/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How To Sound Proof Your Bedroom Window

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 07:12 PM
and get that much needed sleep!

After two night of blasting the fan on full power to deaden the noise of music from outside, I decided enough was enough, and that inshaAllah nothing was going to stop me from sound-proofing my bedroom window. So after a few minutes of googling, I found something called window plugs. Basically these are boards which fit into the window recess and the best thing is you can make them yourself. It's cheaper than secondary glazing, and you can take it off when you don't need it.

Well read here and follow the link in the reply. I don't know about anyone else but for me it's a dream come true. :statisfie

http://soundservice.keepitquiet.co.u...roof_my_window

http://www.keepitquiet.co.uk/basic_w...dproofing.html

http://www.keepitquiet.co.uk/basic_w...dproofing.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
07-25-2010, 08:09 PM
Good Good!!!

Do you have anything for doors?

From my window side there is nothing wrong, but sometimes those naughty nephews and nieces make some noise when they gather in the living room and that make me nervous and prevent me from having a good sleep <_<

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing some geeky info about sound proof bedrooms, indeed they can come in help sometimes in our blessed lives.

We dont wanna listen to Music about others depressing lives now do we ? nooo a huge no no SubhaanAllaah

Hope people benefit from this thread InshaAllaah Indeed

PouringRain
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Tell us if it works after you do it. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
07-25-2010, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Good Good!!!

Do you have anything for doors?

From my window side there is nothing wrong, but sometimes those naughty nephews and nieces make some noise when they gather in the living room and that make me nervous and prevent me from having a good sleep <_<
Aw sis. Children have such high pitched voice. I empathise. I really do. The good news is you can sound proof doors too. If requires a bit of effort but it's worth it. I'll find the site where I read about that inshaAllah.

format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Jazakallahu Khaayr for sharing some geeky info about sound proof bedrooms, indeed they can come in help sometimes in our blessed lives.
We dont wanna listen to Music about others depressing lives now do we ? nooo a huge no no SubhaanAllaah
Hope people benefit from this thread InshaAllaah Indeed
Wa iyyaki sis. Hope someone does indeed benefit from knowing this inshaAllah

oh and welcome back dear sweet sis : )

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Tell us if it works after you do it. :)
God willing, you bet I will sis. I might even paint a picture on it as I'm thinking it will look pretty ugly : x

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
I just noticed some soundproofing ads on IB. How did they get there at the same time I made a thread about it? That's spooky. Google's spying on me :uuh:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
^Jazakallahu Khaayr sis and welcome back to you too:D

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Wa iyyaki but where did I go? =O

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-25-2010, 11:04 PM
^sorry cant repp you, well i havent seen you for some time, thats why lol

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I've been here regularly. You must mean on msn? I don't do msn unless I need to get hold of someone lol

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-25-2010, 11:38 PM
i mean here LI lol but yeah Msn too hmmm
What if someone needs to get hold of you?

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh my! I found a sound proof door. Check this out sis Danah

http://www.5min.com/Video/Installing...-Door-18630611

http://www.ehow.co.uk/video_4971320_...m-cheaply.html

Danah
07-25-2010, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Aw sis. Children have such high pitched voice. I empathise. I really do. The good news is you can sound proof doors too. If requires a bit of effort but it's worth it. I'll find the site where I read about that inshaAllah.
JazakiAllah khair dear sis. and yeah its really annoying when they pass my door chasing each other and screaming lol. I wonder why they can't run silently those naughty kids <_< but they are cute anyways :)

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 11:49 PM
i mean here LI lol but yeah Msn too hmmm
What if someone needs to get hold of you?
PM me. I can see the IB thumbnail on my Google homepage. So I can always see if there's messages.

Danah
07-25-2010, 11:56 PM
JazakiAllah khair sis, and thanks a lot for the link in the rep too :)
I am watching the videos now!

Snowflake
07-25-2010, 11:58 PM

JazakiAllah khair dear sis. and yeah its really annoying when they pass my door chasing each other and screaming lol. I wonder why they can't run silently those naughty kids <_< but they are cute anyways :)
Wa iyyaki! Bless you, you brought back some memories. We used to play in our hallway lol. But we'd play blind-man's-bluff, so we'd have to be quiet to avoid being caught. It's a tag game but the person who is 'on' is blind-folded. Introduce your nieces & nephews to that and give them a special blind fold lol. Ours was a plastic fire-man's hat we'd bought on a seaside trip. It protected our faces too. Especially my brother's when his head went to the glass door lolsss! Ohh I feel like playing it now lol : E

Snowflake
07-26-2010, 12:00 AM

JazakiAllah khair sis, and thanks a lot for the link in the rep too :)
I am watching the videos now!
mashaAllah sis. hope you find them beneficial inshaAllah :statisfie

Danah
07-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Wa iyyaki! Bless you, you brought back some memories. We used to play in our hallway lol. But we'd play blind-man's-bluff, so we'd have to be quiet to avoid being caught. It's a tag game but the person who is 'on' is blind-folded. Introduce your nieces & nephews to that and give them a special blind fold lol. Ours was a plastic fire-man's hat we'd bought on a seaside trip. It protected our faces too. Especially my brother's when his head went to the glass door lolsss! Ohh I feel like playing it now lol : E
lol thats really nice funny, thanks for the laugh, there is nothing like childhood memories!

And don't worry they are aware of all games like those, and even invent some new ones!!
and yeah we too used to play blind-man's-bluff by stealing mom's scarf to act as a blind fold lol

your brother was very lucky that the hat came in very handy to him :)

On topic:I just finished watching videos. Doors sound proofing is way harder than windows!!:exhausted

Snowflake
07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
^lol mashaAllah!

@soundproofing doors.. I know it's bit more tricky than doing windows, but once done it's there for good. Alternatively you can hang heavy drapes on both sides of the door. This will prevent some noise from getting through. But are the children playing like this when you're trying to sleep at night, or day time? If it's night they should be in bed grrr.

Dagless
07-26-2010, 01:19 PM
Cheaper alternative.

Raudha
07-26-2010, 01:45 PM
SUBHANALLAH!!!! My sister needs to see this thread *Runs off to get hold of BintAbee*

Snowflake
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
^lol

:wa:

Raudha
07-26-2010, 02:16 PM
:) Seriously, she has it bad. In fact, I think she'll need tips on how to soundproof your ceiling as well. Because in the first match of the world cup, when SA scored a goal, the people in the apartment above her were stamping their feet on the ground :ooh:

:nervous: :X :X :offtopic: :X :X :nervous:

:w:

Snowflake
07-26-2010, 04:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
:) Seriously, she has it bad. In fact, I think she'll need tips on how to soundproof your ceiling as well. Because in the first match of the world cup, when SA scored a goal, the people in the apartment above her were stamping their feet on the ground :ooh:

:nervous: :X :X :offtopic: :X :X :nervous:

:w:
Yes you can sound proof the whole room, house, anywhere you like.. but the world cup is over now, does she still need sound proofing?

BintAbee
07-26-2010, 05:02 PM
:sl: everyone

Lol Raudha you can be dramatic :giggling:. But yeah that's true you didn't have to watch any match to know when the goals were scored <_<. About this sound proof thing, Alhamdulillah I chased those noisy people away at the beginning of the year so hopefully this Ramadhaan will be more peaceful Insha Allah, so I won't need to use any sound proofing. Jazakillah Khair for the info sis Scents, Barakallah feeki :)

Danah
07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
But are the children playing like this when you're trying to sleep at night, or day time? If it's night they should be in bed grrr.
lol no
they make noise when they meet each other in the weekend when my brother's family visit us, and yeah its on the time I am trying to take a nap afternoon.

format_quote Originally Posted by Raudha
Because in the first match of the world cup, when SA scored a goal, the people in the apartment above her were stamping their feet on the ground :ooh:
lol I can imagine that! people get crazy when they watch matches

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BintAbee
:sl: everyone

Lol Raudha you can be dramatic :giggling:. But yeah that's true you didn't have to watch any match to know when the goals were scored <_<. About this sound proof thing, Alhamdulillah I chased those noisy people away at the beginning of the year so hopefully this Ramadhaan will be more peaceful Insha Allah, so I won't need to use any sound proofing. Jazakillah Khair for the info sis Scents, Barakallah feeki :)
wa iyyaki and al hamdulillah for that!

lol no
they make noise when they meet each other in the weekend when my brother's family visit us, and yeah its on the time I am trying to take a nap afternoon.
aw ok mashaAllah.. I was thinking about your problem and remembered reading about something called white noise machines. But I find my fan works well. But then the source of noise isn't outside my bedroom door. A white noise machine might work better. Personally I'd banish the kids to some place else in the house. You are one patient sis mashaAllah.

http://www.sleepwellbaby.com/Basic-W...ines-s/463.htm

White noise is the noise created when all audible frequencies of sound are combined at the same time and the same density. It is similar in nature to white light, which occurs when all the colors of the spectrum are brought together. White noise incorporates over 20,000 frequencies. Also called white sound, white noise is used primarily as a sleep or relaxation aid.

The actual sound produced by white noise is comparable to rainfall or ocean waves. It is a gentle tone that can be found in nature. Because white noise combines all frequencies of sound ranging from very low tones to high pitches, it is very useful in masking other noises and sounds....... Fans and radio stations with no broadcast are often used as white noise simulators, providing a soothing sound that blocks out other background noises.

Muslim Woman
07-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Salaam

. Google's spying on me :uuh:
hurry sis, hide Attachment 4133

btw if u close the window all the night , won't u feel suffocated ?

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

hurry sis, hide Attachment 4133

btw if u close the window all the night , won't u feel suffocated ?
lol no ukhti.. the fan sees I don't feel suffocated. But it's been cool for a few days now. Shall I tell you how to optimize the use of your fan? Absolutely soak as much as yourself as you can, and then just let the fan do it job. You will feel you're sitting in the arctic haha!

What is attachment 4133? :-[

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Wow you sistahs keeping the thread busy aye!

Keep it up!

*walks off minding her own Business*:-\

Life_Is_Short
07-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Noisy neighbours really affect the quality of one's life. You should complain. My brother lives in a flat and the upstairs neighbours play loud music at 7 am. I don't know what their problem but it's really annoying.

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Wow you sistahs keeping the thread busy aye!

Keep it up!

*walks off minding her own Business*:-\
aw ukhti you're a partner in our business too lol

format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
Noisy neighbours really affect the quality of one's life. You should complain. My brother lives in a flat and the upstairs neighbours play loud music at 7 am. I don't know what their problem but it's really annoying.
Didn't your brother complain? Al hamdulillah my problem isn't my neighbours. It's a venue down the road. I rang the owners twice and they said they can't do anything as its the people who hire the place who play the music. I wanted to ask if I could hire it to grow cannabis. But ikhlaaq stopped me. Seriously out of all the excuses - and from muslims too!

Muslim Woman
07-28-2010, 12:18 AM
Salaam

What is attachment 4133? :-[
huh , offering u a hiding place from google. Dont know why image is coming as attachment. Do u think google is doing something ? :omg:

Attachment 4134

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!