/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why is it......

true_muslimmah
08-02-2010, 09:36 PM
:sl:

Why is it soooo hard to find a job?
I am a deaf muslimmah and for over 2years i have had no luck with a job. I am 22years old and have never worked in my life, i apply to at least 5-10jobs a day and none of them have gotten back to me. Not even for an interview.

I reccently got married in may and i really need a job, my husband is in Pakistan and i cant wait to call him over but with no job that is just impossible.

It has come to a point where i think that its meant to be that i never get a job but im not the one who will give up. It just gets soooo depressing being at home 24/7 i feel like i have achieved nothing in life.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rhubarb Tart
08-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Salam if you dont mind me asking why dont your husband apply a job in your country or come and study?

What country are you in?

What type of job (or career) are you looking for?

If you apply via internet then you may have no luck. Do you know any professional job seekers through agencies who may help or any organisation that can help?

Can you lip read?

What skills and qualification do you have so far? Degree?

Dont give up! Pray that you get a job.

true_muslimmah
08-03-2010, 09:58 PM

I dont mind at all. My husband is in Pkistan and he himself is working there, my husband cant come here to England to study neither can he find a job here either, the visa process is a headache.

I need to apply for a spousal visa for him to come here but i cant do that without myself having a job and you must have heard if u from the UK that a new law will go in2 action that those oversees will need to be able to speak english for their visa to get accepted, pass with a certificate to prove that he has passed.

Im not really fussed about what job, atm it is any job that i see i apply for, most prefebally in retail.
I am always on the Jobcentre Plus website and its a headache because there are like sooo many jobs but none of them suit me.

I am with an agency but they havent really kept me up to date with anything so i am going to go back often for help.

Alhamdulillah i can lip read, i can hear with the help of hearing aids in both ears. I am severley deaf.

I am qualified as a Gym Instructor and i would like to work in a gym envirnoment, women only off course, i have a gym neraby and the employer said that he will keep me in mind and when i went ther after a year i saw he has employed other girls and that upset me as he said he will keep me in mind if an available job comes up.

But like i said id do any job, so long as it doesnt go against the Shari'ah and im earning through halaal means.

I have no degree as i wasnt allowed to go university.

format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Salam if you dont mind me asking why dont your husband apply a job in your country or come and study?

What country are you in?

What type of job (or career) are you looking for?

If you apply via internet then you may have no luck. Do you know any professional job seekers through agencies who may help or any organisation that can help?

Can you lip read?

What skills and qualification do you have so far? Degree?

Dont give up! Pray that you get a job.

Muslimeen
08-04-2010, 08:03 AM
I can understand your position, I was there for quite a while and when I did get jobs most paid very little to survive. I had a diploma in management, and still struggled. I eventually got a job in retail but realised it was not for me, the hours were long and the pay was just too low, I don't know about the UK though.

I eventually starting studying accounts and got a decent job and feel it is a lot better, the key is to never give up, I cannot even count how many interviews I have been for. Ask Allah Swt for assistance and keep on trying, insha allah everything will be fine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
true_muslimmah
08-04-2010, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimeen
I can understand your position, I was there for quite a while and when I did get jobs most paid very little to survive. I had a diploma in management, and still struggled. I eventually got a job in retail but realised it was not for me, the hours were long and the pay was just too low, I don't know about the UK though.

I eventually starting studying accounts and got a decent job and feel it is a lot better, the key is to never give up, I cannot even count how many interviews I have been for. Ask Allah Swt for assistance and keep on trying, insha allah everything will be fine.
Thanks for understanding Akhi. True retail jobs are just like that but to me i do not mind that as long as i am working and i am getting some sort of income just for the time being and then Insha'Allah i will move on to progress in something later on.

Right now its just about being employed to do any job tbh. I have faith in Allah SWT.
Thank you for taking your time to reply.

Anymore advice from others.....?? Will be greatly appreciated.

Salahudeen
08-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Why don't you try doing some voluntary work within an organisation first they may decide to keep you but because of the current state of the economy it's not likely unfortunately :( I was looking at jobs online and for every job there was like 70 applicants. Even people with degree's are finding it hard to get jobs. :(

Muslim Woman
08-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by true_muslimmah

...I need to apply for a spousal visa for him to come here .

Sorry to know about ur problem sis. Your parent or any relative can't sponsor him ?

May Allah ease the matter and grant what is good for u . Ameen.

true_muslimmah
08-05-2010, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam

Sorry to know about ur problem sis. Your parent or any relative can't sponsor him ?

May Allah ease the matter and grant what is good for u . Ameen.
Well my parents did say that leave it down to them but i dunno tbh. I still need a job anyways. My mum goes just get him to concentrate on passing his English then they will do the rest.

Snowflake
08-07-2010, 07:24 PM
assalamu alaykum,

My dear sis, have patience. We only get frustrated when things are delayed because we don't know the reason why Allah delays things for us, but put your trust in Allah and believe it is for the best. Tell your husband the same thing and try not to stress inshaAllah. Be steadfast in your prayers and make dua. Make extra idabah and do dua. Do good deeds for others and make dua. Allah is sure to grant your prayers and make matters easy for you. After all it is Allah who is the Provider.

Secondly, instead of looking for jobs, advertise yourself as personal trainer. I can see tons of women wanting a female trainer. Don't be afraid inshaAllah. Keep making dua for Allah to assist you and things will work out for you. And as I always say, even if they don't go according to plan, then that is also good for you. : )

Woodrow
08-07-2010, 07:49 PM

Here in the USA the post office favors hearing impaired workers for a number of jobs. It has been found that because of the noise of the sorting machines a person with hearing is the handicapped one as the noise makes it difficult for them to concentrate on their job.

Perhaps you can consider the Postal Service, if you have not yet done so.

Rhubarb Tart
08-07-2010, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by true_muslimmah

I dont mind at all. My husband is in Pkistan and he himself is working there, my husband cant come here to England to study neither can he find a job here either, the visa process is a headache.

I need to apply for a spousal visa for him to come here but i cant do that without myself having a job and you must have heard if u from the UK that a new law will go in2 action that those oversees will need to be able to speak english for their visa to get accepted, pass with a certificate to prove that he has passed.

Im not really fussed about what job, atm it is any job that i see i apply for, most prefebally in retail.
I am always on the Jobcentre Plus website and its a headache because there are like sooo many jobs but none of them suit me.

I am with an agency but they havent really kept me up to date with anything so i am going to go back often for help.

Alhamdulillah i can lip read, i can hear with the help of hearing aids in both ears. I am severley deaf.

I am qualified as a Gym Instructor and i would like to work in a gym envirnoment, women only off course, i have a gym neraby and the employer said that he will keep me in mind and when i went ther after a year i saw he has employed other girls and that upset me as he said he will keep me in mind if an available job comes up.

But like i said id do any job, so long as it doesnt go against the Shari'ah and im earning through halaal means.

I have no degree as i wasnt allowed to go university.
Salam,

How about arranging an interview with job centre and asking them for extra help (which you should be entitled to). I think it is really good that you can lip read, most jobs I can think of, you can work in. where part of england are you from?

true_muslimmah
08-08-2010, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106
Salam,

How about arranging an interview with job centre and asking them for extra help (which you should be entitled to). I think it is really good that you can lip read, most jobs I can think of, you can work in. where part of england are you from?
Ws

In my opinion the jobcentre advisors who i have are totally uselessl at times. I am from Rochdale, Greater Manchester.

true_muslimmah
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Here in the USA the post office favors hearing impaired workers for a number of jobs. It has been found that because of the noise of the sorting machines a person with hearing is the handicapped one as the noise makes it difficult for them to concentrate on their job.

Perhaps you can consider the Postal Service, if you have not yet done so.
But i can hear the noise, i wear hearing aids.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!