/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Is This Description of the Prophet Mohamed (SAWS) Hidden

Tee
08-01-2010, 01:48 PM
Someone inquired about a dream he saw of the Prophet (PBUH) and the Prophet (PBUH) was brown (asmar) in his dream.The sheikh who was answering the questions replied by saying that the man he saw couldn’t have been the Prophet (PBUH). I wonder if this sheikh has ever heard about these Hadiths:

Yaqoub ibn Sufyan said: Amr ibn al-Awn and Said ibn Mansur told me: Khalid bin Abdullah narrated that Hamid Attawil told us that Anas ibn Maalik said:

"The Messenger of Allah was brown (asmar)".

Thus narrated this Hadith al-Hafez Abu Bakr al-Bazzar on the authority of Ali on the authority of Khalid Ibn Abdullah on the authority of Humaid on the authority of Anas. Also, Mohammed bin Muthanna related: Abdel Wahab narrated that Humaid reported that Anas said:

"The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) wasn’t tall nor short, and when he walked, he leaned forward, and he was brown (asmar)".

Then Bazzaar said: We do not know of anyone relating it from Humaid except Khaled and Abdul Wahab.

Then Al-Bayhaqi (blessings of Allah be upon him) said: Abu Husayn ibn Bashraan told us that Abu Jaafar Bazzaar related that Yahya ibn Jaafar related that Ali ibn Asim related that Humaid - making reference to the Hadith about the description of the prophet - said: "He was “white/abyad*”, his “whiteness/bayad*” inclined to brown (asmar)".

It is related by 'Auf that Yazid Al Farsi said :

"I saw the Prophet in a dream during the time of Ibn Abbas (Yazid used to write the Koran) and I said to Ibn Abbas that I saw the Messenger of Allah in my sleep. Ibn Abbas said that the Prophet used to say that the Shaitan cannot imitate me, and whoever saw me in his sleep, then he has really seen me, so can you describe to us the man you saw. He said: yes, I saw a man between the two men, his body and flesh were brown (asmar) close to “whiteness/bayad*”, he had a nice smile, black eyes, a beautifully shaped face, his beard filled from here to here until it almost filled the upper portion of his chest. 'Auf then said: I don't know what was with that part of the description. Then ibn Abbas said: If you were to see him awake, you couldn't describe him any better than that".

All of these Hadiths confirm that the Prophet was brown (asmar). Why is this fact being overlooked and concealed when they should be spread and taught to the people. Especially since it concerns our dear Prophet Muhammad (PBUH).

*NOTE:

“Whiteness/Al-Bayad” in the speech of the Arabs is a wheatish color marked by darkness. – as Al Hafid Al-Dhahabi said.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
08-17-2010, 09:27 AM
:sl:

Do you have any Hadiths from Sahih al-Bukhari, Sahih Muslim or an-Nasa'i al-Sughra, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi or Ibn Maja with a verification of it's soundness? Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim are the most trusted and authentic Hadith collections.

Please refer the matter to a reliable and knowledgeable scholar. Here's a fatwa that contains Hadiths from the most authentic hadith collections, al-Bukhari and Muslim about The physical characteristics of the Prophet(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Praise be to Allaah.

We will quote below a number of ahaadeeth which describe the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). If what you in your dream is in accordance with this, then you did indeed see the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), because he said: "Whoever sees me in a dream has really seen me, because Shaytaan cannot appear in my image." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5729).

Rabee'ah ibn Abi 'Abd al-Rahmaan said: "I heard Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) describing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: 'He was of average height, not too tall and not too short, with a pinkish colour, not very white and not dark, and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight. The Revelation came to him when he was forty years old, and he stayed in Makkah for ten years after the Revelation came, then in Madeenah for ten years. When he died, there were no more than twenty white hairs on his head and in his beard." (al-Bukhaari, 3283).

Al-Baraa' ibn 'Aazib said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was broad shouldered and had thick hair coming down to his shoulders and earlobes. He was wearing red garments. I have never seen anything more beautiful than him." (Reported by Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, Baab Sifat Sha'r al-Nabi (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), no. 2338).

'Ali said: "He was neither tall nor short, and had large hands and feet. He had a large head and was big-boned, and the thin line of hair (starting from his chest and extending to the navel) was long. When he walked, he would lean forward, as if he was walking downhill. I have never seen anyone like him, before or since." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3570, who said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

Jaabir ibn Samurah said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was dalee' al-fam, ashkal al-'ayn and manhoos al-'aqib." Shu'bah said: "I asked Maalik, 'What is dalee' al-fam?' He said: 'Wide-mouthed.' I asked, 'What is ashkal al-'ayn?' He said, 'Big-eyed.' I asked, 'What is manhoos al-'aqib?' He said, 'His heels were not fleshy.'" (Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, 2339).

Source

Darth Ultor
08-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Then using this description, why can't he be drawn? Not for comedy, but an animated film about his life. Or better yet, CGI.

Tilmeez
08-17-2010, 03:06 PM
What is written about him S.A.W is enough for us.

For us his S.A.W discription is not important but acting upon his teaching is more important and we will be questioned about this.

With this thread is closed!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-17-2010, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Then using this description, why can't he be drawn? Not for comedy, but an animated film about his life. Or better yet, CGI.
Look what happens to the pictures of Jesus(as) people drew. They become objects of worship. We have too much respect for all of the Prophets(PBUT) to allow them to become objects of shirk.

Besides we are not supposed to draw pictures of any creature human or animal, not just pictures of Muhammad(PBUH)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!