/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice...

Grofica
07-27-2010, 03:05 AM
So i am at home in vegas right now. (i am actually enjoying my home yipppeeee)

anyway we have 2 or 3 Džamija here (mosques) and I want to learn how to pray but i feel really stupid about calling and say

Hey hello my name is _____ Im muslim but im stupid and dont know how to pray is there a muslima there that would be willing to teach me.

I dont know it just sounds stupid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-27-2010, 01:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Hey hello my name is _____ Im muslim but im stupid and dont know how to pray is there a muslima there that would be willing to teach me.

Change "hey hello" into "Assalamu alaikum", and change "im stupid and" into "I".

Still sound stupid ?.

Cabdullahi
07-27-2010, 01:24 PM

anyway we have 2 or 3 Džamija here (mosques) and I want to learn how to pray but i feel really stupid about calling and say

many resources available online for you to not just learn how to pray but perfect and master it!

Cabdullahi
07-27-2010, 02:54 PM
bosnian guy eddie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza Asadullah
07-27-2010, 04:04 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, my sister do not feel embarressed or "stupid" for wanting to learn how to pray and read the Qur'an. There is nothing "stupid" in wanting to get back your deen and get closer to Allah. Allah has given you the ability to go towards him so take the opportunity and do not let shaythan make you feel as though you are "stupid" for he is not wanting you to come towards Islam but to stay away from it. There are COUNTLESS Muslims out there who learn how to pray Salaah and MANY are much older than you are. So do not feel ashamed or embarressed but thank Allah for giving you the ability to go towards him.

I have contacted a couple of Masjids and have some numbers for you to contact:

First number for you is Sister Ugur Clare at 702-272-2844.

Also Dr. Saleha Baig at 702-686-4469 or email
salehab2005@yahoo.com

or sister Fatima at 702-336-7440
or email
a_fayed@hotmail.com

Get in touch with these sisters as they organise Islamic classes and activities for sisters in the Las Vegas area and they will be more than willing to help you and involve you and help you in whatever you need to learn inshallah.

Once you get involved then you can meet many other sisters who are in the same position as you and you will think to yourself "why was i ever feel embarressed to come forward for help"?

You will also make many new friends inshallah and be involved in various Islamic activities and inshallah in no timke you will have learnt how to pray and read the Qur'an and you can then also learn the Arabic language as well as about Islam in much more detail.

So take the step now sister and disregard you eternal enemy shaythan who just wants to destroy your confidence so that you never go towards Allah. Ramadan is coming so get involved now and do not wait until tomorrow for tomorrow may never come!

and Allah know best in all matters

Grofica
07-27-2010, 11:03 PM
ok so i got a hold of them and I have a "date" tonight with one of the sisters!!!!!!! I am so excited and nervous. We are going to meet at the Dzamija (i told her I have never done my own hijab so she is going to help me before we go in)

I am really excited... thank you for giving me the courage to call. <3

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 11:42 PM
MashaAllah sis! May Allah bless your meeting and make it beneficial for you. Ameen

Grofica
07-27-2010, 11:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
MashaAllah sis! May Allah bless your meeting and make it beneficial for you. Ameen

Thank you sis! I am so nervous. I need to go pick out something to wear. is it bad if i wear jeans? and obviously a long sleeve shirt...

Hamza Asadullah
07-27-2010, 11:55 PM
Thank you sis! I am so nervous. I need to go pick out something to wear. is it bad if i wear jeans? and obviously a long sleeve shirt...
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, Don't worry you will be fine. My sister try to wear loose clothing as oppose to jeans which can hug on curves. The sister who you will go and see will advise you further on this matter inshallah.

Remember you are now moving forward so make the best of every second and concentrate on now and the future. Take lessons from the past so that you can do things better in the present and the future. Thank Allah abundantley who is wanting to guide you so that you can become closer to him. Please him as much as you can and your heart will feel satisfaction, contenment and peace that you have NEVER imagined or felt before.

and Allah knows best in all matters

Grofica
07-27-2010, 11:58 PM
I will see what else i have. Most of my clothes are baggy. I had gallbladder problems for about 2.5 months so i couldnt eat anything but bread (everything else made me sick) so i lost almost 30 pounds (15 kilos) in 2.5 months...

ok be right back.... i going to see what i have....

Grofica
07-28-2010, 12:04 AM
I have a black suit... (slacks and jacket.)

Cabdullahi
07-28-2010, 12:12 AM
I have a black suit... (slacks and jacket.)
black suit?!? ok you just need black glasses and black boots to join these guys >>>>>>

Grofica
07-28-2010, 12:24 AM
here are the pics... sorry i had to hang them on my fridge :-(

Muslim Woman
07-28-2010, 12:39 AM
Salaam

this one is better , looks like women's dress.

Grofica
07-28-2010, 12:41 AM
awesome... thats what i will wear... its actually a shirt i bought in bosnia... :-)

thanks for the advice :-)

Cabdullahi
07-28-2010, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

this one is better , looks like women's dress.
you dont know nothing this one is better....

Muslim Woman
07-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Salaam

bro , u must be joking ? A Muslim woman must not wear similar like men and the vice versa.

Grofica
07-28-2010, 12:50 AM
hummm never thought of that... but its a womans suit...

(i am wearing the purple one but its an intresting point)

Grofica
07-28-2010, 06:15 AM
So i just got back from the last prayer. Ok it was over a while ago but the lady stayed after with me and her and (believe it or not) another revert talked about prayer proper order a ton of stuff really. I had a fantastic time and everyone was soooooo nice. i really had a good time. She gave me a bunch of stuff to read and the hard part will be memorizing it all but i am hopeful.

I dont know i just feel fantastic. i was sooooooooooo nervous and everyone was so open and welcoming. I feel like i am on cloud 9 :-)

ardianto
07-28-2010, 06:55 AM
We are going to meet at the Dzamija
Is it masjid in Bosnian language ?.

Grofica
07-28-2010, 07:01 AM
Džamija = mosque...

Sorry my husband NEVER uses Masjid or Mosque. He always forgets those words in English. Here is the only place I ever hear / see those words. The only Muslim people I know use Džamija but then again most of the Muslim people I know dont speak english. Its a bad habbit i guess. Even simple things like slippers / house shoes i forget the words for I always call them Papuče because thats what i always hear them called. Kafu instead of Coffee. Jastuk instead of pillow. Ramazan instead of Ramadan....My husband and i always speak in a weird combination of bosnian and english. we call it bos-glish... he he he he

Sorry....

Muslim Woman
07-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Salaam Sis,

welcome to Islam :D

Did u write ur convert story ? Don't try to learn everything overnight . May Allah makes it easy for u .

Hamza Asadullah
07-28-2010, 11:48 AM
So i just got back from the last prayer. Ok it was over a while ago but the lady stayed after with me and her and (believe it or not) another revert talked about prayer proper order a ton of stuff really. I had a fantastic time and everyone was soooooo nice. i really had a good time. She gave me a bunch of stuff to read and the hard part will be memorizing it all but i am hopeful.

I dont know i just feel fantastic. i was sooooooooooo nervous and everyone was so open and welcoming. I feel like i am on cloud 9 :-)
Asalaamu Alaikum Wr Wb, what did i tell you sister that after attending you will think "Why did i ever worry or feel ashamed about coming forward"?. It is because it was shaythan who was wanting to make you feel this way so that you don't go towards Allah.

Now you have taken the step and you can progress gradually from here onwards inshallah. Everythings looking up now just learn as much as you can at your own pace and try your best to please Allah and get close to him. You can make some good friends now who are also wanting to get close to Islam.

Ramadan is also here now so it is perfect timing. Allah has helped you so much so thank him abundantley and also remember me in your dua's.

May Allah make it easy for you to continue progressing. Ameen

and Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!