/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I never want to see this agaiin

sister herb
07-31-2010, 01:14 PM
Two weeks ago I saw old man was on street and no one stopped not even asked if he is sick.

20 people walked over. :cry: I was only who stopped and asked are you hurt?

He had heart attack. I called ambulance. Maybe I saved his life.

:heated: Why others walk over him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caller الداعي
07-31-2010, 01:21 PM
alhamdulilah!! may Allah reawrd u

glo
07-31-2010, 01:32 PM
How wonderful that you were there to help him, sister harb. And what a testimony and example to other people! :)

I think people are often scared to take charge of a situation, scared of making a mistake or looking a fool, scared of being criticised or sued ...
It's very sad, really.

It reminds me of the story of the Good Samaritan.

Lucky for this man, there are still some of them about! :)
Did you find out what happened to him?

sister herb
07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Peace Glo

I have first aid medical training from Red Cross. He is alive. Just yesterday I met him and drunk coffee with him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
07-31-2010, 02:00 PM
Peace Glo

I was his Good Samatarian. To me his religion was just same. He was just human needed help. Nothing else.

glo
07-31-2010, 02:04 PM
That's amazing!

What did you talk about? It must have been a very special occasion - but perhaps also quite strange.

Vigno
07-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Asalamu alekum

Jazaki Allah khiir sister. Glo is right about people scared of responsibility or being sued but also some people just don't care unfortunately. Allah yahdihum.
May Allah increase people like you, ameen.

Salamu Alekum

sister herb
07-31-2010, 02:22 PM
salam alykum

I know that some people just don´t stop. Before this man on street I saved one 4 yers old girl from one lake.

Vigno
07-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Asalamu Alekum

Mashallah sister, may Allah aid you in helping many others inshallah. Be sure that Allah will reward you in this life and the next inshallah. In the Quran Allah says that who gives life to one person, then its like giving life to all people.

sister herb
07-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Some people has to stop.

Vigno
07-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Yess.... But how can you force them to stop when their hearts take them away...

Alpha Dude
07-31-2010, 02:53 PM
I think this happens because of a multitude of reasons:

- People live almost robotic lives and are too busy doing their own thing. There's always something that needs to be done (work or leisure wise) and people don't want to be distracted by something that does not ultimately concern them.

- Lack of 'brotherhood'. Just why should people care for someone that is essentially just a stranger?

- Value of human life has decreased due to desensitization. 'It's only someone having a heart attack. Meh.'

- Leaving it for someone else to do since plenty of people are about.

Abdul-Raouf
07-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Alhamdulillah ....Help human beings when they are poor/needy/condition .... irrespective of their status/faith/look....

Read the below...it would motivate you more.. to help others....

It is said that the Prophet Ibrahim (A.S.)(Abraham) would not eat unless there was some guest on his table. Once it so happened that there did not come any guest and Prophet Abraham was hungry

Abraham then went out in search of a guest and he found one very old man in the nearby forest. He invited the old man to dine with him and the man agreed and started out with Abraham. On the way Abraham asked him about his religion and he said I am an atheist. Prophet Abraham was angry and cancelled his invitation. When he did so he heard a voice from above: O Abraham We tolerated him (the old man) for seventy years despite his disbelief and you could not tolerate him for seven minutes. Abraham repented and took the old man home for dining.

The lesson is clear what to believe and who is right and who is wrong should be left to Allah rather than our weak judgement. Our judgement is often influenced by several factors including our ego, our interests, our beliefs, colour of our skin and our ethnicity. Allah alone can judge most impartially. Thus our respect for others and our compassion should not be meant for limited number of groups. It should be as wide in sweep as possible.

sister herb
07-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Salam alaykum

I can´t stop others but I can stop.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-31-2010, 03:34 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

May Allaah reward you for your Act, Ameen

Like Brother Alpha Dude said, people arent very much concerned about strangers, if one person walks past the rest follow the herd, but not in all cases i guess like you sistah Harb and many others who have helped someone in the past!

May Allaah make the Ummah love their Brothers and Sisters and increase in Brotherhood and Sisterhood,Ameen

We should help one like its our duty an obligation indeed and not let our weaknesses get to us.
SubhaanAllaah

Wa`Alaaykum Salaam

أحمد
07-31-2010, 04:18 PM
:sl:

مَنۡ أَحۡيَاهَا فَڪَأَنَّمَآ أَحۡيَا ٱلنَّاسَ جَمِيعً۬ا*ۚ

Whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. (5:32)

:wa:

Rhubarb Tart
07-31-2010, 09:02 PM
alhamdulilah! Ameen to dua. I dont know why people do this, I never understood it. It maybe due to lost sense of community, everyone is out for themselves..

Did muslims walk by sis? subhallah if they did.

Misz_Muslimah
07-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Mashallah sister Harb..May Allah reward you :)

format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
May Allaah make the Ummah love their Brothers and Sisters and increase in Brotherhood and Sisterhood,Ameen
Ameen..

cat eyes
07-31-2010, 11:09 PM
people are just cold hearted or just plain evil. there is good people and there is bad people in the world some more bad then others this is why Allah only guides certain people to the truth because he knows there hearts subhanAllah.

if he was old i don't see how he could have been any harm to anybody.

im happy you were there sis. may Allah reward you Ameen

Asiyah3
08-01-2010, 01:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Salam alaykum

I can´t stop others but I can stop.

Ditto. We can't stop others but we can stop ourselves.

format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
Ameen.

أحمد
08-01-2010, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
people are just cold hearted or just plain evil. there is good people and there is bad people in the world some more bad then others this is why Allah only guides certain people to the truth because he knows there hearts subhanAllah.

if he was old i don't see how he could have been any harm to anybody.

im happy you were there sis. may Allah reward you Ameen
:sl:

Its not always as simple as some people are good and others evil; stupid people are another reality. Its possible that many ignored him due to their stupidity. We live in a world full of ignorant people; who are easily mislead by any little bit of their surroundings, such as the common media. Its not irrational to assume the possibility of stupidity being the main factor for leaving a person in suffering like that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!