/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this really a thread for clarifications?

thunderman
08-01-2010, 07:29 PM
I am wondering if this is really a thread for clarifications about Islam?

Not so long ago my post was deleted for no reason. I provided a valid and legitimate objection that needed to be answered and there come no answer to this, but instead my thread was deleted. I am asking why? Isnt this supposed to be the part on this forum where you have clarifications about Islam?

Why then are you unable to answer my arguments? Have you been intellectually defeated or what? Then what is the future of Islam if you cannot even answer a valid objection on a verse in the Qur´an?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
08-01-2010, 09:16 PM
You started off by saying you were muslim then went on to express doubt on the validity of Islam altogether based on something that you personally found did not make sense. From the way you worded your post, it seems your mind is already made up and that you would be unwilling to accept anything that's said regardless of how much it makes sense.

Ultimately, however, the human intellect is limited and only Allah knows the true reality behind what you find puzzling. Any true muslim with conviction in Allah and his Prophet, peace be upon him, would seek to find guidance from Allah and not seek to falsify what he believes in straight off the bat (which is what your intellectual attitude indicates is your intention to begin with).

Hence your post is nothing but the spreading of mischeif and fasad and I think the mods were right to delete your post.

I'm sure you will know that it is not up to us to make you believe. Our duty is to only pass on the message and depending on your sincerity, Allah makes the decision on whether or not to guide.

You obviously already have the message so that's the real duty of muslims done. It's fine if you have questions but at the end of the day, you have to have humility and realise that you will never know everything (that's not to say there isn't an adequate answer for this). Most importantly, your approach is all wrong.

Dagless
08-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I think I saw that post earlier today and it was so long I thought I'd read it properly later. Usually when I think I'll read something properly later it means that it's too long and boring, and I'll likely never read it (I don't mean that in an offensive way).
Why don't you ask one question at a time and give each question its own thread? That way a greater number of people will read it and respond. Also don't lead or conclude the repercussions, because frankly you don't know until there are answers. Leave it completely open.

Brasco
08-01-2010, 09:32 PM
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله

الحمد الله

Well I do not know what's your objective, but you seem to love discussing and you've been banned many times. I've seen your pointless discussions nearly in every forum, so please do yourself a favor and us do not discuss, as it is just wasting of time!

and Allah knows best!

Banned from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, for misuse

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Thunderman

banned

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...un-sets-36227/

? an atheist

“I'm atheist, but my mentality is so open that I only want people to get along.”
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.ph...36#post2738536

more

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...-about-Dragons

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...octrine-35526/

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...41/#post363174

http://forums.islamicawakening.com/f...29/#post363131

the list continues…..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
thunderman
08-01-2010, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You started off by saying you were muslim then went on to express doubt on the validity of Islam altogether based on something that you personally found did not make sense. From the way you worded your post, it seems your mind is already made up and that you would be unwilling to accept anything that's said regardless of how much it makes sense.

Ultimately, however, the human intellect is limited and only Allah knows the true reality behind what you find puzzling. Any true muslim with conviction in Allah and his Prophet, peace be upon him, would seek to find guidance from Allah and not seek to falsify what he believes in straight off the bat (which is what your intellectual attitude indicates is your intention to begin with).

Hence your post is nothing but the spreading of mischeif and fasad and I think the mods were right to delete your post.

I'm sure you will know that it is not up to us to make you believe. Our duty is to only pass on the message and depending on your sincerity, Allah makes the decision on whether or not to guide.

You obviously already have the message so that's the real duty of muslims done. It's fine if you have questions but at the end of the day, you have to have humility and realise that you will never know everything (that's not to say there isn't an adequate answer for this). Most importantly, your approach is all wrong.
No, rather I merely expressed the fact that if that particula verse would mean that the sun sets in a spring, then it would mean the Qur´an is in error. We are all agreed on this issue, this is why we have these various explanations on this verse.

And my intention is to get an answer to that particular objection. Not answering this would not help me to "seek guidance" from Allah.

And I am already a Muslim, but praised be to Allah I am looking at these issue objectively and in this case I want an explanation to this verse. That you are "delivering the message" has nothing to do with the issue.

I will never know everything. But the Qur´an is a clear book, and is clear to everybody. It is intended that way, thus asking about an interpretation for a particula verse is valid to begin with. It has nothing to do with thinking about you knowing everything. All I ask for is a explanation for that verse.

If you cannot provide it, then it cannot be anything other than an intellectual defeat.

thunderman
08-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Brasco

Once again, I am not the atheist member of that forum. That is another man using my name. So stop merely assuming something.

أحمد
08-01-2010, 09:41 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by thunderman
No, rather I merely expressed the fact that if that particula verse would mean that the sun sets in a spring, then it would mean the Qur´an is in error. We are all agreed on this issue, this is why we have these various explanations on this verse.

And my intention is to get an answer to that particular objection. Not answering this would not help me to "seek guidance" from Allah.

And I am already a Muslim, but praised be to Allah I am looking at these issue objectively and in this case I want an explanation to this verse. That you are "delivering the message" has nothing to do with the issue.

I will never know everything. But the Qur´an is a clear book, and is clear to everybody. It is intended that way, thus asking about an interpretation for a particula verse is valid to begin with. It has nothing to do with thinking about you knowing everything. All I ask for is a explanation for that verse.

If you cannot provide it, then it cannot be anything other than an intellectual defeat.
The Quran NEVER says the sun sets in a spring; your IF statement has been answered.

:wa:

أحمد
08-01-2010, 09:44 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by thunderman
Brasco

Once again, I am not the atheist member of that forum. That is another man using my name. So stop merely assuming something.
Don't worry about members of other forums; if they're using your name, it shouldn't worry you.

:wa:

Alpha Dude
08-01-2010, 09:45 PM

Ok Einstein. Say someone can't answer that question and it is an 'intellectual defeat'. Then what? You're going to come to the conclusion that Islam is false or will you, as a sane muslim with conviction would do, assume that there is something deficient in our understanding and submit to Allah anyway?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!