/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Mobile APPS! Free downloads!

sabr*
07-30-2010, 12:33 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

The following link provides free Mobile Applications with Islamic content.

http://www.searchtruth.com/

http://download.cnet.com/Islamic-Sup...-10847583.html

Jazakumullahu Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
07-30-2010, 12:35 AM
:sl:

There's also pocket quran freeware java app http://pocketquran.com/

:wa:

Brasco
07-30-2010, 12:38 AM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
الحمد الله
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Unfortunately there is no App for the iPhone. Anyway, Jazak Allah kheir. There's even a Hadith search engine! Masha'allah!

Insecured soul
07-30-2010, 01:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brasco
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
الحمد الله

Unfortunately there is no App for the iPhone. Anyway, Jazak Allah kheir. There's even a Hadith search engine! Masha'allah!
if ur looking for islamic apps for iphone go here http://www.guidedways.com/index.php

salaam alaikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sawdah
07-30-2010, 02:30 AM
JazakAllah Khair brother sabr* for sharing.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
الحمد الله

I find of bunch of apps for the iPhone and for the iTouch brother.

Type this in the app store app. (which are all free btw)

iPray Lite
iQuran
iMushaf
Islamic Calendar
Hadith Qudsi
Daily Hadith

There are much more, just search 'Islam' or 'Islamic' in your App Store app inshaAllah . :smile:

:w:

Brasco
07-30-2010, 02:34 AM
Alhamdulillah I've got these apps too :) I just thought, that site would contain much more islamic apps :D Jazak Allah kheir!!

Insecured soul
07-30-2010, 03:49 AM
Alhamdulillah I've got these apps too :) I just thought, that site would contain much more islamic apps :D Jazak Allah kheir!!
very nice i have em too on my iphone, funny thing happend just a while ago, i was in a masajid for maghrib and i showed isubha which is an Islamic Prayer Beads software and guess what he told me?

he said we shudnt use such softwares and newly innovated things, this is from jews and i went huh :omg::hmm:

who can enlighten us on that??

Brasco
07-30-2010, 03:59 AM
Well, I quite often hear these "generic" statements. "Oh do not buy this and that, it's from the jews" Unless there is no evidence, we should not worry - insha'allah! I do not think, that "Guided Ways" belongs to a Jew. Would a Jew create such software for muslims? The one who says that this is from the jews, he should provide his evidence, otherwise it will be refused! Honestly, I'm pretty tired of these statements! And the worst thing is, people go to their extremes and say "This is kufr". We in the western world, esp. in europe have a really bad mindset! May Allah forgive all of us! amin!

sabr*
07-30-2010, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
very nice i have em too on my iphone, funny thing happend just a while ago, i was in a masajid for maghrib and i showed isubha which is an Islamic Prayer Beads software and guess what he told me?

he said we shudnt use such softwares and newly innovated things, this is from jews and i went huh :omg::hmm:

who can enlighten us on that??

The developers of the software who post Arabic names would be highly offended for someone calling them Jews. The lack of sophistication is shown depending on where a person was raised. Many of our Muslim communities are subject to tribal indoctrination that has no Islamic basis or foundation.

The conspiracy theories run very deep. If they didn't create it they will disparage anyone even if Muslim.

The www.searchtruth.com website is definitely Muslim. I rarely get confronted with those far out comments because I will ask for Dalil (evidence) when it exits the mouth.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 71:

Narrated Abu Dhar:

That he heard the Prophet saying, "If somebody accuses another of Fusuq (by calling him 'Fasiq' i.e. a wicked person) or accuses him of Kufr, such an accusation will revert to him (i.e. the accuser) if his companion (the accused) is innocent."

Insecured soul
08-01-2010, 02:21 AM
i agree with both of u all here, i think the problem is that these are just a little narrow minded muslim but still they are our brothers in faith, i always try to tell them the truth as they dont know :)

and yes we shoudnt blame anyone unless we have the proof

salaam alaikum

Salihah
08-10-2010, 10:43 AM
salaam alaikum

I discovered a free iphone app which runs on ios4 even with older iphone pretty good.
it is called "alQuran v2.2"
the developer webside is almubin.com
I am not an islamic scholar so I cant say if everything islamically is correct, but to me its a great app as I can see the arabic original quran with translation to many different languages on one page. And you can listen to recitation while reading.
The only thing is, that after installation you have to choose a font which takes a few minutes time.

sabr*
08-14-2010, 09:50 PM

Ukh Salihah:

Jazakumullahu Khair for the contribution.

BlackMamba
08-16-2010, 01:39 PM
Beware of the "alQuran" app and all other apps by almubin.com. They are Shia and therefore have some big differences. In the alquran app it has references trying to prove false ideas like the twelve imams and mutah marriage. They have translations of ayaat from the Quran that they twist to make it support their beliefs. If u use their apps, make sure u change the default translation to something acceptable (ex. Yusuf Ali). And just beware of anything suspicious with their apps.

sabr*
08-17-2010, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shakoor15
Beware of the "alQuran" app and all other apps by almubin.com. They are Shia and therefore have some big differences. In the alquran app it has references trying to prove false ideas like the twelve imams and mutah marriage. They have translations of ayaat from the Quran that they twist to make it support their beliefs. If u use their apps, make sure u change the default translation to something acceptable (ex. Yusuf Ali). And just beware of anything suspicious with their apps.

Shakoor15:

Jazakumullahu Khair for the contribution

sherazi313
08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
thinks
jazakallah ho khira

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!