/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A living shaitaan in my house

Insecured soul
07-26-2010, 01:12 AM
i must say im tired

whenever i come home i see my bro or my dad sitting in front of the television :(

sometimes watching movies and indian news which only include rape, murder, stealing, corruption, filmstars lifestyle and all crappy things which u can name

in fact here indian news channel dramatize news event and telecast and this is so stupid, they just want attention from audience because they want just money.... why??? because they worship MONEY

then sometimes they watch movies, which i cant stand watching all these stupid actors doing stupid things

im extremely tired and i dont know how to get this living and talking shaitaan "TV" out of the house

well i cant do that since its my dads house

i dont know what to do

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
07-26-2010, 09:30 AM
I often imagine a world without a TV and a PC, what would people do with their time instead? We'd probably read Qur'an gain knowledge do beneficial things. The TV is a big distraction.

Ummu Sufyaan
07-26-2010, 09:52 AM
:sl:
don't watch it? talk to your dad and brother? try do something together like go out places to divert their attention away from the tv.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum. .

Well i dont think everything on the TV is Haraam i mean unless your watching something beneficial, like besides the news, movies and stuff thats not beneficial. You can watch try get them to watch something beneficial and trust me that may sound impossible :-\, i mean if you can try tell them this is totally pointless stuff watching news, stuff always happens in the world every single day and they put it on some news channel.
My advice is to teach them of the verses of the Quraan regarding time and make Duaa for them and have patience. Since your Dad is in your house, you should teach him about his deen and even if he is aware its a good reminder for him.

Anyways Allaah tells us that Time is something we wont use carefully, as we will be wasting a lot of time.

But celebrate the praises of thy Lord, and be of those who prostrate themselves in adoration. And serve thy Lord until there come unto thee the Hour that is certain (i.e., death). Qur'an (15:98-99)

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages), Verily Man is in loss, Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy. Qur'an (103:1-3)

Narrated Abdullah Bin Mas`ud Allah's Messenger (PBUH) said:

"A man shall be asked concerning five things on the day of resurrection: concerning his life, how he spent it; concerning his youth, how he grew old; concerning his wealth, whence he acquired it, and in what way he spent it; and what was it that he did with the knowledge that he had."

Also a hadeeth:
Ibn Abbas narrated that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:

"There are two blessings which many people lose: (They are) health and free time for doing good." (Bukhari 8/421)

Hope this Helps InshaAllaah and forgive me if i didnt make sense

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam. . .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insecured soul
07-27-2010, 01:26 AM
jazakallah for replies brothers and sisters

yes il try everything possible to get this thing out of the house

Muslimeen
07-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Unfortunately many people nowadays don't even take watching tv as a sin. They make all sorts of execuses like it's ok to watch sports etc. I know of people who watch tv in ramadaan. People go for hajj and the tv is there in their hotel rooms and when they come back the tv is on again. It never leaves you, it's like the malaikah of death, it follows you everywhere.

The worst part of it is when someone chooses not to have a television he becomes the outcast in society, people mock at him and say things like "You are too pious now" etc. What we fail do understand is as long as the tv is on the malaikah of rahmah will not enter the home. Imagine if death comes to a person at that time.
I wish all the best in trying to save your family from this fitnah, I hope allah brings them to their senses. Ameen.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-27-2010, 10:43 AM
^Brother i agree

But what if your watching an Islamic Lecture, talking about Islaam? Something related to deen, how is that then referred as Haraam?

I agree there is a lot of wrong stuff on Tv!

Muslimeen
07-27-2010, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
^Brother i agree

But what if your watching an Islamic Lecture, talking about Islaam? Something related to deen, how is that then referred as Haraam?

I agree there is a lot of wrong stuff on Tv!

Is it still not picture making?? Besides how often do people watch islamic stuff on tv?

Rhubarb Tart
07-27-2010, 01:25 PM
It depends on what you watch. I have TV but me and my son watch cartoon, documentaries (Dispatches etc) and news. If we do ever watch movies and drama, we watch the old ones lol. I personally like watching real life things. I thing you need to teach them to watch other things that are interesting not movies. You take this attitude that the TV should be out of your house then they won’t take you seriously. Encourage them to watch documentaries, Islamic channel and other news channels. I also encourage to play outside and learn more about their faith.

Muslim Woman
07-27-2010, 04:23 PM
Salaam

yes , I find TV so irritating / disturbing . People watch serials , movies , beauty contests , fashion parade by almost half naked women - it makes me feel so sad.

Fortunately there are some Islamic channels now a days. So , bro u may encourage ur family members to watch those channels.

abu_musab461
07-27-2010, 05:05 PM
you know the people who dont have a tv because they spend all their time on this forum lol

like squiggle. Haha :)

but your right akhi we would make more use of our time, the tv makes you listen to music all the time your sitting in front of it. Where as the internet is peace and quite!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-27-2010, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
Is it still not picture making?? Besides how often do people watch islamic stuff on tv?
I myself rarely watch Tv now, but if i do i try to watch something beneficial, like some islamic channel.
Bro what about the Shiekhs who come on Tv, am sure theyre aware theyre on Tv, they also come on Tv as it can be another way of spreading Dawah? Again Allaah knows best!

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 06:44 PM
I can recall many moments sitting in front of the TV, eyes full of tears, the praise of Allah on my tongue and His love in my heart. Why? Because I'm witnessing in pure awe and wonder the beauty of His creation, in a wild life program. Things I'll never see. Places I'll never visit. Moments I'll never experience. The sheer pleasure, belief yet wonder of how anything can be so beautiful and perfect for it's habitat. Humility as our reality dawns on me yet again. I can never experience all this if I were to read about these creatures in a book. People want book libraries. I want a library of CDs of wildlife programs. The TV is not the evil. If it is, then the internet is no different. In fact the internet is worse because it allows instant interaction between opposite genders.

In the recollection of the Prophet's seerah, there is a mention of rasulullah taking Aisha to see some performers who were visiting the land. The incident was highlighting the prophet's kind treatment of his wives. He carried Aisha on his back because she could not see the performers due to people in front of her blocking her view. But it also shows that such entertainment is not prohibited. So people genuinely watching sports on TV cannot be judged. The difference is in it being used or abused.

:wa:

Insecured soul
07-28-2010, 01:48 AM
well yes, if they watch something beneficial then its ok by me, but 99% they are entertaining themselves rather educating, wallahy i just cant stand anymore specially when my dad watches laughter channel on which the only thing they do is make fun and laugh with big teeth

all these mimicry artist are stupid, and trust me these indian movies are no less

last time i remember i saw this stupid abhishek bacchan in a movie and he was talking to a woman and she was muslim, he said ur a loser coz u bow ur head 5 times on the floor,

he was mocking at her and at our religion

these so called actors forget allah and think they are god its how they talk

this is all what is there in indian movies, blasphemy.......... evil of every kind, u name it they have it,

may allah protect us

Muslimeen
07-28-2010, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє

I myself rarely watch Tv now, but if i do i try to watch something beneficial, like some islamic channel.
Bro what about the Shiekhs who come on Tv, am sure theyre aware theyre on Tv, they also come on Tv as it can be another way of spreading Dawah? Again Allaah knows best!
They are learned people they should know better than I, I am not going to judge anyone, like you say allah knows best. I myself love to watch the animal documentaries, I got rid of my tv a few years ago, but still have a tv card on my pc, I intend getting rid of it before I go for hajj, insha allah.

Hamza Asadullah
07-28-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
i must say im tired

whenever i come home i see my bro or my dad sitting in front of the television :(

sometimes watching movies and indian news which only include rape, murder, stealing, corruption, filmstars lifestyle and all crappy things which u can name

in fact here indian news channel dramatize news event and telecast and this is so stupid, they just want attention from audience because they want just money.... why??? because they worship MONEY

then sometimes they watch movies, which i cant stand watching all these stupid actors doing stupid things

im extremely tired and i dont know how to get this living and talking shaitaan "TV" out of the house

well i cant do that since its my dads house

i dont know what to do
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister a person having hate for sin is a sign of imaan and a good thing but your frustrations will not do you or your family any benefit for if you want to encourage your family to go closer towards deen then you must do this in a gentle manner using wisdom and tact. You cannot jump ahead and urge your family to get rid of the TV if they are already far away from deen. Doing this will make them want to ignore you completely. That is not the right approach. You must take one step at a time. Your first step must be to try and get your family into deen and then they themselves will watch TV less or even eventually get rid of it.

Therefore work on your families imaan and get them to practice Islam properly and to go towards Allah. You can also encourage them by watching Islamic programmes and lectures together as a family as i am sure Dr Zakir Naik must have some presence on the TV in India as he does on Sky Tv with Peace TV. You must give your family dawah in a gentle and beautiful manner and never force things down their ears for that way they will never listen to you.

Also make much dua to Allah to give them guidance and you must be a good example to your family. Divert your frustrations elsewhere for shaythan is wanting to put resentment in your heart for your family so be careful of your sworn enemy and seek refuge in Allah from the evil whispers of shaythan.

Ramadaan is fast approaching, so it is the best time as any to try and encourage your family to watch more Islamic programmes on TV and to watch and listen to beneficial lectures. Whenever you are giving dawah to your family you must not do so everyday but very so often because doing so everyday will cause them to begin to want to ignore you and it will go in one ear and come out of the other.

You must also realise that guidance is not in your hands but it is in the hands of Allah so you can ONLY do the best you can towards them and leave the rest to Allah.

You must also concentrate on yourself and your own imaan and not let these frustrations get to you too much otherwise you will get distracted in your own prayers and ibaadah so make the best of your own seconds because your death may come at ANY second so get as close to Allah as you can and be the best towards your family and not frustrated towards them as this will not benefit anyone.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Insecured soul
07-29-2010, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister a person having hate for sin is a sign of imaan and a good thing but your frustrations will not do you or your family any benefit for if you want to encourage your family to go closer towards deen then you must do this in a gentle manner using wisdom and tact. You cannot jump ahead and urge your family to get rid of the TV if they are already far away from deen. Doing this will make them want to ignore you completely. That is not the right approach. You must take one step at a time. Your first step must be to try and get your family into deen and then they themselves will watch TV less or even eventually get rid of it.

Therefore work on your families imaan and get them to practice Islam properly and to go towards Allah. You can also encourage them by watching Islamic programmes and lectures together as a family as i am sure Dr Zakir Naik must have some presence on the TV in India as he does on Sky Tv with Peace TV. You must give your family dawah in a gentle and beautiful manner and never force things down their ears for that way they will never listen to you.

Also make much dua to Allah to give them guidance and you must be a good example to your family. Divert your frustrations elsewhere for shaythan is wanting to put resentment in your heart for your family so be careful of your sworn enemy and seek refuge in Allah from the evil whispers of shaythan.

Ramadaan is fast approaching, so it is the best time as any to try and encourage your family to watch more Islamic programmes on TV and to watch and listen to beneficial lectures. Whenever you are giving dawah to your family you must not do so everyday but very so often because doing so everyday will cause them to begin to want to ignore you and it will go in one ear and come out of the other.

You must also realise that guidance is not in your hands but it is in the hands of Allah so you can ONLY do the best you can towards them and leave the rest to Allah.

You must also concentrate on yourself and your own imaan and not let these frustrations get to you too much otherwise you will get distracted in your own prayers and ibaadah so make the best of your own seconds because your death may come at ANY second so get as close to Allah as you can and be the best towards your family and not frustrated towards them as this will not benefit anyone.

And Allah knows best in all matters
I understand.........

jazakallah

salam alaikum

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!