/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pains in my heart

anonymous
08-01-2010, 07:35 AM
every now and again (like more than once a day) i find myself suddenly and involuntarily gasping...not the normal type of gasp you gasp when running, but more like when you need air. that's what been happening to me and i don't know if its normal. it like my heart skips a beat. i feel fine otherwise. i recall this happening since i was a kid not everyday though (hardly ever) and not as intense/sharp like they are now. 3 days ago i remeber 2, and yest i remeber 3 the last one was more intense then normal on that day. and so far today there has been about 3 i think. they come very unexpected and for no apparent reason.

my question: what is this, and is it normal? should i be worried.

becuase im making up missed fasts, could it be something to do with that? i dont want to go to the dr. yet as every time in the past when i booked becuase i thought there was something wrong with me, all turned out negative (alhamdulillah) so i dont want to bother.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
08-01-2010, 05:31 PM
i have had this for a while its usually because of our feelings and worry. it could be anxiety im taking tabs for it to relax myself

My heart beats extremely fast and i get palpatations if i don't take the tabs i use to get during the night time also and its extremely scary. i will probably be dependent on them most of my life because i can not control my panic attacks.

well maybe its best to see a doctor inshallah. :) i will keep you in my dua

جوري
08-01-2010, 05:55 PM
You should visit your GP and get a baseline ECG and pulmonary function tests..
No one can guess what is going on with someone else's heart, many people are born with congenital heart defects, valvular problems, accessory pathways like Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW) or idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic stenosis or mitral valve prolapse or a zillion other heart condition.. having heart problems isn't an 'old person disease' No one on board (even doctors) are qualified to give you a diagnosis or tell you it is OK based on a personal experience, you need to undergo some tests.. it could very well be nothing, just a little coffee or anxiety but how would we know?

:w:

Rhubarb Tart
08-01-2010, 06:03 PM
yeah like Lilly go to your GP. I had the same problem, it like someone holding my heart and my breathing get worse but mine was due stress pain. You need go to your GP, this might be serious.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!