/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Man jailed for Muslim veil attack

Rhubarb Tart
07-27-2010, 02:39 PM
26 July 2010 Last updated at 16:35

Man jailed for Muslim veil attack
Niqab The woman was attacked and her veil ripped off outside Central Station

A man who ripped a veil from a Muslim woman's face as she walked though Glasgow has been jailed for two years.

William Baikie, 26, admitted racially assaulting 26-year-old Anwar Alqahtani by forcibly removing her niqab in the city's Hope Street on 27 April.

Glasgow Sheriff Court heard how Baikie, who has previous convictions for racist behaviour, ran off but was later identified through CCTV footage.

Passing sentence, Sheriff Lindsay Wood branded the assault "shameful".

The court heard how Ms Alqahtani had come to Scotland from Saudi Arabia to study a masters degree.
'Absolute disgrace'

The 26-year-old, who wears the niqab to protect her modesty as part of her religion, was attacked as she walked to get a train from Central Station.

The force of Baikie's actions damaged Ms Alqahtani's niqab and she had to find another item of clothing to cover her.

Sentencing Baikie, Sheriff Lindsay Wood told him that what he did was an "absolute disgrace".

He said: "The offence you committed was a shameful one.

"You are a man who has a number of racist convictions and you knew full well how offensive the act would have been to the lady."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-west-10766880

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
07-27-2010, 02:46 PM
What a disgusting human being! Alhamdulillah justice was served. May Allah reward and guide the judge. Ameen.

Rhubarb Tart
07-27-2010, 02:50 PM
........ameen!!!!!!

Muslim Woman
07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
Salaam

thanks for the good news. Alhamdulillah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
07-27-2010, 05:03 PM
Hope he gets battered in jail, hopefully he'll meet the many muslim gangs

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 06:22 PM
^who shouldn't be there in the first place :x

aadil77
07-27-2010, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
^who shouldn't be there in the first place :x
alot of them a converts sister and alot of the existing muslims become practicing in jail

~Raindrop~
07-27-2010, 06:26 PM
He's just very very lucky he doesn't live where I do. Jail is a very soft option compared to what he would have faced if he'd pulled a stunt like that around here.

Snowflake
07-27-2010, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
alot of them a converts sister and alot of the existing muslims become practicing in jail
yeh I know bro. alhamdulillah for that. I said it jokingly but left out the giggling smilie - cuz trying to cut out joking too much (mainly with broz)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Subhaan`Allaah!. . . . .
May Allaah protect the Ummaah from Harm,Ameen

Rhubarb Tart
07-27-2010, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
Salam Brother

A "Muslim" wouldn’t be in a "gang" nor would they result to violence toward anyone including the idiot who pulled veil unless it to defend themselves from being killed. Just a thought…

Life_Is_Short
07-27-2010, 07:24 PM
2 years is not enough considering how fast the time passes now-a-days.

Misz_Muslimah
07-27-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Subhaan`Allaah!. . . . .
May Allaah protect the Ummaah from Harm,Ameen
Ameeen ..

Rhubarb Tart
07-27-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
2 years is not enough considering how fast the time passes now-a-days.
How long do you want him to spend time in jail.....5 years...

I think two years is good enough...

Life_Is_Short
07-27-2010, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
How long do you want him to spend time in jail.....5 years...

I think two years is good enough...
No, 6 years. That'll teach him some manners.

Rhubarb Tart
07-27-2010, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
No, 6 years. That'll teach him some manners.
lol that is harsh

You do know that what he got is pretty good sentence. I think so.

I did read of an idiot that pulled off someone turban and he managed to get "community work".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!