/* */

PDA

View Full Version : qn about Barsisa, The Worshipper

Ummu Sufyaan
07-25-2010, 10:17 AM
:sl:
i would like to know from which scholar and book this story has been derived from? any ideas?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-25-2010, 12:21 PM

At least, there are two versions of story about Barsisa. The difference is in the beginning of these stories. But if version that you mean is the version which Barsisa became 'tabib' who cured disease, this was narrated by Ibn Abbas r.a.

aadil77
07-25-2010, 01:22 PM
what about bashira the christian monk? did he really see the mark of prophethood on rasulullah?

ardianto
07-25-2010, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
what about bashira the christian monk? did he really see the mark of prophethood on rasulullah?
Do you mean Bahira (Buhaira) ?.

Different person, bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-25-2010, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Do you mean Bahira (Buhaira) ?.

Different person, bro.
oh yh it is bahira - but do you if its a true story? I can't find any references for it

ardianto
07-25-2010, 01:57 PM
oh yh it is bahira - but do you if its a true story? I can't find any references for it
a reference : http://www.islamiclandmarks.com/syri...monastery.html

aadil77
07-25-2010, 03:13 PM
JazakhAllah khair, but do we have any hadith confirming this story? what was the original source for it?

ardianto
07-25-2010, 04:46 PM
JazakhAllah khair, but do we have any hadith confirming this story? what was the original source for it?
Wa iyakum.

There is long hadith about this story that narrated by Jumhur Ulama Sirah, and clasified as Sahih (authentic) by Imam Tirmidzi.

ardianto
07-25-2010, 04:48 PM
To Ummu Sufyaan.

Sorry if this thread has been derailed.
Okay, now we back to story about Barsisa, a worshipper who died as kafir.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-26-2010, 04:30 AM
Okay, now we back to story about Barsisa, a worshipper who died as kafir.
yes, what is the exact source of this story? what book has it been taken from, and who is the author of that book?

ardianto
07-26-2010, 04:51 AM

At least, there are two versions of story about Barsisa. The difference is in the beginning of these stories. But if version that you mean is the version which Barsisa became 'tabib' who cured disease, this was narrated by Ibn Abbas r.a.
I found third version of this story and I guess I will find fourth, fifth, ..... versions.

ardianto
07-26-2010, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan

yes, what is the exact source of this story? what book has it been taken from, and who is the author of that book?
There are few versions of this story and maybe (or must be) these stories were written in more than one book by more than one author.

But my current conclusion, the original version of story of Barsisa the worshipper is a story from Bani Israil during pre-Islam periode, or even from period before the birth of Christ.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!