User_23338
07-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Is this true?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-31-2010, 07:52 PM
Aslaamu`Alaaykum

Yazeed who? Whos Yazeed brother?
And if you heard something whatever it is, its better you bring some evidence along or it will just become a bashing someone thread and causing useless arguments!

Wa Alaaykum Salaam

User_23338
07-31-2010, 08:25 PM
yazeed is the person who killed prophet muhummad's(pbuh) family.

Rhubarb Tart
07-31-2010, 08:36 PM
I hardly listen to Zakir so I wouldnt know much. Like the sister said bring evidence otherwise stop assuming. Unless you seen or heard it for yourself with proof. This is like talking bad behind someone's back?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
07-31-2010, 08:42 PM
that was who Shia claimed that about him when they attacked Zakir Naik becuz he said Yazeed Ibn Mu'awiyah and he said after mentionning the name "may Allah be pleased with him" as we also follow any of the sahabah names of the prophets with that sentence. Shia was arguing why he said that. You know how Shia hate the family of Mu'awiyah family as they were involved in the battle of Jamal.

I remember watching a video about that in Youtube. I will search for that and will post it.

Rhubarb Tart
07-31-2010, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
that was who Shia claimed that about him when they attacked Zakir Naik becuz he said Yazeed Ibn Mu'awiyah and he said after mentionning the name "may Allah be pleased with him" as we also follow any of the sahabah names of the prophets with that sentence. Shia was arguing why he said that. You know how Shia hate the family of Mu'awiyah family as they were involved in the battle of Jamal.

I remember watching a video about that in Youtube. I will search for that and will post it.
Thanks for clearing this up.

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 09:00 PM
I often find errors in Dr. Naiks talks, but they have been Grammar, poor usage of satire and incomplete research methodology errors. In all of his videos that I have watched (Which is most if not all he has done) I have never seen him mention anything that could or should be considered as Support of Yazeed.

But, Dr. Naik while being a very brilliant man is very easily misunderstood. I have read of quite a few things people have misundertood him as saying.He also has a very wry, sometimes sarcastic sense of humor and if taken out of context, it is easily seen as something he did not intend it to be seen as.

I say for those who have any doubt about him to watch his videos and listen carefully and be certain to watch everything all the way through. If something seems to be contrary to Islam re-watch and listen carefully to what he is saying. Be aware of his odd humor and occasional sarcasm.

My only criticism about him is I do not reccommend his talks to everybody as they can be misunderstood.

Danah
07-31-2010, 09:01 PM
if you want to know more, just google "Yazeed Incident" and try to read from websites that's not for Shi'a. I can't post any article becuz I am just typing right now from an Ipod

Woodrow
07-31-2010, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
if you want to know more, just google "Yazeed Incident" and try to read from websites that's not for Shi'a. I can't post any article becuz I am just typing right now from an Ipod

:sl:

Good advice.

Rhubarb Tart
07-31-2010, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I often find errors in Dr. Naiks talks, but they have been Grammar, poor usage of satire and incomplete research methodology errors. In all of his videos that I have watched (Which is most if not all he has done) I have never seen him mention anything that could or should be considered as Support of Yazeed.

But, Dr. Naik while being a very brilliant man is very easily misunderstood. I have read of quite a few things people have misundertood him as saying.He also has a very wry, sometimes sarcastic sense of humor and if taken out of context, it is easily seen as something he did not intend it to be seen as.

I say for those who have any doubt about him to watch his videos and listen carefully and be certain to watch everything all the way through. If something seems to be contrary to Islam re-watch and listen carefully to what he is saying. Be aware of his odd humor and occasional sarcasm.

My only criticism about him is I do not reccommend his talks to everybody as they can be misunderstood.
Well said. I never really understood his talk sometime he does come across as many things the non muslims describe him as but like you said due to his odd humor and sarcasm.

I dont listen to him as I dont connect and understand him like many do. Like that one lecture when he was asked whether a non muslim are allowed to bulid their worship place in muslim countries. I found his answer to be weird and unhelpful to non muslims in particular especially since that question was responding to a non muslim. I dont mind others listening to him, I personally stopped after few lectures.

أحمد
07-31-2010, 09:26 PM
:sl:

There's been a lot of cry about Dr. Zakir Naik and mention of Yazeed; people get hyped up for arguments over little or nothing. All Dr. Zakir Naik said is "may Allah be pleased with him" as a standard sentence used for many sahabah and the following early generations. Yazeed did much evil, but Dr. Zakir Naik wasn't praising the evil actions of Yazeed.

Dr. Zakir Naik is a knowledgeable person; someone who gives many lectures, travels all over the world to spread the knowledge he knows. It isn't right to jump to conclusions against him on the basis of one mistake.

Those who took steps of placing takfeer upon Dr. Zakir Naik did it more on the basis that he spoke against grave worship and other similar shirk. I wrote an article concerning common shirk a few years ago.

:wa:

Insecured soul
08-01-2010, 02:42 AM
common guys what he said was correct in its context and even if it was mistake, people should realise he is doing work of dawah and through him many became muslim

even if he did a mistake why cant u forgive him? may be he repented??, may be allah will forgive him but may he wont forgive u slandering about him

and sometimes he will make mistake coz he is a human and not infallible to making mistake or even to sin no matter his brain works so brialliant

i personally have a great respect for this man and may allah forgive him and grant him the highest position in jannah

Rabi Mansur
08-01-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm sure he is serving a purpose and does a lot of good for dawah. But for me, I have never really got much out of what he says. His style just doesn't work for me.
Maybe others enjoy listening to him, but not me. I guess it is just a matter of taste and style.

Woodrow
08-01-2010, 03:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi Mansur
I'm sure he is serving a purpose and does a lot of good for dawah. But for me, I have never really got much out of what he says. His style just doesn't work for me.
Maybe others enjoy listening to him, but not me. I guess it is just a matter of taste and style.
I like his videos and feel I do learn from him. But, I agree with you he is not for everybody. His style does require an understanding of his wit and sarcasm. I only recommend his videos to people I know can understand his methods and style. I guess one thing I like is his tone of voice is one of the few speakers I can hear. I wonder if his videos are available in a written transcript? I would like to read them as I would like to very what I think he is saying with a written version. He may also come across better in print for others also.

Overall I like him, just know some people will misunderstand him because of his style.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!