Just to make sure I'm correct:

1. Muharram 7. Rajab
2. Safar 8. Sha'ban
3. Rabi’ al-awwal (Rabi’ I) 9. Ramadan
4. Rabi’ al-thani (Rabi’ II) 10. Shawwal
5. Jumada al-awwal (Jumada I) 11. Dhu al-Qi'dah
6. Jumada al-thani (Jumada II) 12. Dhu al-Hijjah

http://www.al-habib.info/islamic-cal...lqura-2010.htm

So what is today (July 24th) according to Islamic calendar? Include the day, please.

JazzakAlalhu Khayr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-24-2010, 08:22 PM
:wasalamex

Today is 12 Sha'ban 1431 A.H. according to the calendar of Saudi Arabia.

There could be a day or two difference in date at other places due to difference in moon-sighting.

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatu Allahi wa baraktuh

I appreciate the reply. I know this sounds ignorant but I must make sure. And it is Saturday as well, right?

Baraq Allahu Fiqhum

AabiruSabeel
07-24-2010, 08:28 PM
Yes, it is Saturday. But it's nearly midnight, and Sunday is about to start.

Islamically, it is Sunday night, and it started at the time of Maghrib. And likewise, the date is also changed, and it is 13 Sha'ban's night now.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 08:34 PM
I remember! So when the time of Maghrib is, it counts as the next day? I understand now. Actually, here, the time of Maghrib is a few hours difference. So I can't know I guess. Or when the time of Maghrib here is, you follow it like that. I guess it doesn't affect how people fast, and that they follow the days ...(I dislike following non-Islamic calendars).
JazzakALlahu Khayr

AabiruSabeel
07-24-2010, 08:38 PM
The time difference between countries does not effect the fasting time because you have to fast according to your time, from Fajr azan time till Maghrib azan time.
And same for the days, follow the local moon sighting to start Ramadhan and to end it.

Sister Unknown
07-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Understood!

And same for the days, follow the local moon sighting to start Ramadhan and to end it.
Well, the imam of the nearest mesjid does the timings right. Some people do it wrong. From my observation, Islamic finder is wrong. May Allah forgive me if I am wrong. But, for example, when Fajer ended, their time lists that it hasn't.

Allah knows best.

JazzakAalhu KAHYR

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!