/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Florida Church to HOld Qur'an Burning!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-28-2010, 02:13 PM
:sl:

The title speaks for itself! :raging:

Florida church to hold Quran-burning

Following in the tradition of bigots everywhere, a Florida church is preparing to hold a book-burning. Not just any book; the Quran.

Dove World Outreach Center is a non-denominational evangelical church in Gainesville, Florida. They have announced a special celebration of the 9th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks . . . something that will show Christian love, reduce hatred between people of different religions, and lead toward greater understanding around the world. Or not.

Dove will host “International Burn a Quran Day” on September 11, 2010. Pastor Terry Jones says the idea came, in part, from the recent success of “Everybody Draw Muhammad Day”. He comments that “We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn,” and that burning the holy books of another religion will provide Muslims an opportunity to convert.

Jones missed the point of Everybody Draw. That event, in response to the irrational attacks (including physical assaults, attempted murder, attempted arson, and successful murder) on Western cartoonists, authors, and filmmakers who drew or otherwise criticized Muhammad, Islam’s prophet, was intended to communicate to radical Islamists that Westerners would not cave to their demands of censorship.

International Burn is not about freedom of expression. It is about hatred of Islam, not just the radical actions of some Muslims.

Jones is author of a book, Islam Is of the Devil. The book’s title reflects a sign placed outside Dove World Outreach, and explains Jones’s history working to “free souls from Islam”. He further explains how his church uses the congregation’s children as political pawns, sending them to school wearing shirts saying “Jesus is the Way” on the front, and “Islam is of the Devil” in the back.

Jones and his congregation have chosen to take an action that will not convert Muslims to Christianity. It will only serve to fan the flames of hatred, enraging even moderate Muslims.

http://www.secularnewsdaily.com/2010...quran-burning/

They think that this will convert us? LOL

SubhanAllah...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tw009
07-30-2010, 10:20 PM
He comments that “We feel, as Christians, one of our jobs is to warn,” and that burning the holy books of another religion will provide Muslims an opportunity to convert.
ooh ya what a perfect way to convert people!

Allah will take care of them.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-30-2010, 11:01 PM
They can do what they want, the words will always remain of the Noble word of Allaah SWT
They will surely get what they deserve, and Indeed Allaah is watching them every second of their lives, May Allaah guide them,Ameen
They will cry tears when they realise Islaam is the truth!, since theyre led by the Shaytaan i doubt that! May Allaah guide them to the true way of Life Ameen

SubhaanAllaah :(

Rhubarb Tart
07-30-2010, 11:08 PM
I already read this but was not sure whether it was true. They are bunch of disgusting people and defeat the purpose of tolerance. :raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-30-2010, 11:10 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

SubhaanAllaah how can they do this :(, Allaah created them, gave them life and shall take their life for their LORD only comes in Peace, but the Kufaar they truely have this heart that deserves to see the Anger of Allaah :(
Again Allaah says in Surah Ar-Rahmaan "Which of the favours of your do you deny" :( SubhaanAllaah

This is when the Muslims get angry for defending their deen of the beloved of Allaah Sallahu alaayhi wa salam, then we are named Terrorists so upsetting SubhaanAllaah :(

060.008 God forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith
nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God
loves those who are just.

060.009 God only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith,
and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from
turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these
circumstances), that do wrong.[Surah Al Mumtahanah (The women to be examined)

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

Rabi Mansur
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM

If this is true it is truly sick. Truly sick.

:heated:

:wa:

Rhubarb Tart
07-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Dont worry yourself over bigots. Im sure they are minority, i hope they are. karma: what goes around comes around. Ishlallah they will get what they deserve.

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 02:44 AM
The Dove church is a local Gainesville hate group hiding behind religion. They actually do not claim any religious affiliation with any known religion. If they worship anything it is hate and their "Pastor" Terry Jones. For them to use the Dove as a symbol of their belief is an oxymoron. A rabid dog would be more appropriate for that group of morons. The only reason they do not use the name KKK is because none of them are smart enough to know how to spell KKK.

They are a hate group and we should not dignify them by calling them by any religious name. Let us see them for what they are, bigots and haters.It is not just us them idiots hate, they have hatred for anybody not the same color as them or does not share their hatred against the rest of mankind. Terry Jones is from the same mold Jim Jones was cast from. Wonder if this group will also drink strychnine laced kool aid.

Every time I think I heard about the dumbest people on earth an even dumber group pops up.

Eric H
07-31-2010, 03:02 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Light of Heaven;

I am so sorry to hear that people should use the name of Christianity, to burn the Holy Scriptures from people of another faith.
We need to pray for each other.

Blessings and peace be with you

Eric

Vigno
07-31-2010, 04:02 AM
Asalamu Alekum

You know this very provoking... However, I want to ask a question about it, what do you think they would say if a group of muslims start burning other religions books?

Karl
07-31-2010, 04:02 AM
I wonder why these Evangelists don't burn the Torah and a few synagogues? Florida is very popular with Jewish old folk, maybe that would convert them to Christianity. Or maybe they could have a crusade and clean out the USA of any other religion, make everybody kiss the Cross or get thrown on a fire. Any survivors who get to Canada or Mexico can call it Holocaust 2. The US is a very scary place where anything can happen.
The Quran is pro Jesus it's not the Grand Grimoire so what's with these nutters?

titus
07-31-2010, 04:24 AM
However, I want to ask a question about it, what do you think they would say if a group of muslims start burning other religions books?
Or destroying historical Buddhist statues?

Experience says not much.

I would ignore these idiots since it's attention they want. If nobody reacted to them at all it would upset them to no end.

Pygoscelis
07-31-2010, 06:09 AM
This is rather silly. Muslims over react and riot over drawing a cartoon, so people give muslims something to legitimately react and riot over. Just dumb.

glo
07-31-2010, 11:56 AM
To go back to the original topic of a church organizing the burning of the Qu'ran, I think that is an utterly despicable thing to do!
Nobody should be allowed to destroy what they know is sacred and holy to somebody else - even if it goes against ones own beliefs.

I posted this to a forum member via PM a couple of days ago, and I will post it publically here now:

Greetings

I need you to know that not every Christian agrees with the notion of burning the Qu'ran! In fact, my guess would be that the majority think it is pointless at best and very damaging and disrespectful.

The story has only just come to my attention.

I am very sorry that people behave in such a way, and I can only begin to understand how upsetting it must be! :hmm:
I would never ever condone such actions in my own church, and I would speak out against them.

Do you think Muslims would ever resort to burning the Bible?

May there be peace between our faiths.

I found these comments on facebook:
"A misguided pastor in Florida is hosting a 'burn the Koran' day in
Florida this sept. 11th. Instead I want to encourage all my Christian,
Jewish, Muslim and Atheist friends (ETC!) to engage in a Scripture
Exchange Program' where we host dinners and share our favorite bits of
our own traditions with each other in a space of respect, joy and mutual
inquiry."
We are all children of Abraham... If we don't talk and learn we will only misunderstand and fight. To give peace a chance we must BE people of peace.
How about a "burn a fundamentalist pastor day.?" (did I say that out loud?
:phew
Oxford (UK) has an annual friendship walk, where Jews, Muslims and Christians walk together through the city, starting from the Synagogue, going via one of the central churches and ending up at the mosque for a meal.

Let’s find opportunities...
That is awful! I am glad my pastor does a lot of interfaith work, I couldn't imagine going to such a hate filled church!!!
etc etc
There is more, but I just wanted you to see that not all people are condoning it!

Salaam

Hugo
07-31-2010, 12:19 PM
I agree with Glo in post 23 - burning books because someone does not like their content id despicable and it is just fascism

Salahudeen
07-31-2010, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hugo
QUOTED POST DELETED
The arabs were originally upon the religion of Abraham, that is why they still had traces of his religion mixed in with their polytheism because of the fact they used to follow the religion of Abraham before idols were introduced. They used to be monotheistic but there was a man who of high status among the Arabs, he would feed the pilgrims etc and do many good deeds so the people respected him and looked up to him and listened to what he said, when he want to a far way land I can't remember which he was introduced to idolatry and he thought to him self "What a good idea this is, can you make an idol for me to take back" so when he went back he put an idol in the kab'a and slowly more idols were introduced and this is how they deviated from the religion of Abraham.

They even believed in and acknowledged Allah however they said "we're too impure to ask Allah directly so we use these idols as intercessors" You see it was Abraham and his son who built the kaba as a house of worship for God. And it stayed monotheistic untill many years down the line idols were introduced but when Muhammed (saw) came he brought the religion back to pure montheism. This is what Abraham was on also. So this explains why the pagan Arabs had the pilgrimage and stuff because their religion was the religion of Abraham however idols had been introduced.

Amat Allah
07-31-2010, 12:44 PM
:bism:

Tawakkalna Ala Allah

"Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Quran) and surely, We will guard it" :statisfie

Allah , The One Who Belongs To Him all Might and Majesty will guard His Book from being forgotten from beingcorrupted and from everything would affects its message and goal...

let them burn it, what will happen if they did?

Is Islam going to disappear? Are we going to forget the words of Allah?Are we going to worship someone else than Allah The One, The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, Who neither eats nor drinks,Who begets not, nor was He begotten; and there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him? (My Lord! I seek refuge with You from being a disbeliever or a follower of the satan)...

Qur`aan is everywhere and in our hearts and will always be , filling our hearts lives and guiding us to the path of the truth , happiness and Allah`s saticfaction...

Cheer up and don`t worry, they are doing this only to fill your hearts with anger and rage , to make you fall in mistakes to prove for others that Muslims are violent terrors and the Main cause of misery and all bad things in this world...but we as Muslims as the servants and slaves of Allah as the Ummah of Muhammad Bin Abdillah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) as the nation of Qur`aan as the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind striving for Allah`s cause and submitting our selves for our Creator, obeying Allah with humility ; must be patient and follow the commandments of Allah not worring at all about such meaningless things ...

Allah says:

"You shall certainly be tried and tested in your wealth and properties and in your personal selves, and you shall certainly hear much that will grieve you from those who received the Scripture before you (Jews and Christians) and from those who ascribe partners to Allah, but if you persevere patiently, and become Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V. 2:2) then verily, that will be a determining factor in all affairs, and that is from the great matters, [which you must hold on with all your efforts]. (186) "

Surat Aal Im`raan

and says:

"And your Ilah (God) is One Ilah (God Allah), so you must submit to Him Alone (in Islam). And (O Muhammad SAW) give glad tidings to the Mukhbitin [those who obey Allah with humility and are humble from among the true believers of Islamic Monotheism], (34) Whose hearts are filled with fear when Allah is mentioned; who patiently bear whatever may befall them (of calamities); and who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and who spend (in Allah's Cause) out of what We have provided them. (35)"

Surat Al Hajj

Walk in Allah`s way and path and follow the guidance of this Deen otherwise ,you will be lost and will displease The Only One Who deserve to Be worshipped always and for ever...

and remember what Allah says:

"but give glad tidings to As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.). (155) Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return." (156) They are those on whom are the Salawat (i.e. blessings, etc.) (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided-ones. (157)"

Surat Al Baqarah

Inna lellaah wa inna Ilayhee Raji`oon

Hasbuna Allaah wa Ni`ema Al wakeel

May Allah guide us all before standing for the reckoning in The Day of Judgment...Ameeeeen

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vigno
Asalamu Alekum

You know this very provoking... However, I want to ask a question about it, what do you think they would say if a group of muslims start burning other religions books?

Moot point. I do not believe any genuine follower of Islam would burn another faith's scriptures. We may disagree with them and argue against them, but burn them, I do not see ever happening.

Al-manar
07-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Holy Quran 3:186 Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.

Amat Allah
07-31-2010, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Moot point. I do not believe any genuine follower of Islam would burn another faith's scriptures. We may disagree with them and argue against them, but burn them, I do not see ever happening.
that is true %100 .

Vigno
07-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Salamu Alekum

Indeed genuine muslims would never do such a thing or even think of it, but surely if some muslims go astray and decide to do that then they ll be subjected to attacks naming them as terrorists and racists and and and... but other religions can do all they want and receive a good bunch of support and gratitude.
You know this is just another sign of Allah's mercy on His creatures, they do such things and yet Allah doesn't make the ground eat them alive. Subhanah Allah wa la ilaha ila Allah wa Allahu akbar.

Salamu alekum

glo
07-31-2010, 02:13 PM

I agree that Muslims recognise the divine origin in the Bible - even if they consider it to be corrupted, and that they would therefore hold the Bible in some regard.

Of course we cannot say that burning the Bible does not ever happen or has never happened, but I don't think it is anything that Muslims on the whole would condone or agree with.

Woodrow, do you think the same would apply to scriptures from other non-Abrahamic faiths? For example, Hindu or Buddhist texts and books?
I am aware that the Abrahamic faiths are bestowed a greater respect in Islam than the non-monotheistic religions.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-31-2010, 02:17 PM

Honestly some of the comments here are just D.U.M.B.

Hugo, I find it funny that you cry like a little boy when insults, or the like, are hurled at you, yet you seem to instigate the actual argument.

Ok we aint stupid. I can see indirect mockery when it happens. Stick to the topic!

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
07-31-2010, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
This is rather silly. Muslims over react and riot over drawing a cartoon, so people give muslims something to legitimately react and riot over. Just dumb.
Your comment is even more ridiculously silly! Just because you guys don't give a hoot about your religious figures (oh wait you have none :mmokay:), doesn't mean we'll be like you! Go cry in the corner of our over reacting, but we don't take nonsense!

marwen
07-31-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't see another reason for the Church to do that other than to provoke muslims. And that's too stupid and childish for a church.
So I think it's just a symbolic act to make muslims react. I mean, you can't make the quran disappear from the world just by burning some copies of the quran. We're no more in the middle ages, We're in the 21st century, If you want to eliminate the quran from the world, you have to burn all the quran books in the stores and in the houses, break all the quran CDs, erase the quran files from PCs' hard disks, and delete it from Internet servers, and finally, you should also kill all the people who memorized some quran verses. And I don't think all this is an easy job.

But, that's said, the burning of the quran remains an act of offense to the islamic religion and it's not justifiable.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Subhaan`Allaah

glo
07-31-2010, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
Your comment is even more ridiculously silly! Just because you guys don't give a hoot about your religious figures (oh wait you have none :mmokay:), doesn't mean we'll be like you! Go cry in the corner of our over reacting, but we don't take nonsense!
Hi Light of Heaven

I think you misunderstand what Pygo is saying.

I think he is trying to say that the scandal and offense the Muhammad cartoons caused may have not been easily understood by Westerners, and some non-Muslims may have found the reactions from the Muslim world exaggerated ... BUT everybody from every religion or none can clearly see that the burning of the Qu'ran would be obviously offensive and hurtful!

Therefore, whereas the original Muhammad cartoons may not have been intended to upset and offend, this plan to burn the Qu'ran clearly is!

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

Woodrow, do you think the same would apply to scriptures from other non-Abrahamic faiths? For example, Hindu or Buddhist texts and books?
I am aware that the Abrahamic faiths are bestowed a greater respect in Islam than the non-monotheistic religions.
From a historical perspective I am quite certain Muhammad(PBUH) and his companions had contact with Buddhists and Hindus as they had travelled to India and China on the trade caravans. But no place in the Qur'an, Ahadith or Fiqh-ul-Sunnah have I seen any mention we should burn the scriptures of any people. Disagree with them, argue with them, Yes, but never any mention to physically destroy their scriptures.

It makes no sense to burn another person's scriptures, unless somebody tried to force us to have it in our homes, then I could think of several books I would burn if some radical adherent of a wacko sect forced me to take it. But I would never go out of my way or even get a copy by any means for the purpose of burning it. That is my opinion and every Muslim I know in person seems to have the same opinion.

It is stupid to burn another person's scriptures. Who knows even scriptures that we disagree with may have come from what was originally a true revelation and it may still contain some truth and that small flicker of truth could be the spark that leads somebody to the truth. We do know Prophets(PBUT) were sent to all people and while most lost the message, it is possible the scriptures now used by those people could still have a speck of truth init and even that small speck should be enough to keep us from burning it.

Just my thoughts Astagfirullah

glo
07-31-2010, 05:29 PM
It is stupid to burn another person's scriptures. Who knows even scriptures that we disagree with may have come from what was originally a true revelation and it may still contain some truth and that small flicker of truth could be the spark that leads somebody to the truth. We do know Prophets(PBUT) were sent to all people and while most lost the message, it is possible the scriptures now used by those people could still have a speck of truth init and even that small speck should be enough to keep us from burning it.

Just my thoughts Astagfirullah
I think that's a great way of looking at it.
Thank you fo sharing your thoughts on this, Woodrow.

Muslim Woman
07-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Salaam/Peace

Florida Police and Peace loving groups are doing anything ?

glo
07-31-2010, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/Peace

I've been doing some googling, Muslim Woman:

The nation’s largest evangelical body is urging the Florida church behind “International Burn A Quran Day” to cancel its plans.

[...]

Not surprisingly, there has been public outcry against the planned Quran burning event and, in the past, against the “Islam is of the Devil” sign.

The Council on American-Islam Relations, the nation’s largest Muslim advocacy group, plans to counter “International Burn a Quran Day” with a “Share the Quran” dinner on Sept. 11.

Orlando-based Pastor Joel Hunter of Northland, A Church Distributed, who is a member of the NAE Board of Directors, commented, “We have to recognize that fighting fire with fire only builds a bigger fire.”

“Love is the water that will eventually quench the destruction,” he said.

In asking the Gainesville church to call off the event, the NAE, which represents more than 45,000 local churches from over 40 denominations, cited its 1996 resolution on religious persecution. In the resolution, the evangelical body pledged to “address religious persecution carried out by our Christian brothers and sisters whenever this occurs around the world.”

“If people are to fulfill the obligations of conscience, history teaches the urgent need to foster respect and protection for the right of all persons to practice their faith,” the resolution reads.

Muslims worldwide would be “profoundly” offended by the burning of Qurans, just as Christians would be deeply insulted if another faith group burned Bibles, the NAE stressed.

“The most powerful statement by the organizers of the planned September 11th bonfire would be to call it off in the name and love of Jesus Christ,” Anderson urged.
http://www.christianpost.com/article...n-a-quran-day/

Pygoscelis
07-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Although this is stupid and insensitive it is not illegal. So long as they came by the books they are burning by legal means. It is freedom of expression. I feel the same way about burning the American (or other nation's) flag. I think the best response to these jackasses is the same as the best response to the Fred Phelps' of the world. Ridicule them, marginalize them, and don't give them what they want (an out of proportion reaction proving the stereotype of muslims they push). The WORST reaction would be to have muslims appearing in the media screaming hate right back at these people.

I think it would be cool if some prominent muslims came out in the media and rather than going visceral, shook their head and expressed pitty for these people dismissing these Quran burners as sad deranged souls. Show them that Islam is the cooler head here. It'd totally make their message backfire.

What Glo posted is what I'm talking about, that is the way to go. Show them that these book burners (rather than muslims) are the haters hate is THEM and not the muslims. Their message will backfire and people may actually come to be sympathetic with muslims and some may even convert. This happened post-9/11 when so many were so unfairly visceral against muslims. I know many folks who saw that, sympathized with the muslims and wanted to investigate Islam because of it. One of them is now a muslim (who I debate with regularly).

I know a lot of people on this board don't like it, but the fact is that in the west we are in a religious media war in regards to Islam. Certain people are interested in painting all muslims as rabid terrorists, and many are buying into their message. Events such as this one is an opportunity to shoot back the opposite message.

Muslim Woman
07-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Salaam/Peace

.... One of them is now a muslim (who I debate with regularly).
I pray that we will have some good news like that after this hate propagande. But u can't expect that Muslims will stay at home calmly . I won't be surprised if very soon we see some Muslim groups come in to the streets. That's ok but InshaAllah ( God Willing ) they won't attack any chruches.

May God remove the hatred between people of different faiths.

glo
07-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Although this is stupid and insensitive it is not illegal.
I wonder whether here is the UK this kind of thing might be considered a hate crime.
(I don't know enough about the British law to be sure)

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 06:54 PM
Salaam/Peace

It does seem the people of Gainesville are getting fed up with Terry Jones and his group of (use word of your choice)

Anti-Islam church sign stirs up community outrage SOURCE

mahma87a
07-31-2010, 07:10 PM
the day that they are talking about is the second day of the eid
they want to burn our holy book in our holiday

Pygoscelis
07-31-2010, 07:24 PM
From the link Woodrow posted: "In the future, the message on the sign might change to express the church's beliefs against same-sex marriage or abortion, Jones said. The church also has posted messages on YouTube, he said."

I am not surprised at all by this. This guy may even be affiliated with Fred Phelps. I wonder if this guy will start picketing muslim funerals as Phelps does with funerals of homosexuals.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-31-2010, 07:26 PM

(I don't know enough about the British law to be sure)
For some reason i always thought you was british, guesss i was geeky :-\

Danah
07-31-2010, 07:30 PM
As I always reply to such topics. I will just say the same thing over and over.

Allah said in the Quran:

يُرِيدُونَ لِيُطۡفِـُٔواْ نُورَ ٱللَّهِ بِأَفۡوَٲهِهِمۡ وَٱللَّهُ مُتِمُّ نُورِهِۦ وَلَوۡ ڪَرِهَ ٱلۡكَـٰفِرُونَ

Fain would they put out the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His light however much the disbelievers are averse.[61:8]

So, they want to:
It will only serve to fan the flames of hatred, enraging even moderate Muslims.
And what they will get?
yeah in one way they will get an angry reaction from Muslims as they planned, but in the other hand they will make more people aware of the existence of Islam and they will show the whole world how much they are afraid of Islam and Muslims because they are in increase. Otherwise, why this huge efforts to ruin the image of Islam??
No one will spend time, money and efforts on something he is not consider as a threat, right?

Just as a side note though: many of the reverts reverted to Islam by such pathetic attempts by Islam haters to ruin the image of Islam.

I do not believe any genuine follower of Islam would burn another faith's scriptures. We may disagree with them and argue against them, but burn them, I do not see ever happening.
Right! because that is one of our beliefs even when we believe that those scriptures are corrupted yet we do respect them.

Darth Ultor
07-31-2010, 07:47 PM
What the ****?

جوري
07-31-2010, 07:51 PM
Christians haven't been able to separate themselves from their dark ages, though they feign civility.. they are simply practicing what they have all along:

The Burning of the Library at Alexandria

Theophilus, God love him, is the Christian most often associated with the definitive act of destruction of ancient wisdom, the Burning of The Library at Alexandria. We cannot, however, be fully certain that there was either a single definitive library at Alexandria at this time or a single definitive act of arson.
There is no doubt that Christians under Theophilus, Patriarch of Alexandria, there were committed acts of the utmost heinousness, following the instructions of Emperor Theodosius. Pagan temples were ransacked, looted and defiled. During this time Theophilus attacked and destroyed the Serapeum, home of at least part of the library of Alexandria. Also the Museum, literally THE original and definitive museum, temple of the muses, was destroyed by Theophilus's Christian mob.
The great library at Alexandria was a collection of the knowledge and written culture of the entire known world. Under the decree of Ptolemy III all visitors to the city were required to give up any written material they had in their possession to the library scribes who would make a copy for the library, or rather a copy for the original owner and the original for the library. This was the mechanism by which there came to be assembled the greatest collection of human knowledge in the ancient world. By the time of Theophilus the library had been collecting scrolls, papyruses and codices for over five hundred years and it was widely regarded as by far the largest and most complete record of human knowledge ever assembled. Civilized men build, stock and use libraries. Alexandria was a civilized Hellenic Pagan city taken over by an uncivilized Christian mob.

The burning of books is never the activity of civilized men. It is a crime against humanity, and more, it is a crime against posterity. It is an act that can never be forgiven.
Civilized men do not burn books. Tyrants and fanatics burn books.
(Books defined above as being the only extant copies of a work, surplus copies are just bits of paper, regardless of their content.)

To attack culture, knowledge, science and wisdom of the ancient world as it was stored in the greatest collection of books ever assembled was an act that transcends the power of our language to condemn. All the words we have to describe such acts and to express our disapproval are fundamentally flawed, they suggest that such acts are beyond the capacity of “civilized Christians”.
Vandalism. Barbarism. Philistinism. Such words are tragically wide of the mark. There is only one word which can express the nature of such an act: Christian.

source

espada
08-01-2010, 03:12 AM

This is just motivation to memorize the Quran.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2010, 04:43 AM
Although this is stupid and insensitive it is not illegal. So long as they came by the books they are burning by legal means. It is freedom of expression. I feel the same way about burning the American (or other nation's) flag. I think the best response to these jackasses is the same as the best response to the Fred Phelps' of the world. Ridicule them, marginalize them, and don't give them what they want (an out of proportion reaction proving the stereotype of muslims they push). The WORST reaction would be to have muslims appearing in the media screaming hate right back at these people.

I think it would be cool if some prominent muslims came out in the media and rather than going visceral, shook their head and expressed pitty for these people dismissing these Quran burners as sad deranged souls. Show them that Islam is the cooler head here. It'd totally make their message backfire.

What Glo posted is what I'm talking about, that is the way to go. Show them that these book burners (rather than muslims) are the haters hate is THEM and not the muslims. Their message will backfire and people may actually come to be sympathetic with muslims and some may even convert. This happened post-9/11 when so many were so unfairly visceral against muslims. I know many folks who saw that, sympathized with the muslims and wanted to investigate Islam because of it. One of them is now a muslim (who I debate with regularly).

I know a lot of people on this board don't like it, but the fact is that in the west we are in a religious media war in regards to Islam. Certain people are interested in painting all muslims as rabid terrorists, and many are buying into their message. Events such as this one is an opportunity to shoot back the opposite message.
god, you are full of wisdom. i mean forgive me for thinking that non-Muslims would go ape if Muslims insulted their beliefs and way's of life only to for us to turn around and expect all calmness.

titus
08-01-2010, 04:50 AM
i mean forgive me for thinking that non-Muslims would go ape if Muslims insulted their beliefs and way's of life only to for us to turn around and expect all calmness.
Muslims insult other religions and beliefs all the time, just as people insult Islam all the time.

Calmness, by the way, is the worst thing that the offenders can be met with (in their mind). Their whole intention is to provoke a reaction, so the thing that would upset them the most would be to be met with complete apathy.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2010, 05:03 AM
Muslims insult other religions and beliefs all the time, just as people insult Islam all the time.
dramatization. i cannot recall a Muslim insulting someone else's faith (trust me, we wouldnt hear the end of it)...the only time i do recall is as a result of a non-Muslim insulting Islam...

titus
08-01-2010, 05:59 AM
dramatization. i cannot recall a Muslim insulting someone else's faith
Taliban destroys Buddhist statues all over the country claiming it is their duty.

Just today a Muslim member on this forum claimed that Hinduism isn't even a religion.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak Saturday quoted from the Quran to urge fellow Muslims not to insult people of other faiths, after residents of a Muslim-majority area, protesting re-location of a Hindu temple to their locality, carried cow heads in a rally Friday.

source

More than once on these forums I have seen Muslims claim that the Torah teaches that sexually molesting children is permitted, among other lies that were pretty insulting about the Jewish faith.

Or you can find a Muslim arguing that it is the duty of a Muslim to destroy idols of other religions

Example

You also may find that Muslim tend not to insult Christianity or Judasim much, but that is mostly because they share so many things in common. Other religions, though, are often fair game.

These are all examples of Muslims insulting others beliefs, just as much as or more than drawing a cartoon or burning a book.

Ramadhan
08-01-2010, 06:07 AM
Orlando-based Pastor Joel Hunter of Northland, A Church Distributed, who is a member of the NAE Board of Directors, commented, “We have to recognize that fighting fire with fire only builds a bigger fire.”

So who's this "fire" this hillarious pastor referred to? Islam?
LOL.

And who was he referring to as "destruction"?

I find christian leaders and their words amusing.

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 06:10 AM
I have been giving this thread some serious thought over the past few hours and just realized something. Because of Terry Jones and his Dove Church, many people who had never heard of Islam are now aware of us.

What a fantastic opportunity we have to show what we really are and dispel many of the lies told about us.

Mr. Jones has managed to get Islam seen deep in the heart of the Bible belt that has had a closed door to even the name Islam. I believe that now virtually everybody in the Gainesville area is now aware we exist. Some of those will most likely now want to learn more about us.

Ramadhan
08-01-2010, 06:10 AM
I also find this very amusing from the same source:

"Yet the Bible says that Christians should ‘make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else’ (I Thessalonians 5:15).”
They would not know hypocrisy if it slaps them round the head and bulldozes over them.

Pygoscelis
08-01-2010, 06:26 AM
What a fantastic opportunity we have to show what we really are and dispel many of the lies told about us.
Exactly Woodrow, this is my point. Meet it with a calm rational and dare I say loving response. Pity those who live in hate and pray for them. And thereby make a difference in the hearts and minds of those who have been media brainwashed into seeing muslims as bloodthirsty terrorists.

glo
08-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Greetings, naidamar

It's interesting that you make this comment.
I wonder how often people argue against each other, simply because they aren't familiar with each others language and terminology ...

It's also interesting that you seem to read a criticism of Islam into those comments, when they are not intended at all. (I guess that's what happens when we don't understand each other's language. We apply our own understanding and interpretation to it.)

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

So who's this "fire" this hillarious pastor referred to? Islam?
LOL.

And who was he referring to as "destruction"?

I find christian leaders and their words amusing.
When Joel Hunter talks about 'fighting fire with fire building a bigger fire', he refers to tit-for-tat retaliations, which will escalate and cause greater and greater destruction (For example rifts between faiths and within communities, greater hate and distrust against each other, demonstrations and clashes, possibly worse ...)

What he saying is that if this church go ahead with the burning of the Qu'ran, it will lead to reactions from the Muslim communities - which it turn will lead to more negative reactions from non-Muslims - which in turn will cause a negative response in Muslims ... etc etc
That's what he means by 'building a bigger fire'. (And big fires cause big destructions)

What Joel Hunter is saying is that we should fight that fire with water instead - i.e respond in a way which will have the opposite effect.

Replace 'fire' with 'hatred' and 'water' with 'love', and it becomes very clear.

Add hatred to hatred, and you will have more hatred.
Respond to hatred with love, and the hatred will have no foothold for growth.

If, for example, Muslims and non-Muslims (as suggested) come together on 9/11 to share a meal and share passages from their holy books with each other, they will be the water which will quench the flames Dove Church is trying to kindle!

If, however, people start to get aggressive and respond like-for-like, the flames Dove Church has raised will turn into a huge fire!

Sometimes turning the other cheek is simply more effective than a-tooth-for-a-tooth ...

Ramadhan
08-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Greetings, naidamar

It's interesting that you make this comment.
I wonder how often people argue against each other, simply because they aren't familiar with each others language and terminology ...
I understood fully what it means.
Thanks for being so preachy.

When Joel Hunter talks about 'fighting fire with fire building a bigger fire', he refers to tit-for-tat retaliations, which will escalate and cause greater and greater destruction (For example rifts between faiths and within communities, greater hate and distrust against each other, demonstrations and clashes, possibly worse ...)
I got this too, btw.
he did say "fire with fire", and he clealry insinuated that Islam did something wrong first.
So again, which "fire" that joel hunter thought shouldn't be fought with fire?
9/11? or what?
we are not talking about trinity here, no need to be vague.

What he saying is that if this church go ahead with the burning of the Qu'ran, it will lead to reactions from the Muslim communities - which it turn will lead to more negative reactions from non-Muslims - which in turn will cause a negative response in Muslims ... etc etc
That's what he means by 'building a bigger fire'.
If that is really what he meant, he should have said "we must not start fire", instead of "we should not fight fire with fire"
because that is what the dove church is really going to do: starting fire, instead of fighting fire.

Sometimes turning the other cheek is simply more effective than a-tooth-for-a-tooth ..
Sadly, this quality has been lacking among american christians.
(case in point: reaction after 9/11)

Danah
08-01-2010, 09:56 AM
I have been giving this thread some serious thought over the past few hours and just realized something. Because of Terry Jones and his Dove Church, many people who had never heard of Islam are now aware of us.

Mr. Jones has managed to get Islam seen deep in the heart of the Bible belt that has had a closed door to even the name Islam. I believe that now virtually everybody in the Gainesville area is now aware we exist. Some of those will most likely now want to learn more about us.
Exactly! This is what I was talking about in my previous post #39. You said it better!

This whole thing remind me of what happened few months ago when they were trying to ban minarets in Switzerland and at the end we got one of those who made the decision as new brother to us that reverted to Islam. Isn't that amazing? SubhanAllah this religion is amazing ! The more haters try to attack it, the more people like it!

The same thing happened in 9/11!

glo
08-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I understood fully what it means.
Thanks for being so preachy.
Now I'm confused. If you knew what it meant, why did you ask the question? :?

glo
08-01-2010, 10:52 AM

I think that is very true, and I hope this negative situation can be turned into a positive result.

People making an effort to come together and share food and their beliefs with each other may just be one of those positive outcomes. Hopefully it will lead to greater understanding and respect for each other, to friendship and interfaith working, to striving to make this world a better and more peaceful place - and yes, possibly to finding truth in each other's faith too.

Amat Allah
08-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Indeed, Allah may support this religion (i.e. Islam) even with a disobedient man...Praise be to Allah...

Subhaan Allah , Allah has His own amazing methods and plans to make this Deen prevail...

Raaina
08-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Can you imagine if UK muslims started doing something like this.

The EDL would have a field day!

Ramadhan
08-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Now I'm confused. If you knew what it meant, why did you ask the question? :?
Go back and read my question again.

I did not ask what the question mean. I asked who that joel hunter referred to as the "first" fire in "fighting fire(1) with fire (2)".

Surely he intended the second "fire" to be the action of qur'an burning by dove church.

Muslim Woman
08-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by titus
Taliban destroys Buddhist statues all over the country claiming it is their duty.

yes , that was a sad incident :(

Just today a Muslim member on this forum claimed that Hinduism isn't even a religion.
in any religion forum , u will find that people of one faith is trying to prove that other faiths are wrong . it's not that only Muslims are doing it.

I have seen Muslims claim that the Torah teaches that sexually molesting children is permitted,
Media normally condemn the young marriage of Mother Aisha ra. U will find thousands / million nasty posts about the marriage. But u will never heard criticism from media that Jewish holy book allows marriage of 3 years old girl.

among other lies that were pretty insulting about the Jewish faith.
like what ?

glo
08-01-2010, 03:00 PM
I did not ask what the question mean. I asked who that joel hunter referred to as the "first" fire in "fighting fire(1) with fire (2)".

Surely he intended the second "fire" to be the action of qur'an burning by dove church.
Well, given that Dove Church are planning their Qu'ran burning day on 9/11, the anniversary of the attack on the Twin Towers, it may be that the 'first fire' is the perceived attack of Muslim terrorists on the non-Muslim world. Whether rightly or wrongly, we have to accept that that's how many people perceive it - even now, after all these years. It will take a long time for that perception to disappear, if ever it does completely ...

However, I do not know whether that's what Joel Hunter is talking about, or whether he perceives the 'first fire' to be the Qu'ran burning, and the 'second fire' - which he is trying to preempt and prevent - any retaliation from some Muslims.

Either view is possible, and I cannot say which view Joel Hunter holds. We would have to ask him that question directly.

Either way, can you see and perhaps even respect his intentions to try and prevent any further rift between the Muslim and non-Muslim communities, and a desire to counteract the hatred and animosity which seems to come from Dove Church?
I hope you do, because that is the important part of the article I posted, as far as I am concerned: how to deal with hate-mongers and how to overcome hatred and anger with kindness and love.

Perhaps the important question is not "Who started it?" (Isn't that what little children say? 'It wasn't me! S/he started it!!') ... but "How can we nip it in the bud, before it gets out of hand?"

Ramadhan
08-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Well, given that Dove Church are planning their Qu'ran burning day on 9/11, the anniversary of the attack on the Twin Towers, it may be that the 'first fire' is the perceived attack of Muslim terrorists on the non-Muslim world. Whether rightly or wrongly, we have to accept that that's how many people perceive it - even now, after all these years. It will take a long time for that perception to disappear, if ever it does completely ...
I am glad you are recognizing this fact:
That christians think the 9/11 was a muslim attack, and hence are out for revenge to the extent that two muslim countries were invaded and occupied and a million civilians killed in the process.
(yeah, let's give our both of our cheeks, shall we?).

Just when I was ready to give you the prop, you turned around and said this:

However, I do not know whether that's what Joel Hunter is talking about, or whether he perceives the 'first fire' to be the Qu'ran burning, and the 'second fire' - which he is trying to preempt and prevent - any retaliation from some Muslims.
English is not even my second language or third, but do you really believe what you just wrote in that sentence?

This is what was written in the article:
“It sounds like the proposed Quran burning is rooted in revenge,” said NAE President Leith Anderson
And then later in the article:
It is quite clear to anyone (who's honest with themselves) that NAE regards the bible burning as just an exercise in revenge by some church against muslims, and not as an inherently wrong and evil action in itself.

Either view is possible, and I cannot say which view Joel Hunter holds. We would have to ask him that question directly.
you do that.

Either way, can you see and perhaps even respect his intentions to try and prevent any further rift between the Muslim and non-Muslim communities, and a desire to counteract the hatred and animosity which seems to come from Dove Church?
I hope you do, because that is the important part of the article I posted, as far as I am concerned: how to deal with hate-mongers and how to overcome hatred and anger with kindness and love.
I don't know whats his intentions are. I do, however, respect anyone who genuinely tries to create peace.

Perhaps the important question is not "Who started it?" (Isn't that what little children say? 'It wasn't me! S/he started it!!') ... but [B]"How can we nip it in the bud, before it gets out of hand?"
Ugh... again, you are playing with words here to insinuate things.
No one as far as I know (at least in this thread, and certainly not me) has done what you just said in the sentence above.
I was merely pointing out the fact (in the article that you yourself quoted) that a director of NAE did exactly what you asked people not to do.

Prior to this, I had no idea who NAE was, but from the article it seems NAE confirming muslims suspicions that American christians do indeed regard 9/11 as Islam attack against christians.

Snowflake
08-01-2010, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
Holy Quran 3:186 Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.
And patient muslims are not! Even when that is what Allah is telling us to be ^ when we don't like what we hear. It's so easy to see from the past that the more the muslims react the more they look for new ways to insult islam. Don't you get it? That IS their enjoyment. Stop giving it to them. Raise your hands and pray for the wrath of Allah to fall upon His enemies. Surely a prayer is more dear to Allah than protesting to the Hell dwellers.

JazakAllah for sharing this verse. May Allah give us patience, and ask for His help in all matters instead of crying to the hell fodder.

جوري
08-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Have to second Br. Naidamar's sentiment above and question, isn't your religion all about love and turning the other cheek-- that is if I am actually to accept the ailing premise that, they are upset about a 'terrorist attack' from "muslims' who took over planes with plastic knives and whose passports survived to allude to their identity.. be that as it may--your religion has a difficult time reconciling much of its written words with reality

in fact it always rears its ugly crusade like roots and love of burning books that negate its contradictions!
not to worry though all the more incentive for those who haven't memorized the Quran to complete memorizing it insha'Allah-- burning books is the way of the ignorant, learning them and living by them is the way of the wise!

all the best

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Out of fairness. I think it needs to be clarified the Dove Church is not part of any Christian denomination. While some Christians may agree with them, they are not a recognized religion and are practicing theTerry Jones concept of Christianity.

I would not be surprised if it turns out Terry Jones does not even believe in God(swt) and founded this group as an income for himself. I have read that they are in danger of loosing their tax exemption status as a religious institution and Terry is in financial trouble.

Consider the possibility this is one man trying to stir up interest and raise his finances through donations from people who agree with his radical ideas. This is not the first time Terry has become quite radical and used hate to raise money.

A google search of "Terry Jones, Gainesville, Florida, financial problems" is quite interesting. Or "Dove Church, Gainesville, Florida Legal/financial problems"

We should not dignify him by connecting him to any religion. He is a scoundrel and con-man playing upon the gullibility of prejuciced, bigoted people. This is not the first time he has used hate. In the past his target was Homosexuals. But after Gainesville elected a gay mayor he had to change his target.

With Terry's track record this may be the incentive for Gainesville to elect a Muslim mayor next election.

The guy is an idiot and the only bigger idiots are those who donate money to him.

Please let us refrain from giving him the name of any religion. He would use the beliefs of any religion if he could find a way to make money from it.

Scum like this need to be called scum and not given any other name.

In the realm of full disclosure in advertising he should have KKK attached to his church name." Dove, KKK affiliate"

Check this link:

glo
08-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Brother naidamar, I cannot speak for all Christians and I am not going to try.
It seems that you are asking me to explain or even defend the views of others, which I have neither insight into or might not even agree with myself.

I can only ever tell you about my own understanding of my faith, and how I try to live by it. Anything else is beyond my ability.
I cannot speak for Dove Church or Joel Hunter or the other 2 Billion Christians on this planet.

I am sure the majority of people consider 9/11 an attack of Muslims on the non-Muslim world, and you may be right that some are out for revenge for it even now. Dove Church may well be amongst them.

But I am also trying to tell you that there are many, many people who are speaking out and taking action against these kinds of things. Me and others have posted examples in this thread.
I completely agree with Woodrow's recommendation not to judge a whole religion by the actions of one out-of-control so-called church ...
I think it needs to be clarified the Dove Church is not part of any Christian denomination. While some Christians may agree with them, they are not a recognized religion and are practicing theTerry Jones concept of Christianity.

We should not dignify him by connecting him to any religion.
I don't know whats his intentions are. I do, however, respect anyone who genuinely tries to create peace.
Amen to that.

How do you feel about the idea of Muslims and non-Muslims coming together to share verses and teachings from their holy books with each other, exploring differences as well as seeking common ground?

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 08:12 PM

How do you feel about the idea of Muslims and non-Muslims coming together to share verses and teachings from their holy books with each other, exploring differences as well as seeking common ground?
On the surface that sounds wonderful. But, the end result would probably result in unforseen problems.

A simpler step would have better results. Both Muslims and non-Muslims need to speak out against this outrage. However, since we both are affected differently separate actions would have better results. We may be facing a common enemy, but we are actually fighting separate battles. To mix the 2 battles can lead to misunderstandings and confusion.

This would be the time for Christian churches to make an effort within their perspective churches to denounce the actions of people like Terry Jones and disclaim any association with churches like Dove. It would be a clear message that the people of Dove are not Christian and their actions are not tolerated. The Christian community needs to fight the battle of showing they do not see the Dove church as Christian and uphold their beliefs of Christianity.

The Imams of the Masjids need to spread the word that we have a right to be offended by those who public ally defile that which is sacred to us and that we need to speak out to the offenders we know to be the offenders and not accuse others by what we see as association. This has to be seen as the act of one group and that group only should be the target of our anger and we need to be certain we use our anger in a constructive manner and not as being simply a return of hate for hate. We need to support the local Masjids in the Gainesville area. Support Muslims living in the region even to the point of financial assistance so that they can live in the region with a highly visible profile. Become active in groups such as this:
http://unitethemuslims.com/?tag=gainesville-fl
Make the presence of Muslims in Gainesville both noticeable and peaceful. Help the Muslims in Gainesville to feel both safe and proud to be seen and recognized as Muslims. Make the presence of Muslims known and show by our words and actions we are peaceful people and do not stoop to copying the actions of idiots.

Now on a combined effort, this is done best on the local government level, swamp the local government with petitions from both Muslims and non-Muslims. File civil actions suits against the Dove church pointing out they are inciting hatred of a minority. Get the IRS to investigate the tax exempt status of the Church as this does not seem to be a religious action, but a political comment and political organizations are not allowed tax exemption as a house of worship.

We both need to fight the same enemy, but we each need to do so ourselves as the enemy is attacking each of us in different ways. Two separate battles require 2 separate armies.

Pygoscelis
08-01-2010, 08:53 PM
Woodrow, given that this guy attacks both muslims and homosexuals this could be a very very rare case of muslims and homosexuals in some kind of united effort :shade: Never thought I'd see those two groups on the same side.

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Woodrow, given that this guy attacks both muslims and homosexuals this could be a very very rare case of muslims and homosexuals in some kind of united effort :shade: Never thought I'd see those two groups on the same side.

Hi Pygoscelis,

I think everybody he has offended needs to speak out. Each for their own reason and not attempt to combine or mix the reasons.

I suspect that after he stops getting donations for his current fiasco he will find another target to add to the list. Quite likely Atheists are on his list. If this nutter is like others I've seen he has a very long list and will go after each as he receives donations to fight his agenda. I am almost certain his list of groups he hates reads very similar to this and in this order:

1. Honosexuals

2. Muslims

3. Jews

4. Catholics

5. Atheists

6. Protestants

7. Non-white

8. All immigrants (except for his ancestors)

9. Educators

10. The poor (Yes the poor, as he will see them as receiving just punishment for living evil lives, plus he will by this stage to have collected enough in donations to be in the wealthy class)

glo
08-02-2010, 06:04 AM
I am almost certain his list of groups he hates reads very similar to this and in this order:

1. Homosexuals
2. Muslims
3. Jews
4. Catholics
5. Atheists
6. Protestants
7. Non-white
9. Educators
10. The poor (Yes the poor, as he will see them as receiving just punishment for living evil lives, plus he will by this stage to have collected enough in donations to be in the wealthy class)
You are kidding!
That means he has taken on all of us ... :uuh:

I think everybody he has offended needs to speak out. Each for their own reason and not attempt to combine or mix the reasons.
I agree to some extend that each of these groups should fight for their own cause and their own reasons.

But I also think there is a place to lay aside our differences and to stand together, and to show the world and Terry Jones and his Dove Church that we will not be divided in our common goal for justice, peace and tolerance.

north_malaysian
08-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak Saturday quoted from the Quran to urge fellow Muslims not to insult people of other faiths, after residents of a Muslim-majority area, protesting re-location of a Hindu temple to their locality, carried cow heads in a rally Friday.

source
Erm... the cow heads protest were done by Malay Nationalists not by Islamists. In fact many Muslims are against the protest as they were degrading halal-slaughtered cow heads..

north_malaysian
08-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Hi Pygoscelis,

I suspect that after he stops getting donations for his current fiasco he will find another target to add to the list. Quite likely Atheists are on his list. If this nutter is like others I've seen he has a very long list and will go after each as he receives donations to fight his agenda. I am almost certain his list of groups he hates reads very similar to this and in this order:

1. Honosexuals

2. Muslims

3. Jews

4. Catholics

5. Atheists

6. Protestants

7. Non-white

9. Educators

Educators? No wonder they're really dumb.... the poors? I believe that they wont get lots of converts then...

tw009
08-02-2010, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
Exactly! This is what I was talking about in my previous post #39. You said it better!

This whole thing remind me of what happened few months ago when they were trying to ban minarets in Switzerland and at the end we got one of those who made the decision as new brother to us that reverted to Islam. Isn't that amazing? SubhanAllah this religion is amazing ! The more haters try to attack it, the more people like it!

The same thing happened in 9/11!
SubhanAllah!
reminds me of this verse : " But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners." [8:30]

Muslimeen
08-02-2010, 08:14 AM
How I wish we had a Khalifa, someone who could rally Islamic troops from around the world, across all borders. Come Mahdi, we need you.

Woodrow
08-02-2010, 03:34 PM
What I find amazing is the guy heads a relativity small group in a small town and he has gained world wide attention. Legitimate causes for constructive uses seldom get even a single paragraph on the back page of a small newspaper.

Not long ago say 50 years ago. This nutter would not have had enough mention to attrack the attention of more than a handful of people and he would have ended in obscurity unknown and with no attention.

The guy wants and needs attention for one purpose and one pur[pose only. To get money from donations to pay his bills.

Woodrow
08-02-2010, 03:57 PM

You are kidding!
That means he has taken on all of us ... :uuh:

Those nutters actually do believe only themselves and their small group of followers are the only people who follow god (their god) and that anybody who does not agree with them is doomed. They actully do show that much hate against all people. Most of the time they usually get no attention and simply fade away after a short period of time. But on occasion they do something that gets attention.

Jim Jones and his suicide cult

David Koresh and his Branch Davidians (although in this case the government intervention was worse than the group)

The Comet guy in California (He would have gone un noticed if it had not been necessary to clean up the bodies, of his followers who committed suicide to ride on Haley's comet)

Pygoscelis
08-02-2010, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
How I wish we had a Khalifa, someone who could rally Islamic troops from around the world, across all borders. Come Mahdi, we need you.
You want to rally troops over this? Way to confirm this guy's image of Islam.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-02-2010, 05:48 PM
We want a khilafa regardless of whether an attack is made or not and it won't change for anybody!

joedawun
08-02-2010, 06:28 PM
What, in your opinion, could a Khalifa do in this situation? How could it counter the wrongful and hateful views of Islam displayed by this nutter and his twisted handful of followers in Gainesville, FL?

Woodrow
08-02-2010, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joedawun
What, in your opinion, could a Khalifa do in this situation? How could it counter the wrongful and hateful views of Islam displayed by this nutter and his twisted handful of followers in Gainesville, FL?
It is a very hypothetical question.

Many if not most Muslims (Myself included) believe that the next Kalifah will only come with the arrival of the Mahdi and the return of Jesus(PBUH).

In which case this situation would be non-existant.

north_malaysian
08-03-2010, 02:20 AM
It is a very hypothetical question.

Many if not most Muslims (Myself included) believe that the next Kalifah will only come with the arrival of the Mahdi and the return of Jesus(PBUH).

In which case this situation would be non-existant.
Me too... there would be no Caliph before Al Mahdi as Muslims are not united at all..

Darth Ultor
08-03-2010, 05:16 AM
What the Mahdi?

north_malaysian
08-03-2010, 05:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
What the Mahdi?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi

Muslimeen
08-03-2010, 07:18 AM
You want to rally troops over this? Way to confirm this guy's image of Islam.
Yes, maybe then the west will respect our values, our prophet and the sanctity of our religion. It seems speaking and debating has become useless it is time for action it seems, it is the only language they understand. Everything we say falls on deaf ears, the blood of muslims has become soo cheap that they massacre us in the thousands if not millions and everyone turns a blind eye and they called themselves the civilized world, they do with us as they please. It is only when we get a Khalifa someone who can unite us on and off the battlefield that they will learn that the sons and daughters of Islam are theres no more. They have taken a step too many.

Muslim Woman
08-04-2010, 11:13 PM
Salaam/Peace

a comment from other site :

Wolfe Tone · 1 hour ago

"We will burn TORAHS because we think it's time for Christians, for churches, for politicians to stand up and say no; JUDAISM and JUDAIC law is not welcome in the U.S."

Can you imagine the firestorm of reaction from Congress and the Mainstream Media if the above statement were used?

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle26080.htm

Rabi Mansur
08-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Excellent point Uckti.

Zafran
08-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Salaam/Peace

a comment from other site :

Wolfe Tone · 1 hour ago

"We will burn TORAHS because we think it's time for Christians, for churches, for politicians to stand up and say no; JUDAISM and JUDAIC law is not welcome in the U.S."

Can you imagine the firestorm of reaction from Congress and the Mainstream Media if the above statement were used?

http://www.informationclearinghouse....ticle26080.htm
Salaam

a good point indeed.

peace

Argamemnon
08-05-2010, 03:22 AM
Muslims must always be kind to all people regardless if they are Christians, Pagans or disbelievers (as long as they don't attack and kill us). Our beloved prophet was always extremely kind and merciful to all human beings.

titus
08-05-2010, 03:35 AM
an you imagine the firestorm of reaction from Congress and the Mainstream Media if the above statement were used?
There wouldn't be a firestorm. It would get about as much attention as this incident did, which is not much.

There are people denigrating Jews in this country every day, mainly White Power groups and Muslims. It's nothing new and hardly newsworthy.

Argamemnon
08-05-2010, 03:37 AM
There are people denigrating Jews in this country every day, mainly White Power groups and Muslims. It's nothing new and hardly newsworthy.
You can't criticize Zionists and Zionism in the U.S..

titus
08-05-2010, 03:47 AM
I don't know who you get your information from but their information is very flawed. Plenty of people in this country criticize it.

Over 20,000 people from around the United States assembled in front of the White House on Saturday and marched across the streets of Washington in the first national demonstration, opposing the Israeli military invasion of Gaza.

“We are calling for the immediate end of the siege on Gaza and the immediate end to all US aid to Israel,” said Mike Prysner, member of the Answer coalition and one of the rally organizers.

And that is just one small example. There are numerous groups against the state of Israel also, including multiple Jewish organizations.

Nobody has ever been arrested for criticizing Zionism. There is nothing to stop any American from doing so.

Zafran
08-05-2010, 03:56 AM
I don't know who you get your information from but their information is very flawed. Plenty of people in this country criticize it.

Over 20,000 people from around the United States assembled in front of the White House on Saturday and marched across the streets of Washington in the first national demonstration, opposing the Israeli military invasion of Gaza.

“We are calling for the immediate end of the siege on Gaza and the immediate end to all US aid to Israel,” said Mike Prysner, member of the Answer coalition and one of the rally organizers.

And that is just one small example. There are numerous groups against the state of Israel also, including multiple Jewish organizations.

Nobody has ever been arrested for criticizing Zionism. There is nothing to stop any American from doing so.
this realy doesnt have the same effect on the whitehouse as AIPAC does.

Argamemnon
08-05-2010, 03:57 AM
If, for example, Muslims and non-Muslims (as suggested) come together on 9/11 to share a meal and share passages from their holy books with each other, they will be the water which will quench the flames Dove Church is trying to kindle!
I'm sorry glo, but I believe western states must apologize to the entire Muslim world for carrying out these False Flag Operations (which some western intelligence agencies admit) in order to create their 'New World Order'.

You might find this interesting to read:

Americans Target Of Largest Media Brainwashing Campaign In History:

http://www.rense.com/general15/tr.htm

And please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to "educate" you or anything, since you seem like a very intelligent and educated person, but even intelligent people are being brainwashed by the media.

Argamemnon
08-05-2010, 04:10 AM
By the way, one ex-Mossad operative who has wrote a book on the organization's covert operations has pointed out how they use "fake" rocket attacks and even bombing to sway public opinion, particularly against the Palestinians.

Muslim Woman
08-05-2010, 05:27 AM
Salaam/Peace

Earlier u said : There are people denigrating Jews in this country every day, mainly White Power groups and Muslims.

The example u gave has nothing to do with ur allegation . Protest against crime against humanity and burning someone's holy book / ridiculing on'es faith -there is a lot of differences .

BlackMamba
08-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Let them do what they want. I, like millions of other huffaaz, have the entire Quran in my heart. They can burn every Quran in the world, and we will still have the Quran intact. Unlike the Bible, the Quran is actually the same book everywhere you go. The bible is different every version you read.The bible is already ruined, we don't have to burn it.

Muslim Woman
08-05-2010, 08:17 AM
Salaam/Peace

that's a good idea , glo :)

God Willing , both groups will be able to do some positive things like this always.

Muezzin
08-05-2010, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Let them do what they want. I, like millions of other huffaaz, have the entire Quran in my heart. They can burn every Quran in the world, and we will still have the Quran intact.
Took the words right out of my keyboard.

ابن آل مرة
08-05-2010, 08:43 AM

Here is the idiot Terry Jones, who started all this non-sense. typical "moslem" hater who has no clue about Islam. video is here
http: w w w. cnn. com/ 2010/US/07/29/florida.burn.quran.day/index.html

Woodrow
08-05-2010, 02:39 PM
I think we all need to keep in mind that the "Terry Jones" type people, suffer from the same symptoms of ignorance and bigotry. This type does pop up fairly often. The groups are usually short term, lasting only as long as the "pastor" is viewed as a leader. Typically they have no actual religious back ground and often a past history of a very anti-sociol life style.

They come and go, usually never gathering more than a handful of followers. However, they usually do some acts that are very high profile and attrack more attention than what they deserve. But, news sells when it is controversial. But, we need to keep in mind it is the work of a very sick individual.

These people often thinkof themselves as being "prophets" "saviors" and the last remnant of genuine believers. They are quite blind and all facts contrary to their view is seen by them as proof of how corrupt the rest of the world has become.

titus
08-06-2010, 01:29 AM
The example u gave has nothing to do with ur allegation . Protest against crime against humanity and burning someone's holy book / ridiculing on'es faith -there is a lot of differences .
The quote was in reply to someone who said that you cannot criticize Zionism in the US.

this realy doesnt have the same effect on the whitehouse as AIPAC does.
True, the pro-Israeli is much stronger, but that does not equate to not being able to criticize Zionism in the US, which was the allegation.

aamirsaab
08-06-2010, 08:43 AM
ROFL at this noob. Burning Qur'ans isn't offensive (it's one of the ways we are to dispose of our holy book). Plus, they'd have to buy these Qur'ans from an Islamic bookstore.

EPIC FAIL

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2010, 01:24 PM
^^Exactly LoL! People are ridiculous.

Darth Ultor
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Humanity seriously has no hope as a whole. I sometimes wonder why God gave us brains if we don't use them.

Pygoscelis
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM
So... burning he Quran isn't a big deal? So why are so many muslims here upset about it?:p

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Because they aren't burning for that reason, but in a disrespectful manner. We don't just go burning things for no reason.

Woodrow
08-06-2010, 06:31 PM
So... burning he Quran isn't a big deal? So why are so many muslims here upset about it?:p
The reason for the burning may be a good starting point to look at. I see 2 puposes for this burning.

1. To disrespect Islam and make a poignant statement that they do not believe Muslims worship God(swt) They have no fear of defiling the Qur'an as they do not see it as being the Word of God(swy) That is what gets me angry. However I am of the school of thought that tends to try to fight without physical violence.

2. It is an attention getter and Terry Jones wants to put himself and his church on the map. Call it shock advertising. A statement that a small man in a small church in a small town is willing to attack nearly 2 billion Muslims. The goal in advertising to to get a name visible to the public, why worry about facts when you can get attention?

Karl
08-07-2010, 12:13 AM
It's the symbolism, a very anti Islamic sentiment and since the Quran is mainly based on Hanifan (monotheism) it is an attack on all the Abrahamic religions. This guy Terry Jones and co are really Satanists trying to cause trouble.
This guy is no Christian just a sh*thead.

Bintulislam
08-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Oh!he's just trying to get attention.It just shows how intolerable these non-believers could be who maintain a status of most tolerant of civilizations.I pity them,because they're not fighting against mortals.They can't understand as they have eyes but they don't bring sight and light to them and God has given them ears but they can't grasp a single word of goodness by them.They'll not understand it now,let's tell them to wait.

Pygoscelis
08-07-2010, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
This guy Terry Jones and co are really Satanists trying to cause trouble.
This guy is no Christian just a sh*thead.
Satanists? I'm sorry, but the guy self-identifies as a Christian and I take him at his word. Everything he rails against has some biblical backing for it. It may be twisted, but it is definitely sourced.

He is most certainly not a Satanist. Do you know what Satanists believe or are you just saying Satanism because you imagine it to be the worship of evil? Tribalism is what is inspiring him, us vs them mentality, and that comes straight from his interpretation of the bible, the same idiotic interpretation that led to things like the crusades, witch burnings, and the inquisition.

Muslim Woman
08-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Salaam Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Burning Qur'ans isn't offensive (it's one of the ways we are to dispose of our holy book).
I read that it's better to bury the Quran if it's no more in position to use or throw it in to the water .

And Allah Knows Best.

nousername
08-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I was really upset and offended about these losers burning the holy Qur'an but then I remembered that they will burn in a fire much hotter in hell and for the mischief they are making and hateful things they are doing, they deserve it inshaAllah.

Pygoscelis
08-08-2010, 07:42 AM
I would not wish eternal torment on anybody.

Karl
08-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Satanists? I'm sorry, but the guy self-identifies as a Christian and I take him at his word. Everything he rails against has some biblical backing for it. It may be twisted, but it is definitely sourced.

He is most certainly not a Satanist. Do you know what Satanists believe or are you just saying Satanism because you imagine it to be the worship of evil? Tribalism is what is inspiring him, us vs them mentality, and that comes straight from his interpretation of the bible, the same idiotic interpretation that led to things like the crusades, witch burnings, and the inquisition.
Satanists are liars and deceivers eg politicians, fascists, Marxists, feminists, atheists etc. And they hate the words of God. Of course they would not admit to being Satanists, that would make them less evil.

tw009
08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
http://maniacmuslim.com/?p=965

Woodrow
08-09-2010, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by tw009

Although that article is written a bit "Tongue in cheek" The author Hamzah Moin, just may have the best method of handling idiots like Terry Jones. Satire and ridicule can end stupidity faster and more effectively than any other means.

That needs to be printed in the Gainesville newspaper.

Pygoscelis
08-09-2010, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Satanists are liars and deceivers eg politicians, fascists, Marxists, feminists, atheists etc. And they hate the words of God. Of course they would not admit to being Satanists, that would make them less evil.
Perhaps you are using "satanists" as just a buzz word for "evil" people you don't like, but it is also a religion. Linking the two may be seen as practitioners of satanism as just as hateful as linking Islam to terrorism.

Pygoscelis
08-09-2010, 06:17 AM

Although that article is written a bit "Tongue in cheek" The author Hamzah Moin, just may have the best method of handling idiots like Terry Jones. Satire and ridicule can end stupidity faster and more effectively than any other means.

That needs to be printed in the Gainesville newspaper.

If you like that one, check this one out. This is what we did when Fred Phelps tried to picket comiccon. Phelps is this guys more famous clone. He's the notorious hateful preacher - who does things like picket the funerals - yes funerals of homosexuals with hateful messages. He also hates muslims, atheists, europeans, budhists, and anybody else who doesn't think like him.

This link cracks me up:

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/0...aptist-church/

M.I.A.
09-17-2010, 07:42 PM
I would not wish eternal torment on anybody.
then you should stand against it.

TabTabiun
09-17-2010, 09:07 PM
That pastor is full of it!SubhanaAllah but Allah always protects his just like when that man Abram tried to destroy the Kaaba. He was scared anyway but had he had went on with his plans Allah might have allowed the flames to engulf them....stupid fools.

TabTabiun
09-17-2010, 09:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nousername
I was really upset and offended about these losers burning the holy Qur'an but then I remembered that they will burn in a fire much hotter in hell and for the mischief they are making and hateful things they are doing, they deserve it inshaAllah.
I was angry about them doing it but I don want them to go to he'll I don't want that for anyone. May Allah guide him. Allah can guide whosoever he pleases just like Umar IBn AlKHattab may Allah be pleased with him.Amin

TabTabiun
09-17-2010, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
then you should stand against it.
What do you mean??? Allah Azza Wa Jaal promises the disbelievers of a severe torment after he has decided what say shall we have? None! Allah is Just.

TabTabiun
09-17-2010, 09:23 PM
It is a big deal it's a huge deal! They were attempting to do it out of hatred and disrescpect. So much for "Christians" that claim peace and love! Terry Jones follow nothing but his flimsy desires but like I said he may become Muslim let's make dua that he does InshaAllah

islamirama
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Thank you Pastor Terry Jones

For your service to Islam!

1.Thanks for making Quran a bestseller. More copies Qurans and were sold on Amazon, local and online Islamic stores, thus providing humanity an opportunity to read and ponder over God's guidance for humanity.

2.Thanks for the business. More people bought Islamic literature, along with the Quran, generating extra revenue for the Islamic stores.

3.More individuals visited the mosques to attend Muslim open houses and Islam presentations, thus receiving the wonderful message of Islam.

4.More individuals called on the GainPeace's outreach hotline 800-662-ISLAM and inquired about the faith of Islam, giving Muslims an opportunity to explain Islam to our fellow citizens. You generated more publicity for Islam, then all our past outreach campaigns combined.

5.More people Googled the words 'Islam' and 'Quran'.The more that you spoke about Islam and the Quran, more people came to Muslim websites to learn about the truth of Islam.

6.Libraries were busy loaning out copies of the Quran. Yes, libraries across the USA, Canada and Europe were busy lend out copies of the Quran to its patrons.

7.Thanks for saving the Muslims advertisement dollars.The free publicity to the words 'Quran' and 'Islam', that you gave, Muslims could have spent millions of dollars but couldn't have generated the same publicity and attention of the media, and thanks to you, the word of God (the Quran) became a household word.

8.Thanks for waking up the Muslims. Muslim all across the world are now more passionate about the wonderful and peaceful faith of Islam and are eager to share it with their neighbors, colleagues, friends and humanity.

9.Thanks for encouraging more people to embrace Islam. We had more people calling, learning and embracing Islam in the past few weeks, then we ever had since the last 40 years.

10.Thanks for uniting the people of conscience, the Muslim, the Jews, the Christians, the Hindus, and the atheist, on the common platform of goodness, love and tolerance and against hatred, bias and bigotry.

Pastor Terry Jones, we pray that you actually read the Quran with an open mind and heart and ponder over its message of the oneness of God. If you love Jesus, follow the religion of Jesus, the religion of Jesus was Islam, submission to the The Creator. May God, enlighten you to the truth of Islam and that you start worshiping the One Creator as was preached and practiced by Prophets Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, peace be upon them. Welcome to Islam.

Dr. Sabeel Ahmed
Director
The GainPeace Project, USA

glo
09-18-2010, 06:39 AM
^
I came across this on facebook. It is very true.

May more people bother to learn and understand the faith of others, to treat others with kindness and respect - regardless of whether they convert or not.

I wonder how Pastor Jones feels about the idea of having furthered the understanding and tolerance of Islam in his country ...

Woodrow
09-18-2010, 01:23 PM
^
I came across this on facebook. It is very true.

May more people bother to learn and understand the faith of others, to treat others with kindness and respect - regardless of whether they convert or not.

I wonder how Pastor Jones feels about the idea of having furthered the understanding and tolerance of Islam in his country ...
Quite a few Muslims, myself included sent him emails Thanking him for the service he has done to help spread Islam. This may very well be the year more Americans revert than have ever reverted before. Thanks to the publicity he has given us. I guess he has gotten too many emails. His email account is now closed.

Muslim Woman
09-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Asalamu'alaikum
my bro just sent me an interesting mail

Skateboarder Jacob Isom an internet hero after he swipes Koran and runs off at book-burning event

The "Dude, you HAVE no Koran" hat, made by a supporter of Jacob Isom which is now available to buy online.

BY Helen Kennedy
Daily News Staff Writer
Monday, September 13th 2010, 4:14 PM

The internet has a new hero: Amarillo, Texas, skateboarder Jacob Isom.
The 23-year-old single-handedly stopped a Koran burning in an Amarillo park Saturday by swiping the kerosene-soaked holy book when the militant Christian protest leader's back was turned.

"He said something about burning the Koran and I was like, 'Dude, you HAVE no Koran' and ran off," Isom told local TV News Channel 10.

The video went viral across the internet Monday and "dude you HAVE no koran" became the catchphrase of the moment, instantly emblazoned on T-shirts and ballcaps.
Facebook groups popped up to laud Isom, who yoinked the book from David Grisham, director of Repent Amarillo, a group that crusades against promiscuity, homosexuality and non-Christians.
Grisham's group was outnumbered Sunday at Sam Houston Park by counter protesters from the Unitarian Universalist Church carrying signs saying "Love Thy Neighbor."

But no one knew how to stop the burning until Isom took matters - and the book - into his own hands.
Left with only lighter fluid, Grisham wandered out of the park, jeered by protesters holding up crosses.
Isom gave the Koran he rescued to a local imam.

Woodrow
09-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Looks like Terry Jones no longer feels welcome in Gainesvulle Florida.

SOURCE

If he moves to Tampa as he seems to plan, he may be in for a bigger surprise.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/09/Hi...lim_popu.shtml

Gainesville is a small town with very few if any Muslims. He may be in for a surprise and culture shock in Tampa. Perhaps the shock would do him some good.

http://www.istaba.org/mission.html

Amat Allah
09-18-2010, 03:30 PM
May Allah guide us all and him before standing for reckoning in the court of Allah...Ameeen

everyone please, don`t affirm entering hellfire or Paradise for anyone ...those whom Allah said about them that they will be in hellfire are who died as disbelievers, they died and the doors of repentance had been closed for them ,they are not live anymore to have another chance I seek refuge from Allah and beging Allah to protect us and never make us from them Ameen...

but this man is a live and you don`t know ever if Allah would guide him or not... so, please just for the sake of Allah stop it...cause it is Haraam really Haraam to do so...and Allah Is The Only One Who Judges and Decides where to put His creation, not you O slaves and servants of Allah...

return to the Suunah and you will find many stories about this...

May Allah guide us all and keep us firm on the straight way of Him...Ameen

Woodrow
09-18-2010, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah
May Allah guide us all and him before standing for reckoning in the court of Allah...Ameeen

everyone please, don`t affirm entering hellfire or Paradise for anyone ...those whom Allah said about them that they will be in hellfire are who died as disbelievers, they died and the doors of repentance had been closed for them ,they are not live anymore to have another chance I seek refuge from Allah and beging Allah to protect us and never make us from them Ameen...

but this man is a live and you don`t know ever if Allah would guide him or not... so, please just for the sake of Allah stop it...cause it is Haraam really Haraam to do so...and Allah Is The Only One Who Judges and Decides where to put His creation, not you O slaves and servants of Allah...

return to the Suunah and you will find many stories about this...

May Allah guide us all and keep us firm on the straight way of Him...Ameen
That is true. Perhaps this being shunned by his own non-Muslim community and moving to Tampa will encourage him to read the book he has been trying to destroy. He himself has admitted he has never read the Qur'an and because of his location I doubt he has met very few Muslims and has believed the stereotype lies.

May Allaah(swt) guide him and may his heart be opened.

M.I.A.
09-18-2010, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TabTabiun
What do you mean??? Allah Azza Wa Jaal promises the disbelievers of a severe torment after he has decided what say shall we have? None! Allah is Just.
there is the power of man
and then there is the power of god.... not in that order though.

i guess if we have a say it is only on the face of things, the greater plan is not known.
in ignorance i guess i can say i am against tummult and opression but what my effort and feelings are ultimately directed against are unknown to me.
through this i have achieved a percieved state of humility, to cover my vanity of course.
its the fear of god really.
and a hatred of the shaytaan....i cannot help it.

more and more people are becoming self rightous to the point of forgetting the order of things.
so the quran becomes more and more important in deciding on an appropriate response and then letting things take there course.

help those around you and fear not those that are heard across oceans and in your homes.

Pygoscelis
09-18-2010, 11:09 PM
It is a big deal it's a huge deal! They were attempting to do it out of hatred and disrescpect. So much for "Christians" that claim peace and love! Terry Jones follow nothing but his flimsy desires but like I said he may become Muslim let's make dua that he does InshaAllah

First you state that severe torment is good and just, then you complain about hatred and disrespect of a guy burning a book. The irony is pretty thick don't you think?

Rabi Mansur
09-19-2010, 02:12 AM
That is true. Perhaps this being shunned by his own non-Muslim community and moving to Tampa will encourage him to read the book he has been trying to destroy. He himself has admitted he has never read the Qur'an and because of his location I doubt he has met very few Muslims and has believed the stereotype lies.

May Allaah(swt) guide him and may his heart be opened.
Yes! Wouldn't it be something if a few months from now it was on the news that he had reverted?

Stranger things have happened. Allah (swt) knows best. I prefer to always hold out hope for humanity.

Woodrow
09-19-2010, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi Mansur
Yes! Wouldn't it be something if a few months from now it was on the news that he had reverted?

Stranger things have happened. Allah (swt) knows best. I prefer to always hold out hope for humanity.

Thinking it over we all may have misjudged him. The more I learn about the more I have come to realize how misinformed he has been about us. Perhaps his action was Allaah(swt)'s way of getting sincere Muslims to contact Terry Jones and show him what Islam really is and not what he was taught to believe.

Amat Allah
09-19-2010, 01:35 PM
Bismellah...

What do you think my respected and noble brothers of sending him nice letters about the real meaning of Islam and its basic principles teaching him in a kind way ,following in that the way of our prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) so sincere honest patient and respected only for the sake of Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta`aala...

I know that many of you are mad and I swear you have the right to be , cause this is out of your love for your Lord ,His Books ,Prophets and Deen but we should not let this anger becomes something else taking us from the beautiful and sound teachings of This religion which Allah The Most Merciful and Compassionate taught us...

Just imagine if that person was one of your relatives , what would you do? and do the same with him, May Allah guide him Ameeeeeen

and remember that Allah Al Mighty sent His messengers and prophets (peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all) to nations done worse than what he has done... Sodomites Pharaoh and others...

Islam is the way of Allah and it is for everyone and everything ,living and non no matter what...

as Muslims ,we are the soliders of Allah not to kill others or abuse them but to preserve protect spread and teach this religion of truth to others after Allah by the way which Allah taught us...and why?

to be named Muslims only? no but because we love for them what we love for our selves , to see feel and live in the real true and endless happiness which won`t be but by knowing Allah and worship Him alone by the right way ,following His commandments and orders happialy peacefuly and with a complete submition and sincerety...

these are not my words and I am not praising my self here , no wallahi Aaootho bellah ,I might be the worst here but this is what Allah taught me through His Glory Book which He Revealed to The Master of Humanity ,Our dear Prophet Muhammad Bin Abdillaah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him and all messengers and prophets)...

Alhamdulillah that Allah made us Muslims...

reminder for me first then all my brothers and sisters...

May Allah guide us accept us and be pleased with us till we meet Him in the Highest level of the Paradise ...Ameeen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!