ma Salaama

Cabdullahi
07-24-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aayaleh
I've been back and forth with this for a while. I think I'm on the verge of becoming vegetarian. Although it is halal for us, you really don't need it to live. Actually alot of us would be better without nowadays. Besides, the exact same nutrients you obtain from it can be obtained from the same veggie source the animal retrieved it from. Think about it. The same applies about seafood items as well. So cheers! To a meatless option. :statisfie
signed up for the forum just to promote vegetarianism ....madame take your vegetarianism elsewhere!

We like M....E...A...T MEAT! meat meat meat meat

Nájlá
07-24-2010, 09:29 PM
^Be Nice to the newbie <_<

Sis Alayaleh welcome to the forum first. And ignore Br. Abdullahii, he just likes to joke a lot :/

I have a friend who thinks about animals that way, that's why she doesn't eat meat. There's nothing wrong with that like you said there's other halal options.
I say stick to your fruits n veggies :statisfie

Aayaleh
07-24-2010, 09:41 PM
LOL
Okay. You like it, i love it.
Alhamdulillah.

aadil77
07-24-2010, 10:37 PM
did someone mention stake?

I'm due for a giant stake, smothered in african chilli sauce :p

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 10:45 PM
You guys are funny. May Allah , azz wa jall, accept our effords. It is the best to keep these things (deeds in the name of Allah) a secret, inshAllah. Not that anyone is exposing them ...

marwen
07-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm looking at the pool results, but wait ! who's "Thinking of being one" ? heh ? ^o)
;D j/k

Ok look, if you can't eat meat (because you just can't : don't like it, or it makes you sick, or you don't have enough money) then I think it's fine to be a vegetarian muslim. But if you like meat and you can eat it, why should you be a vegan?
IMHO, I think muslims are encouraged to eat meat, but it's just my opinion. because :
1) it's halal.
2) the prophet used to eat it when he find it.
3) we have Eid al idha (sacrifice feast), so if all muslims become vegetarian, who will eat all the meat prepared in that day?

As I said it's only my opinion. Muslims can be vegetarian and it's just fine. But WHY :-\ ?

aadil77
07-24-2010, 11:09 PM
for some reason a vegetarian muslim to me is like a muslim who wants to remain unmarried :><:

marwen
07-24-2010, 11:18 PM
^ mashallah bro aadil ! this comparison is so perfect. I have this feeling too.

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 11:28 PM
I'm looking at the pool results, but wait ! who's "Thinking of being one" ? heh ? ^o)
;D j/k

Ok look, if you can't eat meat (because you just can't : don't like it, or it makes you sick, or you don't have enough money) then I think it's fine to be a vegetarian muslim. But if you like meat and you can eat it, why should you be a vegan?
IMHO, I think muslims are encouraged to eat meat, but it's just my opinion. because :
1) it's halal.
2) the prophet used to eat it when he find it.
3) we have Eid al idha (sacrifice feast), so if all muslims become vegetarian, who will eat all the meat prepared in that day?

As I said it's only my opinion. Muslims can be vegetarian and it's just fine. But WHY :-\ ?
You're missing teh point akhi. Wher edo you get your meat from if you don't mind me asking?

marwen
07-24-2010, 11:34 PM
You're missing teh point akhi. Wher edo you get your meat from if you don't mind me asking?
Assalamu Alaykum sister.

What point have I missed :-\ ?

I live in a muslim country so I guess all the meat sellers are doing Islamic slaughtering I guess. Otherwise, I eat meat from animals slaughtered by one of the family (my dad or my uncle etc.)

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 11:37 PM
JazzakAllahu Khayr

I just though that it is wrong to say "all meat is halal>" Some meat is slaughtered in a wrong way, other by mushriks etc... Anyways, I guess all your meat is halal. If I were you, i would ask a shaykh in near location, walhamdulillah.

Sorry, I didn't read your post fully.

marwen
07-24-2010, 11:47 PM
it is wrong to say "all meat is halal>" Some meat is slaughtered in a wrong way, other by mushriks
Yes you're right sister. but I was talking only about true halal meat.
I try to do my best to make sure that the person doing slaughtering is a religious muslim and knows how to do it in the Islamic way, and that's not very difficult in a country with muslim majority Alhamdulillah.
Jazaki Allahu Khayran.

Rabi'ya
07-24-2010, 11:58 PM
:sl:

I do love meat, but to be honest I tend to eat mainly veggies. I usually eat meat at home once a week, otherwise its more for special occasions or if I go out for a meal etc.

I dont believe that we are designed to consume a lot of meat, but then again I dont believe we are supposed to be completely vegetarian either.

Asiyah3
07-25-2010, 12:13 AM
My diet is 55 % vegetarian (excluding fish) though it wouldn't be if halal meat was available. =D A vegetarian diet at school and sometimes at home when parents don't buy halal meat. In conclusion, I'm just a Muslim al-hamdulillah.

aadil77
07-25-2010, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
^ mashallah bro aadil ! this comparison is so perfect. I have this feeling too.
I think its cause they both want to miss out on the pleasures and blessings that Allah has given us

Asiyah3
07-25-2010, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
I think its cause they both want to miss out on the pleasures and blessings that Allah has given us
Pleasures and blessings that have bad sides too..

sabr*
07-25-2010, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
Pleasures and blessings that have bad sides too..

As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

**muslimah**

A Muslim has a choice to eat meat or refrain from it. The following is another point of view. Not choosing to eat meat is in no way like choosing to be single which is not the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) as I have listed with Dalil (Evidence) in various posts. The niyat (intentions are important)

The following is a another point of view by a practicing Muslim.

Sometimes Muslim who eat meat get negative, hostile, indignant, or incredulous towards a Muslim who chooses not to eat meat. One common line of attack goes, "You can't make harâm what Allah has made halâl! That is a sin!" The practicing Muslim who chooses not to eat meat if knowledgable would never declare Hilal meat (Zabihah) haram. Provide the ayat that commands Muslims to eat meat. Not your opinion but Quran and Sunnah. In Islamic law there are more categories than just obligatory and harâm. There are various shadings of desirable and undesirable, and in the middle there is the neutral (al-mubâh). The choice of what halâl food to eat is a neutral one---it doesn't have any direct bearing on what is forbidden or obligatory. Practicing Muslims who observe not eating meat are not making eating meat haram. They just choose not to eat it. Hopefully the reasons are founded in not having access to hilal meat. you.

Some Muslims will tell you that in Islamic law you are not allowed to refuse to eat meat. This is mere opinion unsupported by any evidence from the sources of the Shari‘ah.

Others try to persuade you by saying that the Prophet, peace be upon him, ate meat, so you should too. Well, let's look closer at that argument. We all know that we should emulate the Prophet's sunnah. And what is more important in the Sunnah: to observe specific details of the Prophet's personal taste which others may or may not share? Or to abide by the great universal principles of behavior and character that he exemplified? There are foods the Prophet Muhammad didn't choose to eat.

The Prophet recognized that each person is a unique autonomous individual with his or her own personality. When giving advice to individual Companions, he would specifically tailor the advice according to that person's own characteristics. He did not enforce any overbearing uniformity on the people. Especially when it came to eating, he recognized that different people have different tastes. And for that matter, not even the Prophet and his Companions ate meat all the time; it was only once in a while that they did, not every day. Some Muslims seem to be under the impression that eating meat is the sixth pillar of Islam or something, but clearly there is no reason for thinking so.

The one overall guideline on food that the Prophet gave was: Eat of what is halâl and what is agreeable to you. That says it all. Within the wide range of halâl food, each individual can choose to eat whatever suits him or her.

If people want to follow the Prophet's sunnah of eating, consider this: The Prophet ate what he liked and he left aside what he didn't like. The is what practicing Muslims who choose not to eat meat are doing. Furthermore, he never coerced anyone else into eating what they didn't like. How about imitating this sunnah?

There was a Bedouin tribe whose custom it was to eat lizards, and the Prophet never forbade them from doing so. But he himself would never eat a lizard. This shows that just because something is "halâl," that doesn't require you to eat it if you don't want to.

The bottom line is: no one has the authority to dictate to you what halâl food you can choose to put into your body. Islamic law is completely neutral on this issue; it is only a private matter for each individual to decide for his or her self.

Moreover, note that the Qur'ân does not simply say to eat halâl meat: it says to eat what is good and wholesome (tayyib), and what is halâl. Therefore, if any food is not tayyib, the Qur'ân does not encourage us to eat it. Considering the diseases linked with meat eating (hardening of the arteries, which causes circulatory failure and stroke, in addition to other ills; gout; E. coli infection; and Mad Cow Disease), the hormones artificially put into animals, the filthy conditions of feedlots and slaughterhouses, and the danger of meat going bad.

sister herb
07-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Salam alaykum;

this thread makes me hungry...

Meet you on my garden over grill...

Cabdullahi
07-25-2010, 10:54 AM
did someone mention stake?

stake, smothered in african
thats my boy!

Scorpian
07-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I don`t understand how you bros and sis,can think it`s just fine to take a life just because allah (SWT) says it`s halal, i mean it just ain`t right imo.Unless you have no other choice.
And allah gave us pork but no muslim eats it.grrr i`m fighting a lone battle rofl.I respect peoples opinion,but i just love animals to much to not say something.Veggies Unite!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

aadil77
07-25-2010, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabr62

**muslimah**

A Muslim has a choice to eat meat or refrain from it. The following is another point of view. Not choosing to eat meat is in no way like choosing to be single which is haram as I have listed with Dalil (Evidence) in various posts. The niyat (intentions are important)
Since when did you become a scholar that you can come on the internet and deem things haraam? Do you know many scholars chose to be unmarried including Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah?

Scorpian
07-25-2010, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

here you go:

Thanks for that ::P: shame i ain`t got no fruit at home atm.grrrrr

Scorpian
07-25-2010, 11:27 AM
for some reason a vegetarian muslim to me is like a muslim who wants to remain unmarried :><:
And how did u come to that conclusion?

aadil77
07-25-2010, 11:34 AM
And how did u come to that conclusion?
cause they want to refrain from the blessings given to us by Allah

DetailImageThumbasp?fnameprodimages5Ctbone steak -

aadil77
07-25-2010, 11:39 AM
I don`t understand how you bros and sis,can think it`s just fine to take a life just because allah (SWT) says it`s halal, i mean it just ain`t right imo.Unless you have no other choice.
And allah gave us pork but no muslim eats it.grrr i`m fighting a lone battle rofl.I respect peoples opinion,but i just love animals to much to not say something.Veggies Unite!!!!!!!!!!! hehe
I know what you're thinking, you don't want to eat these cute animals, its your own choice. But when Allah says something is permissable then it is and that the end of it, we can't form our own opinion against it.

sister herb
07-25-2010, 11:59 AM
i just love animals to much to not say something.Veggies Unite!!!!!!!!!!! hehe
Salam alaykum

I too love animals and respect them.

Also some of them taste good. Some animals eat other animals. Why human should feel guilt when eat meat if it is halal and sunnah? I respect those whose don´t want but it is they way of life, not mine.

Scorpian
07-25-2010, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

I too love animals and respect them.

Also some of them taste good. Some animals eat other animals. Why human should feel guilt when eat meat if it is halal and sunnah? I respect those whose don´t want but it is they way of life, not mine.
That`s because they where made to eat them,and they can`t eat nothing else.Take an eagle for example you can`t expect it to eat grass lol.

Haya emaan
07-25-2010, 01:48 PM
ah... with out meat... cant even think of that..... i can never be a vegetarian.. i just like verieties in my meal... fruits.... vegies... meat...

sister herb
07-25-2010, 02:01 PM
That`s because they where made to eat them,and they can`t eat nothing else.Take an eagle for example you can`t expect it to eat grass lol.
Salam alaykum

people have created to eat both meat and vegetables. For animals whose eat grass etc. we actually look as predators by our face; our eyes look to front when animals whose eat grass look to the side (to see attackers very fast).

I have friend family whose are vegetarians; they respect me so when they invite me to dinner they make to me some halal meat dinner even they eat only vegetables. I also respect them and when I invite them, I serve some vegetable food only to them.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Yea I was going to say, we were created to be able to eat meat and veggies. If it were not like that, we would not have the specific set of the teeth for them. And please no evolution mumbo jumbo :s I don't buy it at all..:/

sabr*
07-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Since when did you become a scholar that you can come on the internet and deem things haraam? Do you know many scholars chose to be unmarried including Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah?

We only rely upon dalil (evidence) from Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و ).

Surah Al Hashr 59:7

What Allah gave as booty (Fai') to His Messenger (Muhammad ) from the people of the townships, - it is for Allah, His Messenger (Muhammad ), the kindred (of Messenger Muhammad ), the orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor), and the wayfarer, in order that it may not become a fortune used by the rich among you. And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad ) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment. (Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)
__________________________________________________ _________________

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 1:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven." Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said, "I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever." Allah's Apostle came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers)."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 3:

Narrated 'Alqama:

While I was with Abdullah, 'Uthman met him at Mina and said, "O Abu 'Abdur-Rahman ! I have something to say to you." So both of them went aside and 'Uthman said, "O Abu 'Abdur-Rah. man! Shall we marry you to a virgin who will make you remember your past days?" When 'Abdullah felt that he was not in need of that, he beckoned me (to join him) saying, "O 'Alqama!" Then I heard him saying (in reply to 'Uthman), "As you have said that, (I tell you that) the Prophet once said to us, 'O young people! Whoever among you is able to marry, should marry, and whoever is not able to marry, is recommended to fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 4:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatever. So Allah's Apostle said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 7:

Narrated Said bin Jubair:

Ibn 'Abbas asked me, "Are you married?" I replied, "No." He said, "Marry, for the best person of this (Muslim) nation (i.e., Muhammad) of all other Muslims, had the largest number of wives."

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 11:

Narrated Sad bin Abi Waqqas:

Allah's Apostle forbade 'Uthman bin Maz'un to abstain from marrying (and other pleasures) and if he had allowed him, we would have gotten ourselves castrated

Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 80:

Narrated Sahl bin Sad:

The Prophet said to a man, "Marry, even with (a Mahr equal to) an iron ring."

Surah Al Ahzab 33:36

It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed in a plain error. (Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

Jazakumullahu Khair

'Abd Al-Maajid
07-25-2010, 03:54 PM
I will never think of being a vegetarian. Being in a place where Halal food is easily available and even infidels serving Halal food is STUPIDITY. I love chicken but I avoid KFC. :p for good.

Asiyah3
07-25-2010, 08:01 PM

We only rely upon dalil (evidence) from Quran and the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و ).
:wa:
I'm not against marriage. However, remaining single isn't haraam unless a person is on the verge of committing zina until I see evidence which indicate otherwise.

Jazakumullahu Khair
Wa iyyak.

sister herb
07-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Salam alaykum

I don´t know how being unmarried and being vegetarian means together. I know many brothers whose are vegetarians and they may like wife whose is similar...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
How did marriage get into this? lol

Leave that out, there's a different thread for that...

FS123
07-26-2010, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Yea I was going to say, we were created to be able to eat meat and veggies. If it were not like that, we would not have the specific set of the teeth for them. And please no evolution mumbo jumbo :s I don't buy it at all..:/
Actually, evolution is with you on this one. veg only animals have different set of teeth.

Rabi'ya
07-26-2010, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
How did marriage get into this? lol

Leave that out, there's a different thread for that...
It seems many people on here are obsessed with marriage

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Yes I know but those who follow evolution say that our meat eating teeth evolved due to eating meat in the first place. If we didn't they wouldn't grow...which sounds like crud to me. Not true..

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-26-2010, 11:27 PM
BLAH :-\

I like meat :D Its nice
Allaah tells us of certain meats we should eat and which we should not.
So if Allaah our creator wants us to eat meat im in :D

I`m not disagreeing with the Non-Meat eaters :D just my Opinion, afterall opinions mean nothing for some :D

Geekz. . .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!