/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should a Muslim be happy?

Sister Unknown
07-25-2010, 03:20 AM
Assalamu Alaykum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh
I'm sorry if this is a foolish thread to some of you, my brothers and sisters (smile).

Based on the Qur'aan and the Sunna, I can say that a Muslim should be content and grateful to Allah with what he/she has whether they were rich or poor.

However, based on a hadeeht, laughing hardens hearts. And we should also expect "bad" realities coming up (death, resurrection, etc..).

So, based on teh Qur'aan and the Sunna, should we be happy? Then why all these smile faces, etc..? All this happiness from you guys, it makes me depressed.

O God, what is the point of this thread?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
brotherubaid
07-25-2010, 04:18 AM
Conditions of permissible joking

What are the conditions for joking to be permissible?

Praise be to Allaah.

1 – It not should not involve any element of making fun of Islam.

That is one of the things that nullify a person’s Islam.
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.
) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’

Make no excuse; you disbelieved after you had believed”

[al-Tawbah 9:65-66]

Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Making fun of Allaah, His Signs and His Messenger is kufr (disbelief) and the one who does that disbelieves thereby after he had believed.

The same applies to making fun of some Sunnahs, an action which is widespread, such as making fun of the beard and the hijaab, or of shortening one’s garment, etc.

Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in al-Majmoo’ al-Thameen, 1/63:
“The matters of Divine Lordship, Prophethood, Revelation and religion are sacred matters which are to be venerated. It is not permissible for anyone to show disrespect towards them, whether by mocking them to make others laugh or to poke fun at them. If anyone does that, he is a kaafir, because this is indicative of his disrespect towards Allaah and His Messengers, Books and Laws. Whoever does that has to repent to Allaah for what he has done, because that is a kind of hypocrisy. So he has to repent to Allaah, seek His forgiveness, mend his ways and develop fear of Allaah, veneration towards Him and love for Him in his heart. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

2 – The jokes should only be truthful.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Woe to the one who tells lies to make people laugh, woe to him.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, warning against this kind of behaviour which some jokers are accustomed to: “A man may say something to make his companions laugh, and he will fall into Hell as far as the Pleiades because of it.” (Narrated by Ahmad).

3 – Not scaring people

Especially those who are very energetic or strong, or who are holding a weapon or a piece of iron, or who take advantage of the darkness and people’s weakness to use that as a means of scaring and alarming them. It was narrated that Abu Layla said: “The companions of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that they were travelling with the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and a man among them fell asleep. Some of them got a rope and tied him up, and he got scared. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘It is not permissible for a Muslim to frighten another Muslim.’” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

4 – Mocking people by winking behind their backs or making snide remarks

People vary in their ability to understand things and in their characters. Some weak people, those who like to make fun of others and wink behind their backs or make snide remarks, may find a person to be an object of fun for them and the butt of their jokes – Allaah forbid.
Allaah has forbidden such behaviour in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“O you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women, it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames.
How bad is it to insult one’s brother after having Faith”

[al-Hujuraat 49:11]

Ibn Katheer said in his Tafseer: “What is meant here is looking down on them, belittling them or making fun of them. This is haraam and is counted as one of the characteristics of the hypocrites.

Some people make fun of a person’s appearance, manner of walking or vehicle. But there is the fear that Allaah may requite the one who makes fun of others because of that. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Do not express malicious joy towards your brother’s misfortune, for Allaah may have mercy on him and you may be stricken by the thing you made fun of.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned against mocking people and hurting their feelings, because that is the path that leads to hatred and grudges. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Muslim is the brother of another Muslim, he does not wrong him, let him down or look down upon him. Taqwa (piety, awareness and fear of Allaah) is here” – and he pointed to his chest three times – “It is sufficient evil for a man to look down upon his Muslim brother. Every Muslim is sacred to another Muslim, his blood, his property and his honour.
” (Narrated by Muslim)

5 – The jokes should not be excessive.

Some people joke too much and it becomes a habit for them. This is the opposite of the serious nature which is the characteristic of the believers. Joking is a break, a rest from ongoing seriousness and striving; it is a little relaxation for the soul. ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “Fear joking, for it is folly and generates grudges.

Imaam al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The kind of joking which is forbidden is that which is excessive and persistent, for it leads to too much laughter and hardening of the heart, it distracts from remembrance of Allaah, and it often leads to hurt feelings, generates hatred and causes people to lose respect and dignity. But whoever is safe from such dangers, then that which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to do is permissible for him.

6 – Acknowledging people’s status

Some people may joke with everyone indiscriminately, but scholars and the elderly have rights, so you have to be aware of the character of the person with whom you are dealing. You should not joke with ignorant people, fools or people whom you do not know.

With regard to this matter, ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez said: “Fear joking, for it undermines chivalry and manliness.”

Sa’d ibn Abi Waqqaas said: “Set a limit to your jokes, for going to extremes makes you lose respect and incites the foolish against you.”

7 – The amount of joking should be like the amount of salt in one’s food.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Do not laugh too much, for laughing too much deadens the heart.
” (Saheeh al-Jaami’, 7312)

‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Whoever laughs too much or jokes too much loses respect, and whoever persists in doing something will be known for it.

So beware of joking, for it “causes a person to lose face after he was thought of as respectable, and it brings him humiliation after esteem.

8 – It should not involve backbiting.

This is a foul sickness. Some people think that they can talk about others, and say that this is by way of joking, but it is included in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “[Backbiting is] your mentioning about your brother something that he dislikes.
” (Narrated by Muslim)

9 – Choosing appropriate times for joking.

Such as when you are taking a trip in the countryside, or attending a party in the evening, or when meeting a friend, you may relax and enjoy some gentle anecdotes, nice stories or light jokes, in order to generate friendship and instill happiness in the heart; or when family problems are taking their toll and one of the spouses is angry, some gentle joking may relieve the tension and cheer people up.

O Muslim,

A man said to Sufyaan ibn ‘Uyaynah (may Allaah be pleased with him), “Joking is not right, it is to be denounced.” He replied, “Rather it is Sunnah, but only for those who know how to do it and do it at the appropriate time.

Nowadays, although the ummah needs to increase the love between its individual members and to relieve itself of boredom, it has gone too far with regard to relaxation, laughter and jokes. This has become a habit which fills their gatherings and wastes their time, so their lives are wasted and their newspapers are filled with jokes and trivia.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much.” In Fath al-Baari it says: “What is meant by knowledge here has to do with the might of Allaah and His vengeance upon those who disobey Him, and the terrors that occur at death, in the grave and on the Day of Resurrection).

Muslim men and women have to be inclined to choose righteous and serious friends in their lives, who will help them to make good use of their time and strive for the sake of Allaah with seriousness and steadfastness, good and righteous people whose example they can follow. Bilaal ibn Sa’d said: “I saw them [the Sahaabah] jokingly pretending to fight over some goods, and laughing with one another, but when night came they were like monks.

Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) was asked, “Did the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.

So you have to follow the example of such people, who were knights by day and monks (i.e., devoted worshippers) by night.

May Allaah keep us, you and our parents safe on the Day of the Greatest Terror, those to whom the call will go out on that great Day:

“Enter Paradise, no fear shall be on you, nor shall you grieve”

[al-A’raaf 7:49 – interpretation of the meaning]

May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and all his family and companions.

By ‘Abd al-Malik al-Qaasim.

Insecured soul
07-25-2010, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Unknown
I'm sorry if this is a foolish thread to some of you, my brothers and sisters (smile).

Based on the Qur'aan and the Sunna, I can say that a Muslim should be content and grateful to Allah with what he/she has whether they were rich or poor.

However, based on a hadeeht, laughing hardens hearts. And we should also expect "bad" realities coming up (death, resurrection, etc..).

So, based on teh Qur'aan and the Sunna, should we be happy? Then why all these smile faces, etc..? All this happiness from you guys, it makes me depressed.

death, resurrection is a bad reality for athiest, they believe in a process called duality, death as opposite of life, wealth and poverty, health and weakness, we as muslims believe whatever u will face is from allah to test u

allah azzawajal created life and death to test us.

a mumin will always be happy no matter what circumstances he is in, coz he will know that these trials are from allah to test him

we are not asked to be grief stricken if thats what u want???? yes in the time of distress we remember allah more than normal but grief is not something to be sought after

salaam alaikum

Sister Unknown
07-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Tornment in grave? I think is for Muslims too, I'll search ,inshAllah.

{ لَتَرْكَبُنَّ طَبَقاً عَن طَبقٍ }

you will surely journey (tarkabunna is actually tarkabūnanna, but the nūn of the indicative has been omitted because of two identical letters following one another, and the wāw [is omitted] because of two unvocalised consonants coming together), from stage to stage, state after state, namely, death, then life, then what comes afterwards of the states at the Resurrection.

92. Az-Zubair bin 'Adi said: We went to Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) and complained to him of suffering at the hands of Al-Hajjaj. He replied: "Show endurance, for no time will come but will be followed by one worse (than the present one) till you meet your Rubb. I heard this from your Prophet (PBUH)".

[Al-Bukhari].

Commentary: This Hadith contains the prediction that with the passage of time, conditions will become from bad to worse with the result that rulers would become more and more cruel. In such circumstances, the remedy suggested here is that rather than making any effort to reform the rulers, one should try to reform oneself and worry to make one's own life in the Hereafter, and endure patiently the tyrannies perpetrated by the rulers.

93. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Hasten to do good deeds before you are overtaken by one of the seven afflictions." Then (giving a warning) he said, "Are you waiting for such poverty which will make you unmindful of devotion; or prosperity which will make you corrupt, or disease as will disable you, or such senility as will make you mentally unstable, or sudden death, or Ad-Dajjal who is the worst expected absent, or the Hour, and the Hour will be most grievous and most bitter".

[At-Tirmidhi].
Commentary: The purpose of this Hadith is that before overcoming of the obstructions, one should do one's best to improve his Hereafter by means of good deeds lest one is deprived of good deeds by some obstruction.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
07-25-2010, 11:16 AM
well you know what they say, if i wasn't laughing id be crying lol.

Sister Unknown
07-25-2010, 02:05 PM
fALSE. tHERE IS A MIDDLE........

nousername
07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
smiling is a sunnah. and also when Allah Most High gives us good things in life, who are we to not be pleased and happy? obviously not forgetting the day of judgement, our islamic duties or anything like that.

Sister Unknown
07-25-2010, 10:59 PM
smiling and laughing are two different things.

Baraq Allahu Fiqhum, thnaks.

nousername
07-25-2010, 11:48 PM
you said "to be happy"... and also how can you avoid laughing when you play with your precious children, or a friend is cheering you up, etc.....?

Ummu Sufyaan
07-26-2010, 04:53 AM

wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.
interesting question. i think its important to find out exactly what it means by "laughter" in the hadith? could it mean excessive laughter?

another thing, is that happiness can sometimes be something involuntary meaning we cant help laughing and be happy. so im not sure how one is supposed to stop themselves form laughing when seeing/hearing something funny?

the smile faces could just be a reflection and/or explanation of ones mood in case something comes across a certain way that isn't meant to be intended.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Yes a Muslim should be Happy, He should Smile! As Smiling is an act of Charity.
I foud this:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Charity is prescribed for each descendant of Adam every day the sun rises." He was then asked: "From what do we give charity every day?" The Prophet answered: "The doors of goodness are many...enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing harm from the road, listening to the deaf, leading the blind, guiding one to the object of his need, hurrying with the strength of one's legs to one in sorrow who is asking for help, and supporting the feeble with the strength of one's arms--all of these are charity prescribed for you." He also said: "Your smile for your brother is charity." - Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 98

marwen
07-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Assalamu Alaykom,

I don't think smiling is wrong. And I don't think laughing is haram, and our teeth are not a'wra the last time I checked so no problem to show them and laugh. ;D

Nothing wrong with being happy and laughing.

The prophet Salla Allahu Aalayhi wa Sallam used to laugh too; sometimes till his front teeth were exposed...
Hadhrat Abu Dhar reported that the Prophet (s) said: "I know the last of inhabitants of Paradise to enter it and the last of the inhabitants of Hell to come out it. He is a man who would be brought on the Day of Resurrection and it will be said: Present his minor sins to him, and withhold from him his serious sins. Then the minor sins would be placed before him, and it would be said: On such and such day you did so and so and on such and such day you did so and so. He would say: Yes. It will not be possible for him to deny, while he would be afraid lest serious sins should be presented before him. It would be said to him: In place of every evil deed you will have good deed. He will (then) say: My Lord! I have done things that I do not see here." I indeed saw the Messenger of Allah laugh till his front teeth were exposed. [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 1, #365]

Even Allah, yes Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala laughs too, of course Allah's laughter is known, but the howness (how) of his laughter is unknown :
"Indeed, Allah is happier with the repentance of his 'abd (worshipper) than any one of you is with finding his lost riding camel." (Agreed upon it by al-Bukhari and Muslim)

"Allah laughs about two men who kill each other but both enter paradise [See the Note below]." (Agreed upon it by al-Bukhari and Muslim)
Note : The meaning of this hadith is that a believer goes to war with unbelievers, and a non-believer kills the believer Muslim so he enters Paradise because of him losing his life for the sake of Allah, however, after that the non-believer accepts Islam and becomes a believer then dies as a true believer, and he in turn enters Paradise, so the killer and the killed enter Paradise. This indicates to us the Mercy, Favor and Generosity of Allah to His creatures.

A muslim should have a time for reflection about the aakhira and death and to work. And he also must have a time for entertainment when he feels happy. A good muslim should balance between these tow extremes. If he sticks to one extreme all the time he becomes psychologically Ill : laughing all the time, or depressed all the time.

Vigno
07-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Asalamu Alekum

Alahuma Sali wa salim ala Saeeda Muhammed wa ala alihi wa sahbihi wa salam

Being happy is something that all muslims should feel, when we think of all the blessings Allah has bestowed upon us all, not only muslims but all human beings. As for laughing, one is to not avoid laughing, but rather avoid exaggerating in it. How to do that? I think that when one thinks of Allah all the time and speaks to Him in ones self, then the fear of Him subhanah wa taalah will be enough inshallah to do that. So to all my brothers and sisters in Islam i say, live your life in the right way and be happy and at the same time dont forget about Allah and obey Him in all. May Allah guide us all. :)

Asalamu alekum

Ansariyah
07-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Being genuinely happy is a blessing bestowed by Allah, Smiling comes from a good feeling inside the heart, that comes also from Allah. Alhamdulilah theres nothing wrong with being happy.

Allah will all judge us according to our intentions inshaAllah.

Sister Unknown
07-26-2010, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.
interesting question. i think its important to find out exactly what it means by "laughter" in the hadith? could it mean excessive laughter?

another thing, is that happiness can sometimes be something involuntary meaning we cant help laughing and be happy. so im not sure how one is supposed to stop themselves form laughing when seeing/hearing something funny?

the smile faces could just be a reflection and/or explanation of ones mood in case something comes across a certain way that isn't meant to be intended.
I never said we can't laugh guys. I'll read the replies later. I think it is about exessive laughter. It's not for us to say what the Sunna is and what not. There is legilated Sunna, etc...

Rulings apply. If I was to laugh, or smile ata non-mahram???????

glo
07-26-2010, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
smiling is a sunnah. and also when Allah Most High gives us good things in life, who are we to not be pleased and happy?
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Yes a Muslim should be Happy, He should Smile! As Smiling is an act of Charity.
Asalamu alekum
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Being genuinely happy is a blessing bestowed by Allah, Smiling comes from a good feeling inside the heart, that comes also from Allah. Alhamdulilah theres nothing wrong with being happy.

Allah will all judge us according to our intentions inshaAllah.
I agree with those statements.
It is only natural that being content and grateful with what God has given someone should be reflected on ones face.

Would God want us to be miserable and sad all the time?

What kind of example did Muhammad set? I seem to remember that he was a cheerful and joyful man.
Any thoughts?

sabr*
07-27-2010, 02:37 PM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Allah outlines in Surah Al-Wâqi'ah 56 those who will enjoy and experience bliss (happiness) and those who will not. Allah acknowledges the human element of happiness.

There are some who are just not happy with life and assume implementing Islam is with mad emotion. A persons cultural upbringing or the method of immersion in the application of Islam dictates how they apply Islam. It can be cultural or just a persons personality or lack there of. A sincere practicing Muslim can be happy and serious about the din without being a clown.

A Muslim can ostracize themselves with the new found fervor when looking at the din (way of life) from a new lens. Islam is for human beings and not robots.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 114:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I never saw the Prophet laughing to an extent that one could see his palate, but he always used to smile only.
__________________________________________________ _____________________
The practice of some would have you think that the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) was never happy or directed to be happy.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 59, Number 351:

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

That 'Amr bin Auf, who was an ally of Bani 'Amir bin Luai and one of those who fought at Badr in the company of the Prophet , said, "Allah's Apostle sent Abu 'Ubaida bin Al-Jarrah to Bahrain to bring the Jizya taxation from its people, for Allah's Apostle had made a peace treaty with the people of Bahrain and appointed Al-'Ala' bin Al-Hadrami as their ruler. So, Abu 'Ubaida arrived with the money from Bahrain. When the Ansar heard of the arrival of Abu 'Ubaida (on the next day) they offered the morning prayer with the Prophet and when the morning prayer had finished, they presented themselves before him. On seeing the Ansar, Allah's Apostle smiled and said, "I think you have heard that Abu 'Ubaida has brought something?" They replied, "Indeed, it is so, O Allah's Apostle!" He said, "Be happy, and hope for what will please you. By Allah, I am not afraid that you will be poor, but I fear that worldly wealth will be bestowed upon you as it was bestowed upon those who lived before you. So you will compete amongst yourselves for it, as they competed for it and it will destroy you as it did them."

This reply was submitted with the best intentions and construction.

Jazakumullahu Khair

Sister Unknown
07-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I disllike non-Muslims posting under my threads, thanks. Unless if it was for the intention to learn Islam.

JazzakAllahu Khayr sabr nad the rest.

marwen
07-27-2010, 04:16 PM
I disllike non-Muslims posting under my threads, thanks. Unless if it was for the intention to learn Islam.
Assalamu A'alaykom.

I think the General section is viewed by a big number of non-muslims as well as the Comparative Religion section, so you may want to avoid posting threads there if you like to address them to muslims only, use other sections in the General Forums, or use the Learn About Islam Forums.
Also in some specific sections, there may be some delay due moderation time before your posts/threads appear.

wa'alaykom assalam.

glo
07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
What kind of example did Muhammad set? I seem to remember that he was a cheerful and joyful man.
Any thoughts?
I found this hadith in another thread:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 114:

Narrated 'Aisha:

I never saw the Prophet laughing to an extent that one could see his palate, but he always used to smile only.
Sister Unknown, I am sorry that you do not wish for non-Muslims to post in your thread. I hope you don't mind me posting this hadith, as I think it is very relevant to your question.

As marwen said, this is a public forum and Muslims and non-Muslims alike can post.
The mods have set aside other forums, where only Muslims can post.
You might want to apply to the sister's section (although you need 300 posts before you can apply).
In the meantime the 'Advice and Support' forum is probably best for you (As long as the topic of your thread fits into that category. I think this one, for example, would fit quite nicely). Only Muslims (who are members in the gender-specific sections) can post there. that means you cannot yourself post in other peoples' threads - but you can start your own thread, which will only be replied to by other Muslims).
I hope that helps!

Salaam :)

Rhubarb Tart
07-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Sometimes I wonder why some people feel the need to display their bigoted behaviour. I don’t see the problem with Glo posting. I hope you don’t take offence to my comment. I am merely suggesting that you are over reacting and your dislike toward non Muslims is palpable.

Back to topic:
Why shouldn’t a Muslim be happy? It is the only way to keep me sane. I think is particularly important to be happy around children.

Muslimeen
07-28-2010, 01:04 PM

I sometimes feel like leaving this forum for precisely this reason. This is not what muslims do, we are supposed to be setting an example. This is not Islam and not what Nabi Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam has taught us. I have said it before and I am saying it again, adopt the character of Muhammad Sallalahu Allaihi Wassalam and people will enter the fold of Islam in droves, there won't even be a need for forums like these. I can understand when someone is being insultful that you may retaliate out of emotion, but this is highly uncalled for. May allah guide us. Ameen.

Allah has said in The Qur'an "Tolerate patiently what they (the unbeliever) say and part from them in a polite manner" (73:10).

The Prophet

has said "Modesty is part of faith" (Bukhari and Muslim). The person is never arrogant or rude because he/she knows that everything on earth belongs to Allah and he/she knows that everything one has is from Allah, so there's no reason to be proud and boastful.

Sister Unknown
07-28-2010, 03:52 PM
There are some sicussions, called "Islamic discussions." Under Islamic discussions, the kuffar cannot give Islamic discussions.

Sometimes I wonder why some people feel the need to display their bigoted behaviour. I don’t see the problem with Glo posting. I hope you don’t take offence to my comment. I am merely suggesting that you are over reacting and your dislike toward non Muslims is palpable.
I think you're accusing me of something you're doing, sister. Under my methology, we make complete friendship towad the believers, and complete enmity toward disbelievers.

Salam

Sister Unknown
07-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Sister Unknown, I am sorry that you do not wish for non-Muslims to post in your thread. I hope you don't mind me posting this hadith, as I think it is very relevant to your question.
Dear sister in humanity. Since our paths are different, our ways are also separate. Muslims must be very careful in aquiring teachings that are from a perfect path. Otherwise, we will go astray. Christians belong with Christians. Muslims belong with Muslims.

I am sure tha tyou are here to give a call to a Christian path. I am here to benefit from Muslims and so tehy benefit from me.
You will never be satisified with me until I follow your way.
I hopw you understand.

Asiyah3
07-28-2010, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
:sl:

You don't see a problem? Did you or she make this thread? As far as I can see the members can limit their own threads.

However, Sister unknown could have mentioned her wish in the opening post. Also as brother Marwen said the General and the comparative religion sections are read by many non-Muslims. Hence, it's better for her to use a different section.

:w:

glo
07-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Greetings Sister Unknown

I doubt that you can possibly be sure of my reasons for being here, but that aside I understand your perception that our paths are different.

However, in four years in this forum have I never come across a situation where a thread-starter could stipulate who was allowed to participate in his/her thread and who wasn't.
Based on that I respectfully disagree with **muslimah** in her statement that "members can limit their own threads".

Unless I am advised by mods to the contrary I will continue to post in those forum areas which are open to me, if I so wish.

I make no apologies for that, as I believe I am acting within the forum rules. If people disagree, please refer the issue to the mods.

Perhaps the problem could be solved by the mods moving this particular thread to the Advice and Support section?

Salaam

aadil77
07-28-2010, 06:32 PM

Sis if you want to limit your threads to muslim only, then post them in the muslim only forum

Asiyah3
07-28-2010, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
However, in four years in this forum have I never come across a situation where a thread-starter could stipulate who was allowed to participate in his/her thread and who wasn't.
Based on that I respectfully disagree with **muslimah** in her statement that "members can limit their own threads".
However, you have come across threads where the thread-starter has wished or requested replies from a certain people, like reverts or knowledgeable members? Similarly, I don't see anything wrong with a member asking advice or info from those who've experienced the same situation as him/her.

Edit: I'm sorry, perhaps I framed it wrong. ^^ Anyway, there's A&S section for Muslims only.

Sister Unknown
07-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Greetings Sister Unknown

I doubt that you can possibly be sure of my reasons for being here, but that aside I understand your perception that our paths are different.

Unless I am advised by mods to the contrary I will continue to post in those forum areas which are open to me, if I so wish.

I make no apologies for that, as I believe I am acting within the forum rules. If people disagree, please refer the issue to the mods.

Perhaps the problem could be solved by the mods moving this particular thread to the Advice and Support section?

Salaam
I apologize if I have done injustice. It was a simple request, a bit straightforard. Islam is a straightforward religion.

May I ask what your purpose here is? Just curious since you seemed offended by what I've said.

Rhubarb Tart
07-28-2010, 10:49 PM
There are some sicussions, called "Islamic discussions." Under Islamic discussions, the kuffar cannot give Islamic discussions.

I think you're accusing me of something you're doing, sister. Under my methology, we make complete friendship towad the believers, and complete enmity toward disbelievers.

Salam
Salam

I don’t know how you managed to live in society where majority are non Muslims if you can’t handle one post made by non Muslim.

And it is clearly your fault for not stating your intention at the beginning of the topic.

One post or several posts from non Muslim doesn’t mean you are friends with them. Patience and tolerance is the key here.

Rhubarb Tart
07-28-2010, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by **muslimah**
:sl:

You don't see a problem? Did you or she make this thread? As far as I can see the members can limit their own threads.

However, Sister unknown could have mentioned her wish in the opening post. Also as brother Marwen said the General and the comparative religion sections are read by many non-Muslims. Hence, it's better for her to use a different section.

:w:
So what if I did not make this thread? I made earlier thread asking Muslims to make duas for fellow Muslim, Glo posted there. Did I have heart attack over it? No...

Sister Unknown
07-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Salam

I don’t know how you managed to live in society where majority are non Muslims if you can’t handle one post made by non Muslim.

And it is clearly your fault for not stating your intention at the beginning of the topic.

One post or several posts from non Muslim doesn’t mean you are friends with them. Patience and tolerance is the key here.
Sweet heart, I understand. I can respect your viewpoint. Now, off topic! The answer to the question has been given. I pray I have not offended.

Rhubarb Tart
07-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Sweet heart, I understand. I can respect your viewpoint. Now, off topic! The answer to the question has been given. I pray I have not offended.
:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:p

Back to topic

Happy?

hmm

Obviously one cannot overly express happiness in front of those in hardship or display sadness. That would be insensitive of course.
Since Ramadan is coming up, I think being happy is one to get through it. Being sad and complaining would mean you dislike serving Allah (swt).

Best Regards,
sweet106

Sister Unknown
07-28-2010, 11:06 PM
:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie:p

Back to topic

Happy?

hmm

Obviously one cannot overly express happiness in front of those in hardship or display sadness. That would be insensitive of course.
Since Ramadan is coming up, I think being happy is one to get through it. Being sad and complaining would mean you dislike serving Allah (swt).

Best Regards,
sweet106
Good respnse, jazzakAllahu Khayr. may Allah grant us all jennah ...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!